Moving MoDs

Moving MoDs around for an event is a very long and annoying process.
Can we have the option to create MoD sets for all characters with a single button ? So I can take a picture of all my Modded toons, shuffle things around for the event and then put everything back as it was quickly.

Replies

• Options
    I've been doing this a lot recently with all the new assault battle tiers not to mention the GAS event.

This area definitely needs some QOL improvements:

1. As the OP suggests the ability to take and return to a snapshot of your entire rosters mods
    2. The ability to exit and rejoin GAC after you [me] realize you left your reliced grievous with no mods
    3. Complete removal of 1-4 dot mods (Currently the mod situation for new players is awful as they haven't yet learned those mods are a waste of resources)
    4. A complete redesign of Mod Battles (currently useless content for both early and late game players)
    5. A redesign of the mod load out screen. I'm sure there's a way to delete a loadout but I haven't found it, which suggests there's something unintuitive about it (or I'm a muppet - in fairness either or both could be true)

Mods need some love.
  • Options
    To delete loadout, tap the circle with three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen (when you’re looking at all your loadouts). It’s not the most intuitive thing in the world, yeah.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Options
    The full roster mod snapshot would be a nice backup. But it's not that hard to snapshot all the characters that will lose mods. My best mods are on maybe 20 characters. I can build near optimal mod sets for an event pulling from just the top 20. In fact, I maintain snapshots of my top 20 all the time, in case I accidentally mess up some mods.

If you invest 5 minutes in taking snap shots ahead of the event, it only takes a couple minutes to restore mods after. It's true I'd prefer that be one-click, but in truth the few minutes fixing mods is trivial compared to the hours waiting for RNG in an event like GAS.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    The full roster mod snapshot would be a nice backup. But it's not that hard to snapshot all the characters that will lose mods. My best mods are on maybe 20 characters. I can build near optimal mod sets for an event pulling from just the top 20. In fact, I maintain snapshots of my top 20 all the time, in case I accidentally mess up some mods.

If you invest 5 minutes in taking snap shots ahead of the event, it only takes a couple minutes to restore mods after. It's true I'd prefer that be one-click, but in truth the few minutes fixing mods is trivial compared to the hours waiting for RNG in an event like GAS.

Doing a full roster mod snapshot that is accessible to the player should be low hanging fruit for them as they already have the code to do it for GAC,TW, etc...

I wouldn't even care if we could see the snapshot. Just create the snapshot, move a bunch of mods around, do the event your interested in (hopefully complete it), apply snapshot.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Sad that 3rd party apps can do it faster and more efficiently than those who made the game.

Not sure it's a matter of speed or efficiency, more likely a matter of desire. Sadly, little seems to be added to the game lately if there is no way to monetize it in some form, even if that form is simply getting players to utilize more resources.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Well... yeah it would be nice.

At the same time, the idea is to have enough mods to not move then around. There will be certain events where it's necessary, but often you can use loadouts.

Again, I agree it would be be nice, but currently it's part of the game and just something to get used to. I don't expect an update for this anytime soon.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Well... yeah it would be nice.

At the same time, the idea is to have enough mods to not move then around. There will be certain events where it's necessary, but often you can use loadouts.

Again, I agree it would be be nice, but currently it's part of the game and just something to get used to. I don't expect an update for this anytime soon.

It's not just events but also TB and HSTR. It takes a long time to put everything back even with loadouts.

I want this too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    CaroCanon wrote: »
    To delete loadout, tap the circle with three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen (when you’re looking at all your loadouts). It’s not the most intuitive thing in the world, yeah.

Thank you for this.