Server update - inbox messages

Prev1
The server update contains this info:

[GENERAL] - Fixed an issue that could cause an inbox message to be duplicated.

Is this what happened that caused double KAM shards for some players? And, if so, what will be done? These players got a huge advantage. Will they keep the extra shards or will it be removed?

Replies

• Ct214476
    176 posts Member
    Options
    The server update contains this info:

[GENERAL] - Fixed an issue that could cause an inbox message to be duplicated.

Is this what happened that caused double KAM shards for some players? And, if so, what will be done? These players got a huge advantage. Will they keep the extra shards or will it be removed?

I don't think they would remove the extra shards, because the people who unlocked him already got him up to max power they could at 4*. If they removed the extra shards they would have to refund all the gear, credits, and ability mats.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    In what way did they get a huge advantage?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

4* G11 characters are good again /s
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

They received double shards, unlocked the char earlier. This counts in the long run, mate
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

They received double shards, unlocked the char earlier. This counts in the long run, mate

Doesn't answer my question.

I still don't have Wat. How am I at a huge disadvantage?
  • Options

4* G11 characters are good again /s

Its not about this. They unlocked earlier, this matters.
  • Ct214476
    176 posts Member
    Options

They got to unlock their Ki Adi Mundi's before almost everyone else, which means they can spend that time theory crafting with him.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Ct214476 wrote: »

They got to unlock their Ki Adi Mundi's before almost everyone else, which means they can spend that time theory crafting with him.

And?
  • Options

If u don't know why, there's no point telling you.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

That just indicates you can't actually answer the question. Noted.
  • Options

That just indicates you can't actually answer the question. Noted.

I believe what the OP meant to say is that if you recieved a significant amount of double KAM shards, it will improve your projection/timeline to get him to 7*. If this means you get him 1 ot 2 TB's sooner than other players would have because of the bug, it can provide a signficant advantage over that period of time, as you can operate him at a relic level.

The issue is we don't know how powerful or useful he will be. Because of the unlock requirements, its fair to assume that he will useful, but at this point it is difficult to quantify that advatange.

I got double shards once.. we went from 1 to 2. So that has no impact, but if your guild get 80 instead of 40... well that may put you on a faster to complete timeline.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I understand the number part of it. I just dislike when people say things like "it's not fair these people got a huge advantage" when they can't point to why beyond the actual unlock or 7* progress.

Is it possible they will have a huge advantage? Of course.

Is it guaranteed? No. But people like to act like it is.
  • Options

In terms of not having wat? Yes you are. He’s arguably the most versatile character with his tech buffs that can instantly upgrade even basic teams. My FO team is G12 and in Geo DSTB having him on that team today got me to wave 4 where I otherwise would’ve gotten smashed in wave 1. Plus the benefits to TW and GAC.

For the extra KAM shards the benefit is not immediate but they have an unfair edge to 7* him first.
  • Options
    It's a matter of equality. I spend the same time as the X person did while in the same guild, yet X person gets double of what I get due to a bug when we should have had the same. Same thing happened with Malak and they removed the extra shards I don't see why they don't do the same in this case.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

Perhaps your disadvantage has nothing to do with Wat.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options
    TVF at a huge disadvantage for not having Wat

Also TVF, ranked 15 in Kyber league in division 1

🤔
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

In terms of not having wat? Yes you are. He’s arguably the most versatile character with his tech buffs that can instantly upgrade even basic teams. My FO team is G12 and in Geo DSTB having him on that team today got me to wave 4 where I otherwise would’ve gotten smashed in wave 1. Plus the benefits to TW and GAC.

If I'm at such a huge disadvantage not having Wat why do I do great in arena and GAC and DSTB and TW and raids?

LSTB is the only argument I can see (for KAM), but even there it wouldn't make that much of a difference in rewards to my guild.

This is not about either Wat or KAM being worthwhile, of course they are. This is about not having them putting you at a huge disadvantage, and I disagree with that. /shrug
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

I disbelieve you are willing to expand on that but why don't you give it a shot?
  • chmoAr0ufif0u
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    We don't care? Congrats on being amazing and topping all game modes but this post has to do with some people getting advantage small or big, short or long term, still an advantage. People have gone to certain lengths to get shards, yet others get rewarded.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    We don't care? Congrats on being amazing and topping all game modes but this post has to do with some people getting advantage small or big, short or long term, still an advantage. People have gone to certain lengths to get shards, yet others get rewarded.

Don't disagree there.

Also thanks for the compliment.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    The people that got double shards didn't go to any lengths outside of being able to complete the mission. Nobody cheated, it was glitch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Is it fair? Nope

Is it life? Yes
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

I disbelieve you are willing to expand on that but why don't you give it a shot?

You seem to disbelieve a lot of things in a lot of threads, but no, I’m good.
  • Options
    It's a matter of equality. I spend the same time as the X person did while in the same guild, yet X person gets double of what I get due to a bug when we should have had the same. Same thing happened with Malak and they removed the extra shards I don't see why they don't do the same in this case.

As far as I know only 2 people have unlocked KAM. When Malak had the extra shard availability it was the entire game that had access and you could receive 145 shards and bypass GET currency requirements. There is a huge difference between 2 people getting extra shards( I don't know if the "extra" amount was ever stated in this case) and a 4* character and everyone having access to free 145 shards and a 7* character that is/was the META.

Instead of pointing fingers at this one incident, we should be happy that someone can test the character and determine if KAM is even worth it right now. Not all TB characters are META such as ROLO and Probe droid. Usable yes but not the META no.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    The people that got double shards didn't go to any lengths outside of being able to complete the mission. Nobody cheated, it was glitch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Is it fair? Nope

Is it life? Yes

Not really. People didn't complete the mission. Got double rewards. People completed mission didn't. And vice versa.
    Is it fair? Nope
    Is it life? Yes
    Can it be reverted/adjusted? Yes - - > That's what people want
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF at a huge disadvantage for not having Wat

Also TVF, ranked 15 in Kyber league in division 1

🤔

Oh, he was talking about the game. My bad.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Is it fair? Nope

Is it life? Yes

Not really. People didn't complete the mission. Got double rewards. People completed mission didn't. And vice versa.
    Is it fair? Nope
    Is it life? Yes

Stop worrying about other people. Worry about what you can do and then do it. You will worry less.
  • Options
    No need advices from you. I got half the amount of rewards other guildies did because of bug. If you are in the happy side of it, you might stop worry. I am (and many are) in the unhappy path.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

You seem to disbelieve a lot of things in a lot of threads, but no, I’m good.

well sure, you're good, but maybe...?

Is it fair? Nope

Is it life? Yes

Is it fair? Nope
    Is it life? Yes

people got shards that didn't win the shard battle?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    No need advices from you.

It's good advice though.
  • chmoAr0ufif0u
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    exile038 wrote: »

As far as I know only 2 people have unlocked KAM. When Malak had the extra shard availability it was the entire game that had access and you could receive 145 shards and bypass GET currency requirements. There is a huge difference between 2 people getting extra shards( I don't know if the "extra" amount was ever stated in this case) and a 4* character and everyone having access to free 145 shards and a 7* character that is/was the META.

Instead of pointing fingers at this one incident, we should be happy that someone can test the character and determine if KAM is even worth it right now. Not all TB characters are META such as ROLO and Probe droid. Usable yes but not the META no.

I left guild, I went to 50 shards of kam and provided my time, my skills (if any) and my data for the community so as to build stats based on our wins and looses. How you think dsr bot has the ',skam' command?
    As far as you know 2 people unlocked him, but you don't know how many are about to in the next round just because of the bug.