Justification for GL Requirements

Barik_Edo
200 posts Member
edited March 2020
In the January 29th content update, CG indicated that not all characters required for the GL would need relics. This changed in the February 12th content update where they noted,

"IMPORTANT NOTE: We mentioned in Update Notes on Galactic Legends that the requirements will vary and that not all characters will require relics. After doing an internal review, we have decided to change the overall requirements so that all characters will require Relics. None of the announced character requirements are changing."

I assumed that this had meant the difficulty was higher than expected and that each tier required specific characters, so they needed to bump up the gear requirements. We now know this isn't the case and that you can use any Resistance or FO characters for the event.

What was the "internal review" that justified the change in requirements? In hindsight, it seems unnecessary and unrelated to the event itself.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The intent of the requirements was to be the limiting factor that allows players to participate in the event. The internal review would then seem to be revolving around "the average investment" that needed to be made into rosters to achieve the goal of entry into the event.

There was a GP requirement on the toons to enter events, that are not true to necessity. This is a different way of doing the same thing.

This game is about resource management and development, this is just another hurdle placed on the path to guide people to do exactly that, develop their rosters.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The intent of the requirements was to be the limiting factor that allows players to participate in the event. The internal review would then seem to be revolving around "the average investment" that needed to be made into rosters to achieve the goal of entry into the event.

There was a GP requirement on the toons to enter events, that are not true to necessity. This is a different way of doing the same thing.

This game is about resource management and development, this is just another hurdle placed on the path to guide people to do exactly that, develop their rosters.

I understand that this is a game and resource management is a thing.

But the event so far has been beyond lack luster, if you require players to invest gear, levels, time, it should be worth it. “Play this event 3x” what? I’ve seen better work in the journey events and this has been hyped for months
  • Options
    Sooo what about the event not having set squads for each tier, similar to older events, AND characters not even required to unlock the event being used in the event? Looking at R2 and 3p0, I mean why weren't they required to g13 and relic as opposed to rose tico or RP? And using them.
  • Options
    The difference is that those toons with GP requirements are actually needed for the event. These are not.

And the argument of resource management doesn't haven't anything to do with the question asked.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »
    The difference is that those toons with GP requirements are actually needed for the event. These are not.

And the argument of resource management doesn't haven't anything to do with the question asked.

not all of them were required to be at the GP to complete the event, they needed to be at X to enter the event. It is similar here, the requirements are to enter the event, not complete it, this has always been a common theme with these types of requirements.

I'm not saying its justified or that I like it, but assumptions were made about why they were changed and that is all they were, assumptions. This is a new event, but the "theme" of the process is the same to what has been introduced before. Enter event = X and to complete the event (without being the one guy who gets a portrait) = Y, and to have it be "easy" = Z.

This is absolutely the first time we have had a toon required to enter the event but not be forced to be used, but that is not so different from having a toon that is required to be at X GP (or gear level) but could basically die in the first move and now my team is just 4 characters.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I agree it's weird to not have to use the chars, but if people had to use rose they'd be complaining about that too so...?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

not all of them were required to be at the GP to complete the event, they needed to be at X to enter the event. It is similar here, the requirements are to enter the event, not complete it, this has always been a common theme with these types of requirements.

I'm not saying its justified or that I like it, but assumptions were made about why they were changed and that is all they were, assumptions. This is a new event, but the "theme" of the process is the same to what has been introduced before. Enter event = X and to complete the event (without being the one guy who gets a portrait) = Y, and to have it be "easy" = Z.

This is absolutely the first time we have had a toon required to enter the event but not be forced to be used, but that is not so different from having a toon that is required to be at X GP (or gear level) but could basically die in the first move and now my team is just 4 characters.

My assumption on why the requirements were changed originally is far better than why it appears they were really changed.

Regardless, I believe it's a reasonable question to ask... if they aren't required for a specific tier in the event, what about this internal review showed that all characters required should be R3-R7 when initially they said otherwise?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

My assumption on why the requirements were changed originally is far better than why it appears they were really changed.

Regardless, I believe it's a reasonable question to ask... if they aren't required for a specific tier in the event, what about this internal review showed that all characters required should be R3-R7 when initially they said otherwise?

what were your assumptions and what appears to be the real reasons?
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

It's in the original post. Difficulty tuned higher than expected so gear threshold needed to be higher.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »

I don’t think CG intentionally punishes FTP or low spenders, so I don’t think it was to extend the grind time.

My guess is simple, more revenue from spenders.

Unfortunately and not surprisingly that does appear to be the case. It is 4QFY2019 for them.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »

64bjx1dlhxny.png

lol "thanks for the gear"
  • Options
    It's blatantly obvious, it was a cash grab, plain and simple.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    It's blatantly obvious, it was a cash grab, plain and simple.

Just like everything else.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

It's in the original post. Difficulty tuned higher than expected so gear threshold needed to be higher.

So you were wrong. Nbd