Have you noticed?

Nerfherder17
2094 posts Member
edited March 2016
That the competition Within the hour of arena payout has become absurd?
I ranked 4th at payout and woke up today at 63. No big deal. I worked my way back up to 12th at about 2pm. 6pm rolls around and I'm 36th. I win a fight and go to 28th, then 22nd. I'm waiting for my cooldown to fight again and I'm back in 36th!!?
I fight up to 23rd this time with one battle left. I wait for cooldown. Back to 39th? What? I'm getting battled 2 or 3 times in the span of 7 minutes?

The way this used to work was, an hour before payouts I was sitting at 15-20 and made my run. Maybe I spend a refresh, but I've never seen it so ruthless. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• Options
    Stop testing your 5* Ewok squad in Arena :D no, honestly, my friend was #1 and woke up at 51. Several new players in Top 50 here - and a lot of server merges we don´t know about (officially). Within the last 2 weeks i had to refresh for 50 crystals and do 2-3 more PvP fights daily. Now it seems like everyone has found his spot. Maybe not and it is just because of Easter holidays, but it is quite calm now.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    I just don't understand why I keep dropping!?!?!?

2qsynn8.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Do not use Fisto - Dark Side smells him and finds you
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Apparently this thread is closed
    *edit* doesnt matter... Must have been a visual
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Kelthuzad wrote: »

What have you got against Fish-to?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Force Lightnings and Demoralizing Blows :D

• Options
    improve your defense on arena, is as important almost as much as offense, if not more.
    you can fight only 5 times in offense, defense fights are much more than 5.
  • Options
    Kelthuzad wrote: »

Lmao!

• wettshoes1
    271 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    improve your defense on arena, is as important almost as much as offense, if not more.
    you can fight only 5 times in offense, defense fights are much more than 5.

There's no such thing as good defense in the arena - any good offensive team can take any other team lol

There is however the psychological "fear" factor. Used to be that ppl feared Poe, now I think its the Rey/RG combo. Some fear Daka because you never know when she may Rez a few ppl at once and then you are up a creek lol.

But overall all teams are quite beatable with a decent squad and solid strategy
  • Options
    No matter how you build your team, you will always lose on defense. The key is to build up a team that other people do not feel like attacking. Ask yourself one question, if you were another player, looking at your squad and other people's squads, who would you attack and why? Try to make your squad look difficult to tackle.