Doku dodge leader ability

HBu3No
37 posts Member
edited March 2016
Ok, so as I'm battling through arena I fight yet another annoying doku leader team. So doku uses ability and stuns then Yoda uses especial and my royal guard taunts, so far so good, I attack yoda and he dodges, and it sort of frustrates me, but the assist hits and calms me, however it dealt enough damage to let his royal guard taunt. Then as I attack royal guard with all my team, he seems to just be dancing around! A total of 10 attacks and only 3 hit... I'm not one to complain with bad luck, but come on! If we were to do 9 attempts over and over again and record them there is a .00004% chance to see that occur again... Ok maybe it's just my bad luck out of 10,000 attempts 4 will have 7 dodges. BUT I'M SURE EVERYONE CAN RELATE!

Also, as I was writing this I attacked someone with another doku lead, everything was fine and as the opponent is down to 1 character, doku, I have 3 characters: IG-86, Poggle and Geonisian Soilder. GS uses his regular attack and doku falls to half health and he counters and gets a bonus attack while also getting 50% turn meter, since GS is at half health and doku has offense up he dies... Ok not to worry I still have two characters, well doku uses lighting to IG-86, stuns him and leaves him half health. Well I attack with poggle and he didn't do much, but doku countered with a bonus attack and killed poggle. Ok... Well doku is at red health I think I could do it right... Well doku uses his regular attack and leaves IG-86 at red. And I'm happy because I know IG-86 can surely defeat him... Wrong he dodged...

That last part was just to add on to Doku either being broken or just flat out OP, yeah sure you can kill him, but in my luck he always survives, counters and makes the whole match horrible from then on so I try to leave him in the end. I should not have my fingers crossed everytime I'm about to attack a doku lead team, ESPECIALLY when it's only 15% chance to dodge!
Post edited by HBu3No on

Replies

• Jooba
    61 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is the human mind can understand completely random elements such as the stuns and such of this game and say when something doesn't seem right. Computers can't, and PRNG are by definition not actual random number generators. The team at CG can only do what they can to make it as close to random as possible, but there is no way (at least, no cheap way) to create a system that generates truly random probabilities for every encounter.

I have had games where Sid dodged 8 times in a row, and I've had others where I've 2 shot him with QGJ crit and assist crit. In the amount of games I have played, I am happy when I see a dooku lead because over time, his leader ability is not going to amount to much, especially against maxed out characters that hit for 3k+ and 5k crit, killing entire characters in 2-4 hits. You just have been noticing the extremes, and I guarantee as you play more, you will see that it's not as bad as you're noticing now.
  • Options
    It's +15% on top of each toons natural dodge rate. Still, I agree that it seems a bit high since they supposedly "fixed" it.

There are other toons that give basically the same evasion boost but it doesn't seem to work nearly as well as Dooku's.
  • HBu3No
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Jooba wrote: »
    The problem is the human mind can understand completely random elements such as the stuns and such of this game and say when something doesn't seem right. Computers can't, and PRNG are by definition not actual random number generators. The team at CG can only do what they can to make it as close to random as possible, but there is no way (at least, no cheap way) to create a system that generates truly random probabilities for every encounter.

I have had games where Sid dodged 8 times in a row, and I've had others where I've 2 shot him with QGJ crit and assist crit. In the amount of games I have played, I am happy when I see a dooku lead because over time, his leader ability is not going to amount to much, especially against maxed out characters that hit for 3k+ and 5k crit, killing entire characters in 2-4 hits. You just have been noticing the extremes, and I guarantee as you play more, you will see that it's not as bad as you're noticing now.
    I don't agree that the computer can't generate random numbers. I have never coded an app, however i have a TI-84 where I've made a few programs in it and in order to generate a Radom probability I just let it chose random number from 1-100 and designate the number to a variable. If I want a 15% chance I would test that the variable has numbers from 1-15 and if it does it carries the action out, if not it continues with out the action. If you can't do it in an app, but you can do it in a calculator, it's just weird.
  • Options
    I like facing dooku leader teams. It's much better to have your attacks dodged instead to just sit there and have half your squad dead to these speed teams before you can even get a shot off.

• HBu3No
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you have a speed team they are still faster since most of them revolve around those same characters, there is no variety in this game, hopefully it changes in the next update