Padme Defensive 5th

Vendi1983
5024 posts Member
I currently run G9 zzPadme, zG8 GK, zG11 Ahsoka, and G11 JKA for defence in GAC. Typically use it as a back zone "surprise".

They're #2 on my gearing priority list right now (should be #1 I know, but finishing gearing/farming for DR).

My question is, who would bring the most defensive viability to the team?

I currently use 3P0/GMY offensively with CLS/JKR respectively. The last few events I've run G10 Aayla for the stuns, counters, and damage-boosted assists. I also have Plo, Shaak, CWC available and ok but not great gear-wise. Barris is under-developed. Willing to work on whomever at this point.

Fire away!

Replies

• Options
    If you're not running a clone squad fives might be a good choice
  • Options
    On defense, 3PO prevents an easy Palp counter.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    The 5th members I most often see are C3P0 (best option), Barris, and Shaak Ti.

Don't use Plo Koon. His +50% TM move will be rendered useless by Padme, so he'll pretty much just be taking up space.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    @Jarvind thanks! Good tip with Plo. Use his ship but not him so it makes sense.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    Put 3PO with Padmé and find a new fifth for your CLS.

There are TONS of useful rebels that easily slot into a CLS team, especially on offense (or even go under-sized). Using Padmé for defense you really need to use 3PO to prevent a myriad of counters.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @Vendi1983 zbarris is annoying if your facing lower gear players, not sure what division your in?

Otherwise shaak or 3po would be my choice, if I had too, but I’d rather keep her for offense her,jka and gk can smallteam a fair few squads..
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Almost done gearing for DR and then my stun gun/carb supply is diverted to General Karbanti.

I'll run my next GA with 3P0 in there for fun. Undermanned R7 CLS can take out just about anything but premium modded meta
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

There are TONS of useful rebels that easily slot into a CLS team, especially on offense (or even go under-sized). Using Padmé for defense you really need to use 3PO to prevent a myriad of counters.

I’d caveat that with “if you aren’t using Rebels to counter JKR”. 3PO is what makes rebels able to counter JKR, especially the higher geared teams. If that’s the case, I’d put in Shaak Ti if you don’t have your troopers geared, and zBarriss if you do.
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

I’d caveat that with “if you aren’t using Rebels to counter JKR”. 3PO is what makes rebels able to counter JKR, especially the higher geared teams. If that’s the case, I’d put in Shaak Ti if you don’t have your troopers geared, and zBarriss if you do.

Yeah, kinda funny that really you'd want a 5th that could give offense up to the team.
    Rex, tenacity up, team don't need it.
    Plo , Defense up, team don't need it but I do like dispel on basic.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    For a defensive b squad, I'd use a fast R2 if you can spare him, or bariss.

Also, consider setting JKR on defense instead using toons like bariss and hoda to free up GMY for a good offensive padme squad.

In arena, it's 3p0 all the way, but I almost always use yoda for GA as he's usually more than capable for what I need to defeat there.