Why only 1 ship territory in GA???!!!

Prev13
We have 8 capital ships now! Over 5 million GP...and only 1 ship territory???? Why???

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I would love two ship defenses in one territory
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    As much as I love fleet, I don't think we're quite at the point where it's reasonable to ask people to field four non-garbage fleets.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Excuse me, but people with 5 million GP should have at least 4 fleets ready to go...

Rebells
    Empire
    Galactic Republic
    Geos/Headhunters

Of course we have not that selection as we have in ground battles...but it’s really better than only 1 fleet...it’s totally boring...
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I would love two ship defenses in one territory

Honestly, I agree for now. But in about 3 to 5 months it would need to be three, yes I am assuming they had a few ships into the mix.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    mark41279 wrote: »
    Excuse me, but people with 5 million GP should have at least 4 fleets ready to go...

Rebells
    Empire
    Galactic Republic
    Geos/Headhunters

Of course we have not that selection as we have in ground battles...but it’s really better than only 1 fleet...it’s totally boring...

And 2 fleets battles as opposed to 1 would make it totally not boring?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Eh....you have 8 capital ships yes, but two are only freshly released. Only krakens/whales have them done. So Raddus and finalizer aren’t reasonable.

Between negotiator and malevolence most only have one done with the other close to unlocked or some kind of mix. So that gives 5.

With all that considered, two of the remaining 5 are just not good. Mace is garbage and tarkin is incredibly outdated. Ackbar and to a Far lesser extent chimera are still good ships with Ackbar still holding meta until more Finalizer get finished. So with only 3 reasonably useful ships for now, it’s not fair to expect to ship slots.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Not every fleet has to be arena-grade. Having to choose where to be strong and where to be weak is part of the challenge of GAC.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    79xcfv968ls2.jpeg
    Just unlocked Malevolence finally.
    I say bring on more fleet battles !!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Rebells
    Empire
    Galactic Republic
    Geos/Headhunters

I'm just over 5m and am decidedly more fleet-focused than the average player, and I still really only have 3 viable fleets. Empire isn't really a useful fleet at the moment because they lack a tank and don't have the damage output to offset that.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Rebells
    Empire
    Galactic Republic
    Geos/Headhunters

I'm just over 5m and am decidedly more fleet-focused than the average player, and I still really only have 3 viable fleets. Empire isn't really a useful fleet at the moment because they lack a tank and don't have the damage output to offset that.
    I had to run C-grade squads in GA a lot. There is no reason fleets shouldn't stretch the player's resources, it just forces you to make difficult choices, a thing I like to call "strategy". ;)
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Rebells
    Empire
    Galactic Republic
    Geos/Headhunters

I had to run C-grade squads in GA a lot. There is no reason fleets shouldn't stretch the player's resources, it just forces you to make difficult choices, a thing I like to call "strategy". ;)

I mean, fair. It's just tough to do at the moment because fleets are so much less developed than characters in general, so doubling the number required is a major leap even in D1, for all but the whaliest of whales.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Rebells
    Empire
    Galactic Republic
    Geos/Headhunters

The problem with more fleets imo isn't running a "C" fleet, it is having no options if you lose. Not just no realistic options, but generally no actual options. With squads you can probably put forth atleast a few "D" teams to try and pick off the survivors, but if you only have 4 or 5 cap ships you are done with a loss.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    If capital ships just released is the issue, how about giving a fixed capital ship for 1 of 2 slots for each gac round? Doesnt have to be a maxed out capital ship they give us, just g11 with maxed out ability.
  • Options
    How about gac get rid of ships. K, thnx bai
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    ThisIsMike wrote: »
    Or... Ships as whole just kinda sucks so the less of it we get in the only worthwhile piece of content we've had in over a year, the better.

Meh

Ships only fun thing in game now so ill go abead and just disagree on this
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Rebells
    Empire
    Galactic Republic
    Geos/Headhunters

The problem with more fleets imo isn't running a "C" fleet, it is having no options if you lose. Not just no realistic options, but generally no actual options. With squads you can probably put forth atleast a few "D" teams to try and pick off the survivors, but if you only have 4 or 5 cap ships you are done with a loss.
    I've been in that same position with squads. Just because you have trash toons left to zerg with doesn't mean they can actually accomplish anything.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I'm with OP, but why not 1v1 ships, with Cap ships only??!??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I'm with OP, but why not 1v1 ships, with Cap ships only??!??

Because Raddus would win every time
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I think we’re headed there, but not there yet—keep in mind that most advanced players have five capital ships (the three starters, Chimaera, and one of Malevolence or Negotiator—and even then, probably at 6*). Raddus and Finalizer are too new to be competitive against established fleets just yet.

But once the average player has six? Sure, yeah, I can see that happening. We might need more ships first, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    We might need more ships first, though.

THIS.

Are there actually 8*7 = 56 Ships in the Game right now?

I'm honestly not sure.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

THIS.

I'm honestly not sure.

Just counted and there are 41.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

THIS.

I'm honestly not sure.

Just counted and there are 41.

That's what I count also, although it actually further supports the point being made.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

THIS.

I'm honestly not sure.

Just curious, where do you get 8 and 7?
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

THIS.

I'm honestly not sure.

Just curious, where do you get 8 and 7?

8 capital ships.
    7 ships per fleet
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Options
    I think the dev should add one more divison, around 5,5 or 6 mill gp, there you can add one more ship def. Right now most of the players have 2 or 3 working fleet, even in div 1.
  • Options
    For 1 ship territory you need 3 fleets: 1 for defense, 1 for attack and 1 in case you don't win on your first try. Double that would be 6 fleets. With 7 non-capital ships per fleet, that's 42. Someone said there are only 41. This is a terrible idea.
  • Options
    And about half (not reslly but feels like it) the ships are equivalent to a mob enforcer. If u use a gk fleet u lack any good gr ships for mace(even though hes trash) tarkin also forget him wmpire ships are 75% useless only a few good ones bugs are maybe a c tier atm probably at best players are still farming gg fleets at cap or farming gks hux and holdo if u dont refresh the battles are whaled on them ur looking at about a year to get them to 7* roughly if they each are 2x a month and u got them first go around so aa isnt even a great fleet anymore so yes fleets in general are not ready for 2 defenses unless ur a whale need about 30-40 more ships also to give more comps also