GL Kylo Ren

Prev13
LordDirt
5010 posts Member
So after reading Reys kit and the small info on Kylo Ren’s, I am very worried about Kylo Ren’s kit. I was hopeful that since they are both GLs and they are a dyad that they would be similar in usefulness but what little info we have now makes me wonder now great he will be.

Anyone else going for him feel the same? Too early to get worried about the choice to go after him first?

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Too early. Until we see them in use, vs. eachother and in many scenarios everything is basically guesswork (educated or not)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Too early. Until we see them in use, vs. eachother and in many scenarios everything is basically guesswork (educated or not)

So we won't know till it's too late :p
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    I believe the new meta will be Three Kylos, Trooper and Thrawn(turn meter swap to speed ultimate)

Could be wrong but I’m guessing they released Reys first cause Kylos will be better.

Im also bias cause I’m all in on Kylo, just trooper and Hux to 7* and I’m done....

Gearing GLK will suck I’m sure but I’m sitting on 450 zeta mats so the 6 zetas won’t be an issue.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

So we won't know till it's too late :p

Kinda yes. You are either fully hoarding to decide or already in too deep to turn the ship around. I went trigger happy. The hoarders lose nothing for it though, there's no too late to this. With a large enough hoard you can do one or the other or do neither once it's upon us.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Foxer wrote: »

Could be wrong but I’m guessing they released Reys first cause Kylos will be better.

Still think that?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    I believe the new meta will be Three Kylos, Trooper and Thrawn(turn meter swap to speed ultimate)

Im also bias cause I’m all in on Kylo, just trooper and Hux to 7* and I’m done....

Gearing GLK will suck I’m sure but I’m sitting on 450 zeta mats so the 6 zetas won’t be an issue.

Nah because kylo won’t be taunting with damage immunity.
  • LordDirt
    5010 posts Member
    Options
    Well, they just released his kit and I was right. Not as good. 😭
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    My statement stays the same as well. I've seen too many of these blanket talks before people saw they handle on kit guesswork.
  • LordDirt
    5010 posts Member
    Options
    You read it?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah?
  • LordDirt
    5010 posts Member
    Options
    What was impressive? How is it in anyway as strong as Reys? Why does he punish his own allies?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    What was impressive? How is it in anyway as strong as Reys? Why does he punish his own allies?

Reskinned Grevious.

Reskinned Traya
  • Options
    Rey looks stronger for PVP, Kylo is going to be a PvE monster though...

(I’m already playing around with the idea of KRU lead, SLK, Wat, Thrawn FOX being able to auto the STR...)
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Rey looks stronger for PVP, Kylo is going to be a PvE monster though...

(I’m already playing around with the idea of KRU lead, SLK, Wat, Thrawn FOX being able to auto the STR...)
    Rey gives stacking mastery to her allies, so the longer the battle goes, the stronger everyone else becomes. Plus her synergies includes other team wide toons like C3PO, R2 and the like
  • Options
    So after reading Reys kit and the small info on Kylo Ren’s, I am very worried about Kylo Ren’s kit. I was hopeful that since they are both GLs and they are a dyad that they would be similar in usefulness but what little info we have now makes me wonder now great he will be.

Anyone else going for him feel the same? Too early to get worried about the choice to go after him first?

"little info" lol they released the full kits what do you mean haha clown
  • LordDirt
    5010 posts Member
    Options
    I posted it before the kit release. Guess you are the clown.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Both look monstrous to me. Can't say I fully understood the kits, what team is the designated team that forms around them and how their matches will play out. I can make guesses which is dandy and all, but rather useless compared to what we will know in a few weeks. I would be surprised if both of them doesn't trample the current arena metas.

Here's a few things we have no idea about and CG fully knows:
    - The stats
    - Reworks and possible other toons that may accompany them. These future toons may be ones like Malak is to DR.
    - Intended area of strength for each. Read closeby new raid.
  • Options
    Well for someone about to unlock both once events go live, put both of these on defense in GAC front row top and bottom, good luck for someone to clear unless they have GL squads themselves.
  • Options
    Well, that's what I expected from GL Kylo Ren.

He builds up, and unleash on a target to REDUCE his/her stats, into negative mastery stats. And he have a powerful stun just like KRU. So you can stun three potential targets with the three Kylos.

Speed seems to be important, as you don't want to spam those TM boosting moves.

I'm happy that I chose this path. Time will say how good those characters will be.
  • Options
    Polinski08 wrote: »
    Well for someone about to unlock both once events go live, put both of these on defense in GAC front row top and bottom, good luck for someone to clear unless they have GL squads themselves.

If you are able to unlock both events expect your go to be so spiked that your opponent will also have them unlocked
  • Options

You wil not able to pass for both of your oponent too. Simple.
  • Options
    One thing that everyone forgets is speed. What if Kylo has 400 speed? That changes how crazy the team will be if he can double stun someone at the start before the other team goes!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    One thing that everyone forgets is speed. What if Kylo has 400 speed? That changes how crazy the team will be if he can double stun someone at the start before the other team goes!

Put him on a team with han solo
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options

No one forgets speed.
  • Culegatorul
    178 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I don't mind the fact that Rey may be better in pvp,if Kylo is better in pve or the other way around,thing is the Kylo kit still leave some unanswered questions(altleast for me).How does Siphon abilitywork in pve,can he build stats over the course of the battle,i remember an ability states that he will get some mastery(thats unclear),because if those abilitys will not work in raid he will not be that impresive at all(and something tells me it would't work).
    Siphon: This unit will gain 1% of a stat per stack and the target will lose the amount gained.
    I'm not thinking that the boss will loose the stat but i sure hope kylo will get a certain stat value.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    I don't mind the fact that Rey may be better in pvp,if Kylo is better in pve or the other way around,thing is the Kylo kit still leave some unanswered questions(altleast for me).How does Siphon abilitywork in pve,can he build stats over the course of the battle,i remember an ability states that he will get some mastery(thats unclear),because if those abilitys will not work in raid he will not be that impresive at all(and something tells me it would't work).
    Siphon: This unit will gain 1% of a stat per stack and the target will lose the amount gained.
    I'm not thinking that the boss will loose the stat but i sure hope kylo will get a certain stat value.

Answered in the dev insight.
    He'll gain mastery based upon his own and reduce mastery from the enemy based upon his own. Raid Bosses mastery won't be reduced but kylo will get mastery anyway.
  • Options
    I also have a feeling with mastery if Rey blows up anyone on FO that isn’t Sith Trooper he could AOE damage the entire team which would be pretty sick his mastery stats will be boosted super crazy
  • Options
    dalosto147 wrote: »

You wil not able to pass for both of your oponent too. Simple.

True, it is very possible. I have been checking every opponent in GAC, TW and my arena/fleet, I havent crossed anyone who is 13/13 ready for both yet.

I might not get GAC block but good luck in TW then.