Improve my team stronger - Darth (Leader), Luminara, Jedi Con, Captian Pha, Old Daka, Savage Oppress

DMA
5 posts Member
edited March 2016
Now I have the following characters, but very hard to go rank 50 in Squad Arena.
Darth Sidious (Leader) 7* Lvl 70
Luminara Unduli 7* Lvl 70
Jedi Consular 7* Lvl 70
Captain Phasma 7* Lvl 70
Old Daka 6* Lvl 70
Savage Opress 5* Lvl 70

I am thinking to get IG-88, how can I upgrade or any suggest character to become stronger?
Post edited by DMA on

Replies

• Options
    Darth Head is OP
  • DMA
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Why is OP stand for? Many thanks
  • Options
    The current meta is speed. You are probably losing a member or two of your squad before you can move. New updates are coming in a week or two, so I would save your GW and arena tokens for now.

IG 88 needs synergies and offence up to make him powerful. I would not go that route unless you are expecting to pick up poggle or other droids.

• Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    OP = overpowered
    Looks like he just made a joke because of your topic subject or because you call the leader-position "head" ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • DMA
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Revised...many thanks
  • DMA
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Please kindly provide any comments, many thanks.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Since im not even Top 200 anymore, i m not in the position, to give advises, sorry.

Just some words to think about it:
    Darth Sidious as leader -> i look for these teams (in arena), they are the easierst to me.
    IG-88 ... when you want to add him, be sure, he is a bait on defense. most of the ppl will attack/kill him first, before he is able to move.
    Jedi Consular is great for light missions and good for galactic wars, but he is not really a typical arena-fighter.
    Phasma ... Phasma herself sux (imo), but her leader-ability rocks when you got luck. Also her 1-time-turn-meter-push helps alot. however she is slow, thats why most ppl dont use her on higher rankings.
    old daka ... imo your best char for arena use. double-stun-chance on basic and revive-chance on heal.
    Savage ... nice hp, nice unique ability, but low damage and slow (as long, as not attacked).

ATM: speed wins, your team (except sid) is pretty slow. However this might change soon.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    In a nutshell, your team is too slow and doesn't hit hard enough.
  • Options
    Your weakest link in JC. He needs to be replaced.
    Savage Opress is a pretty quick farm to get to 7* but his speed is slow, 117 at max gear 7*.

What other toons do you have that are half-geared or starred that might be in the running for the folks on the forum to consider when thinking about replacing JC?
  • Options
    What most players are doing is getting very fast glass cannons, so yeah you lose a few before your turn. What I have noticed is yeah glass cannons, if you can find a team that can out last that first assault you should have the upper hand. That is how I'm climbing, I got very tanky people.
  • DMA
    5 posts Member
    Options
    I am thinking of Dooku, now is 4* lvl 70. I will replace JC, do you agree?
  • Options
    DMA wrote: »
    I am thinking of Dooku, now is 4* lvl 70. I will replace JC, do you agree?

With what you have I think Dooku would be a good leader. Especially if you run across a team with 3 or 4 Jedi on it, Dooku plus Sid is hard task to overcome for Jedi because landing a shot on Sid is so hard.

JC is good for GW and Yoda but horrible for Arena. Also, with Daka in the picture you could drop Lumi for GS. GS calling in Daka for an assist can give you an extra stun, calling Dooku especially against QGJ is brutal, or even Savage isn't bad. You do need to get Savage up to 7-stars but I imagine you're working on that. Keep in mind the meta is about to change and nobody really knows how it's going to swing yet, but working on Savage is still probably a good thing and Dooku will still be good too.
  • Options
    Go for dmg not heal. At top 50 you'll find a lot of team without healer but with massive dmg. Phasma as lead is your best choice, remove JC, and find someone else instead of savage . I'll go for GS or QGJ and keep Lumi as she is fine before better because of her good dmg and heal over time. And Sidious is good against healers.
  • Options
    Woah, Dooku is far better than Lumi as lead. Daka is good because if people focus your other characters then Daka can just rez them. If you focus Daka your characters get to freely attack and there's no guarantee you'll even KO her because of Dooku's leader ability. Not to mention she has a good chance to stun.
  • Options
    My arena team has phasma as the lead.
    Phasma (lead)
    Old daka
    Sid
    Lumi
    Kylo (you can replace him with any good dps)

Keep jc away from the arena as he is not worth it, switch phasma into the leader role. And don't use savage oppress as he really only does good dmg while the enemy is low on health and you'll have to have good timing also (which ai doesn't)
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • DMA
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advise, but I don't have GS.