"Bragging Rights" Mode

I know the game is still in it's infancy, so I thought I'd throw out a suggestion:

Let us challenge players in a "Bragging Rights" mode. For starters, I'd say you start with people on your Ally list. If a player is online, let it be true PvP where you control your team and your opponent controls their team. If they are not online, just play their team in the AI's hands.

Thinking down the line this could be expanded where you can send out a challenge to any player via their ally code.

A great benefit to this would be to try different configurations, possibly use some of those characters that can possibly shine on the right team but we're too afraid to dump time and resources into them in case we're wrong. Plus think about those epic ewok team vs jawa team matchups!

Replies

• Options
    I endorse this idea.

Ewok team OP. Inb4 the nerf.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Sinbad wants some bragging rights! I'll be on my ally list all day destroying everyone :) and if I don't win.....I spend some more!
  • Options
    It would be great if it didnt cost any energy or crystals or anything, but also didnt reward anything either. Just a mosh pit for playing (maybe while you wait for energy to farm with).
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    It would be great if it didnt cost any energy or crystals or anything, but also didnt reward anything either. Just a mosh pit for playing (maybe while you wait for energy to farm with).

exactly my thought as well. Spend all this time leveling and gearing these characters, I want to be be able to use them more often. Not looking to get anything out of other than practice and a few laughs with the friends I've made through this game.
  • Options
    actually my opinion is a pvp online battle where you can bet crystals in there.1-10 not to many and a bit to make it more fun
  • Options
    Only problem with tying any sort of reward to true PvP is that it can be abused. Think of people with multiple accounts. That guy faces off his main account, trashes his second account. Ding! free crystals. #10001+ gets 15 crystals, daily login rewards, etc.. so no effort required to basically rob his dummy account.

So, I'm not crazy that our squads are controlled by the AI in Arena and the true test is outlasting/outsmarting the snipers, but the alternative does seem worse. Hence, why I would consider this live PvP as bragging rights only.