Gas Bug has made Clash on Kamino much harder

As the title states the event is way harder than the first time around. Maybe you should fix the bug instead of saying it's not having a effect on anything. Anyone playing the game knows it's effecting the game.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The way GAS is acting now is how he should from his kit.

Can you explain how this is a bug according to his kit?
    hfjua5hl2ezy.jpg
  • Options
    So the bug was when he wasn't countering? It's a mechanic that has changed so it had to be bugged at some point. If it was bugged before then everyone who unlocked GAS exploited a bug. The event has changed significantly, I think this gives people a legitimate right to complain.
  • Options
    The level of difficulty increase shouldn't really be a factor in the argument. The fact that there is any increased difficulty at all means they messed up the event.
  • Options
    Yeah the event was already very hard.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options
    So the bug was when he wasn't countering? It's a mechanic that has changed so it had to be bugged at some point. If it was bugged before then everyone who unlocked GAS exploited a bug. The event has changed significantly, I think this gives people a legitimate right to complain.

From the wording in his kit, yes, he should have been countering.

The thing that changed wasnt his kit, it was a background "order of operations" of battle that changed what is happening, his kit is 100% the same as it has always been.

I'm not saying people shouldnt complain, but to blame it on a "bug" is not correct, he is not bugged, the event is not bugged.
  • Options
    g9w1rmjo850w.jpg
  • Options
    Says right there "kit changes"?
  • Options
    anhwnl5xzaxj.jpg
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Ace0187420 wrote: »
    g9w1rmjo850w.jpg
    That reads as a change or a bug, acknowledgement that there is a difference but nothing will be done..

@CG_SBCrumb can we have a comment on this please? Disadvantage coded into the game for people trying to unlock this time around? Is that an official policy now?
  • Options
    Fixed 1 bug and created a different 1, seems to be the standard practice around here.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Fixed 1 bug and created a different 1, seems to be the standard practice around here.

Unless you whale hard, in which case your golden..

• Options
    anhwnl5xzaxj.jpg

Thank you for posting the developer post where they acknowledged the behavior changed, never called it a bug, and then stated the change was due to fixing a bug.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Semantics. "Bugged", "Changed order of operations" call it whatever you like. The fact remains that the event has changed in an increased difficulty from last release to this one. If that was intended then they need to release a statement saying as much. If it was unintended then I'm going to consider the event broken.
  • Options
    I'm not really concerned with his kit, I'm concerned with the event. GAS isn't bugged, I get that. The event is more difficult due to corrections they made in regards to how his kit interacts with the game.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @Jaggedfel181 in which case the dev team need to address the change between iterations of the event. Perhaps everyone who has tried and failed p4 should be awarded the shards they are missing.
  • Options
    That solution seems a bit extreme. The issue is GAS getting 2-3 more attacks so I would think scaling back his damage a little to make things more on par with the previous release would be a good solution
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @Jaggedfel181 it may be extreme, but as there will be no way that anything could be adjusted with light the event being down for weeks on end (see the malak fiasco) it would be simpler to just award them I think.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Semantics. "Bugged", "Changed order of operations" call it whatever you like. The fact remains that the event has changed in an increased difficulty from last release to this one. If that was intended then they need to release a statement saying as much. If it was unintended then I'm going to consider the event broken.

Ok so you consider the event broken.

Now what?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Lets all start discussing GAS being bugged or fixed instead of talking about the increase in difficulty caused by the change.
    Anyway, i'm with @ZAP on this one.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    Options

Welcome to software development.
    And you more often create 2 more than just 1 if you're in a rush when correcting :-D
  • Options

f7FdEdG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

looool "exploited a bug"

source.gif

he really isn't any harder to beat now that his counter is working as written

it literally doesn't
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

looool "exploited a bug"

source.gif

it literally doesn't

mrw10f5tp51a.png

Yes it does. And the event is indeed harder due to the counter before cover. The extra move has a ripple effect throughout the rest of the battle where you need RNG to go perfectly to win.
  • Options

looool "exploited a bug"

it literally doesn't

it literally does ... right in the title
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I’m struggling big time with P4, but it’s not because of that last GAS counter before kneeling, it’s no one targeting my DDK when he has DI and then echo dispelling and stunning him.

maybe your droideka is too fast? Slow it down so Echo dispels right before you put up your shield? Maybe? I don't know, I won't even get to try until next time.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

looool "exploited a bug"

it literally doesn't

it literally does ... right in the title

ah, in the title, ty. Thought he was saying they changed it. I remember seeing the title and thinking it was badly worded (from CG, I know right? lol) bc his kit didn't change, just it started working as written
    ZAP wrote: »
    I’m struggling big time with P4, but it’s not because of that last GAS counter before kneeling, it’s no one targeting my DDK when he has DI and then echo dispelling and stunning him.

maybe your droideka is too fast? Slow it down so Echo dispels right before you put up your shield? Maybe? I don't know, I won't even get to try until next time.

fast droideka is to get the shields up to allow his assists from his zeta (not sure if it's been said itt)

spam filter ate my reply so had to retype
    Maybe End Game isn't for you