Too much Garbage in this Game to Get What You Actually Want

murmur
7 posts Member
edited March 2020
TL;DR: The more you spend, returns diminish because of increased values BUT ALSO because most of what you'll get is useless

Edit: my hard node energy spent today was over 1400 per the guild counter. Some of it is from other farms but I got 2 Nast and 6 juhani. That's a lot of energy for a low return

Attempted farming the last 37 Juhani shards and 9 Nastila.
It cost me around $60.

The problem is that had I bought the large Darth Revan Journey shard pack for $50 I would have gotten almost all of them with a few crystals left to farm the remaining Juhani shards. I didn't get that because I dont need Carth, Hk, Ordo. I'm not paying $50 for what I dont need.

You'd think it would cost less to get fewer shards but that's not the case. I spent $70 for crystals with about 2k crystals left. The biggest complaint was the hard modes. After around 1k crystals I got maybe 5-6 shards between both of them.

Small Journey guide data packs helped little with Juhani but I could not get any Nastila and most were guys I didn't need.

I got lucky and got Nast in a Mega Pack.

This experience actually made me mad even though I was finally able to get Darth Revan after 3 months even with spending. I've spent 450 since October. I'm not even happy about DR right now. 3 months of anticipation lead to frustration.

Not only is it difficult to grind, but even when you spend, its unclear what the best option is. Generally you have to get a lot more than what you'll need to actually get it.

That's not only problematic for lower spenders like myself, a little closer to whale(2k roughly over a year+) but Krakens as well. The reason people spend so much and end up hating this game IMO is all of the vast amounts of garbage stuff.

Case in point, terrible relic toons required for GL, but not used for GL

This is where the game is broken. When people criticize the GL and every other part of the game, its because of spending money on stuff we don't want.

Granted, GL isnt something meant to be done in a day, but people really want them day 1. Any excitement people had was quickly destroyed. It took moments to ruin 4 months of anticipation.

CG, people are complaining because were getting a bunch of garbage we don't want. Let us get right to what we need, instead of "internal reviews" saying we need more hurdles.

We don't, were tired of obstacles. We want to make constant progress, even if small, no matter if we are F2P, Kraken, Whale, etc

I don't mind the hard node farm, when I actually get a shard in a cycle. 0/5 several times, per day, per character, for 3 months is the problem.

Hard nodes could be a lot better if we could get bronzium that only gives random hard node shards. At least I might get other characters I'll eventually farm or shard currency to keep the gear grind going

I'll admit, GL characters actually look pretty **** great and I'm excited for them. What I'm not happy about is how extensive the relic grind is currently. G12 and up is actually easier than G12- and hard mode grind is a joke. I'm also not excited about the GL events themselves to get them.

There are ways to make the game fun, but they get ruined by obstacles and garbage.

My background: Im behind so dont flame me. I left for a few months. I have played for around a year total. I've also been rank 1 in both fleet(at least 3 months straight) and arena shards at one point so I understand the competitive and high crystal income life as well as how to win. My Grand Arena score is on track to hit 39k. I have not lost once this season
Post edited by murmur on

Replies