But do you remember Snoke?

13Next

Replies

• Teg
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Boo, I agree with a lot of your points. I try enjoy the ST, it’s part of the game. I really have to turn off my brain to get even little enjoyment. Once you see the flaws you can’t go back and unsee them (hence some people might say toxic?).

With the movies being what they are... for better or worse I wish they would put more thought into the game. The CLS journey, even Reys legendary journey sequence made sense. They were fun. Some of the cut scenes almost made me emotional (ol Ben w/cls).

But to make a final galactic legend character, and some of the pivotal requirements be generic characters when there are so many better options seems completely asinine. Leaving Rose in doesn’t bother me as much as the Resistance trooper and pilot. Snoke, love or hate him, seemed to play a much greater and important role whatever story they were trying to make.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Teg wrote: »
    Boo, I agree with a lot of your points. I try enjoy the ST, it’s part of the game. I really have to turn off my brain to get even little enjoyment. Once you see the flaws you can’t go back and unsee them (hence some people might say toxic?).

With the movies being what they are... for better or worse I wish they would put more thought into the game. The CLS journey, even Reys legendary journey sequence made sense. They were fun. Some of the cut scenes almost made me emotional (ol Ben w/cls).

But to make a final galactic legend character, and some of the pivotal requirements be generic characters when there are so many better options seems completely asinine. Leaving Rose in doesn’t bother me as much as the Resistance trooper and pilot. Snoke, love or hate him, seemed to play a much greater and important role whatever story they were trying to make.

Absolutely! That's all I'm sayin too.
  • Tazzz
    62 posts Member
    Options

Snoke had much bigger plans... but then Disney came along (WARNING: 8 paragraph Disney rant ahead).

After finishing the 7th Star Wars film (which was arguably one of the best Star Wars films ever), J. J. Abrams began writing the script for the 8th film. But then, Disney bought Star Wars and decided it would be a great idea to just fire J. J. Abrams and hire someone from Disney to redo the entire script. That someone was Rian Johnson, who obviously had no clue about anything in Star Wars.

Don't have time to read this whole thread, with the essays and nonsense in here, to see if this was addressed, but Disney bought Star Wars BEFORE the 7th movie. They hired JJ on FOR The Force Awakens. They planned to have 3 directors, one for each movie, from the start. You started that whole thing off of an incorrect statement.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Tazzz wrote: »

Snoke had much bigger plans... but then Disney came along (WARNING: 8 paragraph Disney rant ahead).

After finishing the 7th Star Wars film (which was arguably one of the best Star Wars films ever), J. J. Abrams began writing the script for the 8th film. But then, Disney bought Star Wars and decided it would be a great idea to just fire J. J. Abrams and hire someone from Disney to redo the entire script. That someone was Rian Johnson, who obviously had no clue about anything in Star Wars.

Don't have time to read this whole thread, with the essays and nonsense in here, to see if this was addressed, but Disney bought Star Wars BEFORE the 7th movie. They hired JJ on FOR The Force Awakens. They planned to have 3 directors, one for each movie, from the start. You started that whole thing off of an incorrect statement.

This is absolutely true, but nonetheless, JJ had written drafts from E8 and 9 as well. Johnson didn't bother with any of JJ's ideas for E8, which ended up having to change the ending of E7,because Johnson finished writing his E8 before the release of E7, which took Luke in a different direction.