Jedi Knight Anakin Drop Rate

Prev1
I started to record the daily drop rate when I began to actively farm him with 196 frags left to go.

Unusually I have nothing to complain about 😉....

196 frags took 594 attempts so 33% drop rate.

Definitely picked up when I started using the cantina energy for frags though.

Replies

• TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Frags? Shards.

Anyway, it's 33% from all sources. Thanks for confirming.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Frags? Shards.

In Portuguese, we call it frags. OP may be ESL.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    nice to see the drop rate confirmed by data. again, I mean
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    Frags? Shards.

In Portuguese, we call it frags. OP may be ESL.

Huh, thanks for the info.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    It must be nerfed! Your samples are wrong, my experience is it's getting nerfed by %0.1 everyday.
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Where was the data?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Where was the data?

In the OP.
  • Options
    I’ve kept note of all mine since I had some things to farm again:

RH Finn: 60/180 (33%)
    Hux: 113/330 (34%)
    FOSiT: 122/330 (37%)
    YWing: 142/470 (30%)

YWing drop rates nerfed fo’ sho!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Redboi drop rate buffed to compensate, though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options

How far along are you with the 3 toons?
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options

Where was the data?

In the OP.

So since the answer is around the norm it is accepted as data but if I say it is less people will say prove it with data. Quite funny.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Where was the data?

In the OP.

So since the answer is around the norm it is accepted as data but if I say it is less people will say prove it with data. Quite funny.

Well, have your posts ever included a line like the following:
    X frags took Y attempts so A% drop rate.
    ?

Likewise could you break down the data by day: e.g, day 1: 5 attempts, 1 shard, day 2: 5 attempts, 0 shards, etc.
    If you can't provide both of those, then no, you haven't really tracked your data to a point where it can be believed.

So, feel free to query the OP for his day-to-day break down if you want to better verify his data.
  • Options

Where was the data?

In the OP.

I do not remember a single thread whining about low drop rates where the OP claimed to track an even remotely significant amount of data and presented that data.

This OP said data was tracked and gave an exact number, not a "definitely 3 refreshes per day" or a "felt low" or any other non-exact term.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    I was just wondering why people were trusting the info. Guess we are just trusting in here.
  • Options
    I was just wondering why people were trusting the info. Guess we are just trusting in here.

not really much reason to question OP. If someone came in and claimed a large variance from the expected drop rate (imo somewhere outside of 25-40%) with data (not feels), then I would question the validity of said data, and ask some questions similar to Fanatic above. When someone comes in and says "look, my data is what you expected", then there isn't really much to question.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

not really much reason to question OP. If someone came in and claimed a large variance from the expected drop rate (imo somewhere outside of 25-40%) with data (not feels), then I would question the validity of said data, and ask some questions similar to Fanatic above. When someone comes in and says "look, my data is what you expected", then there isn't really much to question.

Exactly.

If they claimed 10% or 60% I'd absolutely question it.

33% is right in line with all the other actual tracked data.

• LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    My question was how would we check it? Video? Anyone can make a spreadsheet and put bogus numbers in it.
  • Options
    My question was how would we check it? Video? Anyone can make a spreadsheet and put bogus numbers in it.

If one is willing to go through the effort to make a fake tracking spreadsheet, with made up data, more power to them. I don't know why anyone would care about a conspiracy theory so much to do that, but whatever.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

If one is willing to go through the effort to make a fake tracking spreadsheet, with made up data, more power to them. I don't know why anyone would care about a conspiracy theory so much to do that, but whatever.

Maybe you would understand if you were a YouTuber that needed conspiracy theories to give you things to talk about
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, you guys must be new because anytime someone says something about bad rates people blast them for not showing proof and say that the % hasn’t been changed.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, you guys must be new because anytime someone says something about bad rates people blast them for not showing proof and say that the % hasn’t been changed.

Anecdotal evidence. I don't believe you.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

How far along are you with the 3 toons?

4fzz2a6cyou5.jpeg
  • Options

Yeah, when you present no data and claim things are different than what the data says, you get asked to prove your findings with data. I seriously do not remember a single time someone had concrete data regarding drop rates that didn't fall somewhere close to the expected rate.
  • Options
    You should do some forum searching.

The people that get blasted say things like “2 refreshes most days” or “around 5 months” or “like so many 0/5”. They don’t post data, they post chip-on-the-shoulder whining about something they haven’t been paying close attention to.

The OP has posted actual numbers. These are believable. Whether or not they are verifiable is up for debate, but they are vastly more credible than the vague stuff that the conspiracy theorists post.

And this sums it up for me. The devs have said the drop rates have never been altered. Every single credible data gathering exercise points to them never being altered. But still there are forum users who are happy to instantly dismiss all of that evidence but then instantly believe a guy that says they’ve “never had worse drop rates than Shaak Ti”. Some people just believe the things they’ve already made up their mind about.
  • Options
    You should do some forum searching.

The people that get blasted say things like “2 refreshes most days” or “around 5 months” or “like so many 0/5”. They don’t post data, they post chip-on-the-shoulder whining about something they haven’t been paying close attention to.

The OP has posted actual numbers. These are believable. Whether or not they are verifiable is up for debate, but they are vastly more credible than the vague stuff that the conspiracy theorists post.

And this sums it up for me. The devs have said the drop rates have never been altered. Every single credible data gathering exercise points to them never being altered. But still there are forum users who are happy to instantly dismiss all of that evidence but then instantly believe a guy that says they’ve “never had worse drop rates than Shaak Ti”. Some people just believe the things they’ve already made up their mind about.

@DarjeloSalas I agree completely but then I think back to the nightmares of farming mission vao! I know it was all in my head but I swear that farm had the worst drop rates ever! it's all because I didn't want to do it but was forced to for jkr but to this day I still think back on that farm like it was the longest ever lol *chip on the shoulder whining*
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    The truth is all data presented ever could have been altered. Each single one of those people may have been in some grand scheme to make you believe on a certain droprate. Maybe they are just a few people CG hired.

That leaves you with the possibility to either develop unsubstantiated beliefs or just track your own data. It will take you quite a long time to reach statistically significant amount of samples, but won't take that long to see the whereabout of the droprates and be convinced yourself.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    The truth is all data presented ever could have been altered. Each single one of those people may have been in some grand scheme to make you believe on a certain droprate. Maybe they are just a few people CG hired.

Conspiracy theories are fun!
  • Options
    Even if somebody took the time to fake a ton of data to “prove” drop rates change, that dataset would still be an outlier since there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of users that have shown the drop rates to average 33%. Outliers are to be questioned as they fall so far outside the norm.

If I had 1000 quarters and flipped them all 1000 times, you’d expect 500 tails and 500 heads on each one. But if 2 of those 1000 came up 900 heads and 100 tails, you’d definitely have a look at the quarters to see if they’re tampered with or just plain fake.