The 3/24 Update Discussion Thread - Please Comment Here!

Replies

• Options
    Ahhh thanks guys! That makes sense.
    Tekken 7
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Meh, its all mostly pointless. None of it is real playable content so who cares.........
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @JohnnySteelAlpha - What are your thoughts on Magmatrooper? Probably worth farming? Especially for a guy sitting on 45,000 tokens? :)

:) 45k oh lord! Wow. Master hoarder. well, I've always been a big tanky / aoe guy - Magma fits that bill nicely. He looks really good to me. I had him at just 3* before this, but having used those guys a lot and looking at his skills, he should be quite good to attack with.

Yeah I do hoard but it's basically because nothing in there really interests me much, and since I will not buy credits for crystals I already have a backlog of chars that need leveling anyway.
    (I'd have like 55k if not for Vader in the shard shop..)
    I like tanky chars too and his special looks nifty so why not.
    Thanks.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    I cant say Im excited for magmatrooper, his slow speed makes his TM reduction mostly useless early in the battle and his basic attack is one of the games weakest. He's not a must farm for me, yet anyway

Use a Dooku leader - Magma is a huge tank - he won't die often. He will hit. Add RG. WHERE'S THE BEEF!!! :)
  • Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    Always after I've finished the fight before loading the rewards. The game just restarts/updates. There goes my Old Daka shard.

I swear if this happens during my last fight of the GW I'll delete this game.

Happened to me during GW, no biggie just took the same actions for the same result.

Incidentally it was node 8 and I got a character shard, never seen one at node 8, wonder if they forgot to mention tweaks to GW rewards
    Roger roger
  • Options
    Still no Rex fix?!?!?!???
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse
    Lol. Some no name tusken for $200? I'll pass. What a complete and total waste of aurodium. I'm actually shocked that this was allowed to go live.

He should've gone to arena shipments. I had the money all ready to drop on the next aurodium pack, but I can't even begin to fathom dropping that kind of cash on this toon. It's like offering JC for $200.

heal + offense up is pretty darned good...I assume you're talking because he's not a big name hero

That's a large part of it. $200 is nothing to sneeze at, and I have zero problem dropping that to get a single toon to 7* if that toon is worth it. Part of how I judge the value of that toon is who it is. This is the first no name toon that is absolutely going to be chromium exclusive (barring the weird MT transition period).

As things stand it's easy to get offense up and I'm skeptical that he'll be a better healer than lumi. Arena hasn't seen a new toon since launch. I'm absolutely floored that they'd choose to introduce some random tusken as their new exclusive consider that as well as the fact that they have such a plethora of awesome iconic characters to choose from.

I'd be wholly surprised if the sales from this toon come remotely close to matching Rex; who is an iconic character.

I know it's not the same thing since you mentioned shaman being chromium only but arguably one of the most powerful characters in the game was a generic genosian so it seems not to matter haha

I'm not making this argument based on a personal opinion of how powerful a toon should be based on lore. GS is one of the easiest toons to 7* as f2p and I have no problem with that.

What I don't understand is this decision from a marketing standpoint. I guarantee you I'm not the only one who was ready to pull the trigger on the next pack but instead I'm sitting here laughing because I just don't find a random no name toon to be worth spending $200 to 7*. There's no doubt in my mind iconic characters sell better.

You might be correct, but when I saw him I had to have him - he looks really cool. Plus heal and O up combined is a great skill to have in one shot. I also have had a maxed Tusken Raider, so geting UR and TS shards in one is appealing. Also, for PVE - nice Dark side healing option.
  • Options
    Has anyone tested the Sid heal change? That's actually pretty big if AA can dispel that now.
  • Options

+1
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Nope. The two things I was looking forward to the most didn't happen. 1) cool new toon in aurodium 2) Rex fix.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    I m FTP player and I really want that TS but 200$ its a ripp off
    It will be available in one of the shipments,problably cantina in the future,so i rather wait
    Also i m doing my resistence pilot then that magma guy,ha
    Lol
    but everyone with they're own opinions
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone tested the Sid heal change? That's actually pretty big if AA can dispel that now.

I'll be testing it tomorrow in GW / Arena... I'm all tapped out for the day :)
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    Just finished Gw ,no change noticed,lol
  • Options
    TS is NOT $200. One has to have spent that much on other packs or crystals to unlock the ability to get data cards containing him. Huge difference. Your already got the benefit of whatever you spent your money on.
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that the LS/DS level 8 nodes were uploaded? You can now see the requirements as opposed to "coming soon". Guess the level cap is raising sooner than later
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse
    Lol. Some no name tusken for $200? I'll pass. What a complete and total waste of aurodium. I'm actually shocked that this was allowed to go live.

He should've gone to arena shipments. I had the money all ready to drop on the next aurodium pack, but I can't even begin to fathom dropping that kind of cash on this toon. It's like offering JC for $200.

Is it though, JC is amazing in GW. I would say Barriss>JC>Lumi>the rest in some order.
  • Options
    I'm just mad because I have the crystals to finish Rex from 6*
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    FlyPhish wrote: »
    TS is NOT $200. One has to have spent that much on other packs or crystals to unlock the ability to get data cards containing him. Huge difference. Your already got the benefit of whatever you spent your money on.

It costs an average of $200 to 7* a toon through aurodium. Could be more, could be less, depending on drops.
  • Options

Nope. The two things I was looking forward to the most didn't happen. 1) cool new toon in aurodium 2) Rex fix.

I dont get it, they said they were working on a fix in the rex thread...now nothing! Hes not nearly as good as he should be right now, the fix will make the difference between him actually being useable in arena or not.
  • Options
    FlyPhish wrote: »

It costs an average of $200 to 7* a toon through aurodium. Could be more, could be less, depending on drops.

Its more around $250 depending on luck, but tusken unlocks at 3* not 4* like rex did so he'll take even more packs to get to 7*
  • Options

I plan to test tomorrow in GW. Hope it works! This is my favorite part of the update!

• Options
    Love magma trooper I'm GW!! Dumping my stored GW credits in him!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    I have to agree with @Telaan

They are offering very little value for the $200 bucks u shell out to get a 7* no name toon

if they released Anakin Irodium

I would buy and 7* him immediately
  • Options
    I need to find my receipts cuz I'm sure I spent more the 200 on this game so far
  • Options
    But it's not open for me to buy
  • Options

SpeedWeed wrote: »
    I have to agree with @Telaan

They are offering very little value for the $200 bucks u shell out to get a 7* no name toon

if they released Anakin Irodium

I would buy and 7* him immediately

Anakin Irodium would require $500 of purchases. ;-)

Nefferion wrote: »
    I need to find my receipts cuz I'm sure I spent more the 200 on this game so far

You're not missing anything.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Glad they moved Magma trooper to GW, as it is a joke to have a 1* chromium only toon in the game
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Got the Shaman on my third pull. :smiley:

That just sounds dirty. Lol
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    Options
    Hey dont know if u noticed as it wasnt stated in the release notes but magma trooper is now there for everybody to get. Does anybody know if he is viable. Even if not he is currently the coolest option in gw shipments so i guess i go for him next.
  • Options
    Well spotted (was that announced anywhere) and i'm just about to finish poggle today, what perfect timing, but no idea if hes any good i'm afraid.