The Chosen one (unlock gas with new counter)

In the immortal words of Pete Weber:
“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! I AM!”

So after over a thousand tries between this pass of the event and last I finally hit the prize of GAS. Let me begin by saying I hope CG never does this type of event again, the RNG necessary even with relics is absurd. I’ve never hated an event more.

Anyway. The team I used was G12 ZzAsajj, R4 zB1, R3 zB2, R2 zDroideka and G12 magna. The mods I used will be posted below but the strategy i used still requires heaps of RNG and needs B2 to hit his TM gain, and Droideka to hit with the assists. If B2 gets dazed at any point before 5’s, echo or arc go down reset. If your droids get stunned on Echo’s AOE, reset. I went as follow.

1.) Shield up Droideka.
2.) AOE B1 and get B2 Tm. Hope for an assist on GAS.
3.) AOE B2 and hope assist on GAS.
4.) AOE with Assaj and it’s ok if no assist, that should topple GAS.
Side note: if Magna gets his taunt and counters to where Droideka assist then that’s totally fine. That cuts out massive RNG and cuts out the counter before cover.
5.) Once Gas is down, focus on 5’s. Rex can hit his tenacity up. No big deal. After that if Echo stuns, try again. If no stuns keep going. If possible stun Rex before his TM and echo with Asajj basic.
6.) Get 5’s down ASAP. If he’s not dead before topple is over, reset.
7.) With 5’s gone, rex’s TM gain, and Echo’s aoe gone focus fire on Echo as much as possible. With enough assist he will fall too. Or hit Rex whoever is weaker.
8.) at this point GAS will get back up. If he dazed B2 you have massive issues and it’s unlikely you’ll win.
9.) after Gas attacks focus fire down on gas again and hope the assists drop and B2 gets his TM.
10.) once gas is down again focus fire on echo and then arc. If you have B2, B1 and Droideka left under his shield you are in great shape. Even better if magna or asajj are still alive.
11.) Gas will get up and the prayers start. If you have 4/5, whether the storm and blast GAS away with Droideka special. If he has no protection and Droideka has at least 5 charges then he will fall. I’ll post the mods and pics in the comments. Any questions I’ll be happy to help and will post more videos so hopefully this can be a megathread for help.

Replies

• Options
    ov1gzbdl9tgd.png
    w92fwn0saaw6.png
    80jsiwv1nloz.png
    5to886ks61jr.png
    c81cnao9cc70.png
    aoue955xx6a2.png
    f629l5sopg9e.png
    uxdz1pj47801.png
    u336qdb2h6ye.png
    uamuasqeucpg.png
    mmqkc772fzy5.png
    0ubooyrqqcqv.png
    klt51ehy4o2f.png
    do161w2fqb09.png
  • Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

Well done for unlocking, but I’d strongly advise any and all other forum users to mod b1 differently.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

Well done for unlocking, but I’d strongly advise any and all other forum users to mod b1 differently.

Don't forget the cc on Droideka.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    2 health mods on b1?!

assisted basic from zeta can crit though
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    2 health mods on b1?!

assisted basic from zeta can crit though

Yeah my bad.
  • Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

I sacrificed the tankiness for potency to get more TM going. The debuffs still didn’t land as much as they should but the TM boost from his buff immunity and target lock helped out biggly
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Congrats!

Goes to show you that it can be done with different modding. The mods and stats I used on all mine except maybe magna, were a lot different than yours.

I basically used Sir Gregorius concept and tweaked the mods.

https://youtu.be/bo0SnTfAmjI
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    2 health mods on b1?!

I sacrificed the tankiness for potency to get more TM going. The debuffs still didn’t land as much as they should but the TM boost from his buff immunity and target lock helped out biggly

Tankiness on B1???
  • Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

Tankiness on B1???

Oh meant B2.
    But the health mods were my best ones I had that pushed the speed high enough
  • Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

It’s b1 I’m questioning for health mods. You know, the toon with 1 health?

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

Tankiness on B1???

Oh meant B2.

....to get +90 speed?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    2 health mods on b1?!

Tankiness on B1???

Oh meant B2.

....to get +90 speed?

I think I’d struggle too if I was using potency set

Everyone has different mod depth
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

Tankiness on B1???

Oh meant B2.

....to get +90 speed?

Well, I mean I have the exact same speed on mine.....

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/characters/b1-battle-droid

Granted, that's my base set....
  • Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

It’s b1 I’m questioning for health mods. You know, the toon with 1 health?

Yeah I touched on that. My potency pool is shallow and already allocated what I could for proper speeds. It definitely wasn’t ideal as I run a full potency set on him otherwise, but it’s what I had lol
  • Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

Tankiness on B1???

Oh meant B2.

....to get +90 speed?

I haven’t gotten good mod rolls with potency honestly. Health, CD and speed have had my best speed secondaries
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    2 health mods on b1?!

Tankiness on B1???

Oh meant B2.

....to get +90 speed?

I haven’t gotten good mod rolls with potency honestly. Health, CD and speed have had my best speed secondaries

Gotcha
  • Options
    Congrats,I have also finally made it, I was using the same strategy from sir georgous..but I was only able to do it when i relic 1 b2 and relic 4 b1.. rest g12 . I feel this is now the minimum for this event, this was literally 7hours of straight play