Time Settings?

Laz
190 posts Member
It says my Arena Payout is 9AM currently, but it’s really 10AM.

Replies

• EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    I loathe Day Light Saving time. I wish we would get rid of it because it is so outdated. I have the same problem. With only two swaps per year, it is paranoia inducing to make a quick swap since it doesn't show the correct time currently. My payouts are showing as 6 PM and 7 PM with reset at midnight. This is my preferred schedule. In the game currently, those times are all actually moved an hour ahead due to the clock reset early this morning. The time switch function for whatever reasons hasn't changed to show that I am currently on a 1 AM reset cycle. Do I ride it out a few days, or set it to 11 PM which would correct the in game clock? It is extremely annoying that it doesn't change with the time change. I don't want to waste a swap if I set it to 11 PM and it actually catches up in a day or two and I then need to swap again to midnight.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Laz wrote: »

Daylight Saving started or ended today, I never really am sure which. The game's clock never changes, though, because some areas don't do Daylight Saving and some areas only adjust a half hour. Then you get weirdness like how all of China is one time zone. So it's just easier to have one constant clock and allow two changes per year.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Daylight Saving started or ended today, I never really am sure which.
    Neither, in Europe / UK. We do it at the end of March / October, just to make things more confusing.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Daylight Saving started or ended today, I never really am sure which.
    Neither, in Europe / UK. We do it at the end of March / October, just to make things more confusing.

We used to be on the same schedule here in California, but a couple years back they moved the end date up into November. So some states still change in October, I think.

Hell, you want to see Maximum Chaos, look at the state of Indiana where some COUNTIES don't do it and the others do....

I don't know. I like Daylight Saving since it shifts the active part of my day to when the sun is out, so I walk more and leave the lights off in the house because I don't need them. Saves me gas and cuts on my electric bill. The first week is a little obnoxious because my body has to get used to waking up at what the clock says is 6:00am but it thinks is still 5:00am, but it gets sorted out quickly. Besides, I get a healthy amount of sleep, so it's no big deal. I think it's a bigger deal for the folks who try to get by on only 6 hours a night.

But at the end of the day do whatever makes you happy. My gas and electric savings are negligible compared to what we need to save on a planetary level, so I get the warm fuzzies about doing my part without the smug satisfaction of thinking I'm making a difference 😝 And, yes, I'm only typing all of this because it's 7:16 and my body is still wired because of the time change!
  • nottenst
    697 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The question is why doesn't the time in Settings reflect local time of your device? This just confuses players. The time in Raid settings explicitly says local time.

I don't care that I need to make a change to get to the payout time I want, I just wish the game would reflect what the local time of my device is.
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Mine resets in 36 days does it reset to 2 or 1?
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    K331 wrote: »
    Mine resets in 36 days does it reset to 2 or 1?

Not 100% sure, but the clock starts from the time you make the first change and you have 365 before it resets at which point it will go back to 2 regardless of whether you have used 1 or 2 of your changes.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    The question is why doesn't the time in Settings reflect local time of your device? This just confuses players. The time in Raid settings explicitly says local time.

I don't care that I need to make a change to get to the payout time I want, I just wish the game would reflect what the local time of my device is.

This is what confuses me. I wanted to change my reset time, but it was giving me a payout time that was not the same as it used to be.
  • Options
    So it's just easier to have one constant clock and allow two changes per year.

I think "Easier" would be to allow several changes a year for when someone screws up the change they allow after the DLS switch.

This limit of two is LAME.

And I did mine correctly, but I know some that didn't so now they are worse off than ever.
  • Options
    I don't know. I like Daylight Saving since it shifts the active part of my day to when the sun is out, so I walk more and leave the lights off in the house because I don't need them. Saves me gas and cuts on my electric bill. The first week is a little obnoxious because my body has to get used to waking up at what the clock says is 6:00am but it thinks is still 5:00am, but it gets sorted out quickly.

I wish we'd just go on DLS & stay there.
    I hate waking up to light pouring in the windows at 330am in the summer.
    I'd like to kick back all the clocks so the sun isn't up before 5AM, lol.
  • nottenst
    697 posts Member
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »

It looks like it takes the better part of day for the game to catch up. It seems to have just changed to reflect the right local time.
  • Options
    Do time settings effect energy collection? I just don’t want to stay up another hour just to collect
  • Options
    Do time settings effect energy collection? I just don’t want to stay up another hour just to collect

Yes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Obog
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I just tried to change mine from 12am reset to 10pm reset. When I reloaded my app, it showed 11pm reset... Rip. Will it correct itself cuz I’m sure it was pushed cuz of DLS, but I waited for the change to go from 11pm to 12am before I changed it down to 10pm.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Obog wrote: »
    I just tried to change mine from 12am reset to 10pm reset. When I reloaded my app, it showed 11pm reset... Rip. Will it correct itself cuz I’m sure it was pushed cuz of DLS, but I waited for the change to go from 11pm to 12am before I changed it down to 10pm.

Hmm. I'm not sure. I did mine at 7:30 (game time) and set it back to 6:00hoping I'd get double payouts (you laugh, but it happened last year--looks like they fixed that!). I just checked my settings and it's still correct.

If it helps, the dropdown menu that you select from is when your day starts. That's probably not what's tripping you up, though, it's pretty obvious.

Give it a day, see what happens in the morning. A lot of ui things fix themselves when you reload after a few hours.