Why does home one target stealthed opponents?

I run Geonosians in ship arena. Still a very useful team, can maintain around rank 20 on my server.
I am usually up against home one with ****, hounds tooth and ghost.
What strikes me is that every time home one does his first turn my spy is targeted, even though it is stealthed and sun fac is not.
Anyone know how this works? I can't find anything in home one's skill descriptions that explains it.

Replies

• Options
    If you're starting him, why would he be stealthed? He doesn't stealth until he takes damage. Turn order is generally going to be HMF, Home One, Ghost if all crew are geared relatively the same, so Home One should go before any damage has been dealt.

There might be a visual issue where the ship appears stealthed but isn't. Check for the presence of the stealth buff to know for sure.
  • Options
    Hmm that may be correct about the stealthed thingy. Doesnt however explain why he is always targeted and never soldier or sun fac. Anyone know what's behind that?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hyrakles wrote: »
    Hmm that may be correct about the stealthed thingy. Doesnt however explain why he is always targeted and never soldier or sun fac. Anyone know what's behind that?

The AI has a set of characteristics they use to target (if they are not coded to look for a specific target). They will very rarely switch targets from time to time, but that's about it, they will target those stats.
  • Options
    Ok tx!
  • Darth_DeVito
    1234 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I think in many cases the AI simply targets the ship at the front / in the middle of your formation. Which is the last / bottom left ship of your initial 3 on the selection screen.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    I think in many cases the AI simply targets the ship at the front / in the middle of your formation. Which is the last / bottom left ship of your initial 3 on the selection screen.

Have never seen any evidence of this being part of the AI.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH