Only ONE Legend in a lifetime as a f2p.

Prev1
Not sure if f2p people realize....but you probably be able to unlock ONLY ONE galactic legend in your entire swgoh career. Why is that?

You need almost 2k of carbonite circuit board!! I have currently 14 G13's (which is not an astounding result). From now on I focused on Galactic Legends.

You need above 2k of carbonite circuit board to unlock and improve GL to r7. This is right now almost my entire stack of low gear (3 years of playing). And I really tried to improve to g13 only the most required toons.

So if you do not want to spend tons of cash...better choose wisely, cause next try is like in 2 years hehe. This is something you can not farm efficiently like other gear.

May the force be with us all.

Replies

• Options
    Circuit boards and bronzium wirings will eventually become another crunch, for sure, but it's not too likely that a 3+ years account runs out of them just by preparing for one GL.

• Options
    There are already a handful of other ways to obtain those materials (shipments, Assault Battle challenge tiers), and as with everything else that was once new in this game, you can expect those options to increase over time. So don't despair!
  • Options
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Not sure if f2p people realize....but you probably be able to unlock ONLY ONE galactic legend in your entire swgoh career. Why is that?

You need almost 2k of carbonite circuit board!! I have currently 14 G13's (which is not an astounding result). From now on I focused on Galactic Legends.

You need above 2k of carbonite circuit board to unlock and improve GL to r7. This is right now almost my entire stack of low gear (3 years of playing). And I really tried to improve to g13 only the most required toons.

So if you do not want to spend tons of cash...better choose wisely, cause next try is like in 2 years hehe. This is something you can not farm efficiently like other gear.

May the force be with us all.

I just added 900 carbonite circuit board to the 1100 I already had, and didn't take any gear pile below 200.

Of all the farming anxieties surrounding the GL toons, I'm surprised you've highlighted this one.
  • Options
    Oh - and QoL for anyone who wasn't aware... a long press on a gear piece in the scavenger screen gives you an adjustable slider so you can trade in 1000s of them at once.
  • Options
    The easiest way is to check for yourself. You can always clear it - don't have to convert it . I just did - right now, after those 14 g13 I can have 2279 circuit boards, by leaving only 100 on EVERY gear.

You can "hope" you'll have enough, but even better is to just calculate :). Go check for yourself and maybe post your score and how long have you been playing.
    I have 1250 stashed of both (what I need for Kylo). I can convert another 4.5k if I drain them all.

Didn't buy any other wirings or circuit boards. That's why I say at 3+ years you should have more than that unless you skipped refreshing normal energy 3 times and/or didn't regularly open bronzium packs.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have 1250 stashed of both (what I need for Kylo). I can convert another 4.5k if I drain them all.
    Didn't buy any other wirings or circuit boards. That's why I say at 3+ years you should have more than that unless you skipped refreshing normal energy 3 times and/or didn't regularly open bronzium packs.
    I stated in the begginnig that it concerns f2p people. Have nothing against paying customers just to be clear.
    I understand your concern and agree that scrap materials can run out very soon.

My stats are obviously not f2p, however, if you don't buy any of the relic packs and refresh only 3x50 crystals on normal nodes, what many F2P can afford, the gear stash you have for lower tier relic crafts should be at a similar scale. As I said, cashing in bronzium packs goes a long way in building your inventory of materials to break down.

Once again, I don't doubt the crunch will occur to anyone, but I suppose you'll build some of it right back up by the second GL. At this point, for a 3+ years F2p account gear should be a bigger gate than bronzium wirings. At the next similar event probably not.
  • Options
    I just added 900 carbonite circuit board to the 1100 I already had, and didn't take any gear pile below 200.

Of all the farming anxieties surrounding the GL toons, I'm surprised you've highlighted this one.

@DarjeloSalas

Hmm and right now, you have 2000, only for one GL, and that 200 of every gear will hardly give you 500 circuit boards. And you have zero gear which you have farmed for 3 years.

I'm surprised that doesn't scare you a little (edited :))

Doesn't scare me at all - I don't need 2000 as I've already done a fair bit of the relic levels on both sides.

And I don't have zero gear. I told you, I kept all piles at 200 minimum.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm completely f2p, not really worried about the circuit boards yet..
    image0.png
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    As you can see the slider isn't that far down yet. Also, i've got 2m AP..
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Early game f2p

ayfnmt6ocq63.png
    1t2doaym33on.png

But I'm not contesting your reasoning, I see transistors becoming a problem on the horizon. It's amusing haat is gonna become important.

7ipzuxq6k34l.png

• Options
    Thanks for mentioning this Sarbitar!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, rest of the bunch without touching precious gear is another 3k+. I can afford a few more GLs, if only I was capable of just popping out 12 relic toons on demand (besides farming shards for the new ones)
    avhdz4z7tvhz.png
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    @MaruMaru

Transistors are more "friendly" cause you can create gear for 300 which is more efficient in my opinion. I'm using this:

x4imn1jb8e5i.png

There's no 300 in carbonite. This gear is depleted the fastest in my opinion, and it'll be a bottleneck in the long run.

Funny enough, I can't pop that gear until CG introduces gear crafting without needing toons. I have everything geared to 7-8. My current circuit stock is enough for roughly 40 more relic toons...which I doubt I'll get before quitting.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I'm not here to convince anyone - just wanted to give numbers that's all.

If reducing your gear pile to 1/5 (will wary of course :) ) of its original value for one GL reqs doesn't worry anyone that's cool :).

Still just imagine the amount of time that gear was farmed to unlock one toon.

Do you really think you can farm the gear to earn 2k boards in one year??

Let me put it this way, i'm more worried i can't keep up with the amount of g13 i need than i'm about running out of circuit boards.
    You've got 14 g13 total and 1 Galactic Legend requires 12 of those darn g13 characters. I haven't seen your roster, but lets say 6 out of your 14 g13's are required for GLs, you still need to upgrade 18(!) characters to g13. That's more than you've currently got in total just for these 2 GLs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We are already seeing the converted materials showing up as rewards for events, this will only increase as time goes on.

That being said, yes at least part of the goal of this new type of system was to start using up the stock piles of gear we have.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    F2P for 4 years and 3 months here. I have about 1400 circuit boards saved up, and if I bled myself dry I could come up with about 5900 more.

However, it will be a problem eventually. We are burning through it drastically faster than we get it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Also worth noting is that you can buy 100 circuit boards for 500 crystals. Not exactly cheap, but considering you only need 200 total for r7 running out of circuit boards isn't exactly the end of the world.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Also worth noting is that you can buy 100 circuit boards for 500 crystals. Not exactly cheap, but considering you only need 200 total for r7 running out of circuit boards isn't exactly the end of the world.
    That’s what I’ve been doing

It’s cheap and not that egregious. I find bronzing wiring the most difficult crunch
  • Options
    Honestly, this is the least of my worries. The R6 and R7 balance between scrapping G12+ gear and relic material is a much more of a worrisome crunch for me. Not to mention the materials required to get from G12 to G13. Obviously once the low level gear is gone(it's gonna be a long while for me; been playing since near launch), I'll just have to farm some crap gear every now and then. Low level gear drops are ridiculously high and the exchange rate for circuit boards for instance aren't too bad. You'll just be adding some extra pieces to your normal farm.
  • Katsapliakos
    336 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    First of all as f2p with only playing like 1,5 year i have made allready few reliced characters,its doable,even for me who complain a lot.

Having said that,i dont care about those two,i am not reliccing heroes i dont like or enjoy.
  • Options
    Until I see the kits I am not planning on either, so no worries