GAS or a galactic legend

jjjwar
17 posts Member
I'm about half way to having a decent chance at GAS. Ive also got 5 of 6 galactic rey characters at gear 12+ and one at 11. Which direction should i go? Thanks

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    You need 12 characters at g13 + relics for GL Rey.
  • Kluski
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, if you read the forum they are both trash so why bother.

For me, I just got GAS to R7 and have been enjoying his team. It sounds like you are closer to GAS, so that might be more reasonable.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Kluski wrote: »

For me, I just got GAS to R7 and have been enjoying his team. It sounds like you are closer to GAS, so that might be more reasonable.

You can't trust the forum.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

OR CAN YOU
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gas may be unpleasant at times, but won't stink up your roster as much as a reliced Rose Tico.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Yes Rey is definitely trash.

Have fun getting slaughtered out there man.
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    As having an opponent in my arena who has gl Rey I can confirm most definitely not trash!!

To the OP, gas is required for geo ls at least in some missions so I would work on him 1st also he will help you a lot in arena until you are gl ready.
    Post edited by Lovimgsaskia1 on
  • Lynora
    102 posts Member
    Options

Seriously... the event is garbage, but Rey is ridiculously overpowered. Relic 7 General Skywalker teams are getting humiliated on offense and defense by Rey.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Good thing its palp to the rescue
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Gas first is the obvious answer. Don't forget the GET1 cost to get him 7 though. You want him at relic levels for good performance. Otherwise you'll be underwhelmed and question your decision like many did when it was released.
  • Options
    @jjjwar
    Get Rey. I am FTP. With an R7 CLS team I consistently beat R7 GAS. I imagine Padme, Malak, and Shaak-Ti teams can do the same offensively. It was the new meta team. It should be easier to hit Rank 1 with it (ASSUMING YOUR MODS ARE QUALITY) and easier to stay there defensively. But CG has awesomely AND FINALLY AFTER 4 YEARS diversified top squad arena. This round of GAC my roster, lacking both Revans, beat 2 DR Malak arena rosters. This 3rd 1 has Padme and my mirror is looking iffy.
    You can go without GAS for a long time.

Getting Rey gives you:
    An awesome RJT relic team on the way. She'll be quite usable fast if you don't have her relic. Probably more usable faster than GAS if you have her unlocked.
    A good 2nd relic Resistance team
    A 2nd legitimate fleet with relic pilots that can beat most fleets that you won't need GET for. Sor your Male/Nego farm is unaffected

Galactic Legends are the newest most powerful thing in an increasingly diverse roster game. Yes, lots of time and materials but as you said you are halfway there, as am I I feel, and the fruit along the way is not bad.

yekm99mgkxr4.png
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    @jjjwar
    Get Rey. I am FTP. With an R7 CLS team I consistently beat R7 GAS. I imagine Padme, Malak, and Shaak-Ti teams can do the same offensively. It was the new meta team. It should be easier to hit Rank 1 with it (ASSUMING YOUR MODS ARE QUALITY) and easier to stay there defensively. But CG has awesomely AND FINALLY AFTER 4 YEARS diversified top squad arena. This round of GAC my roster, lacking both Revans, beat 2 DR Malak arena rosters. This 3rd 1 has Padme and my mirror is looking iffy.
    You can go without GAS for a long time.

Getting Rey gives you:
    An awesome RJT relic team on the way. She'll be quite usable fast if you don't have her relic. Probably more usable faster than GAS if you have her unlocked.
    A good 2nd relic Resistance team
    A 2nd legitimate fleet with relic pilots that can beat most fleets that you won't need GET for. Sor your Male/Nego farm is unaffected

Galactic Legends are the newest most powerful thing in an increasingly diverse roster game. Yes, lots of time and materials but as you said you are halfway there, as am I I feel, and the fruit along the way is not bad.

yekm99mgkxr4.png

OP said he's halfway to GAS, not Rey. Why do you feel what you posted is anything like halfway?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Res have a legit fleet that can beat who exactly?
  • Options
    @TVF @Liath
    I answered the OP's question with an argument for GL Rey. If there is a flaw in my argument then feel free to point it out.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I answered the OP's question with an argument for GL Rey. If there is a flaw in my argument then feel free to point it out.

I did, by asking a question you haven't answered yet.

What's this Res fleet and what can it beat?

Also, to Liath's point, unless you're hoarding a ton of gear, you're nowhere near halfway done.
  • Options

Start at 2 hours 12 minutes. I take his word after watching the battles
    https://youtu.be/rTg09howSdk
  • Options
    GAS is easier.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Start at 2 hours 12 minutes.

Lol
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

I did, by asking a question you haven't answered yet.

What's this Res fleet and what can it beat?

Also, to Liath's point, unless you're hoarding a ton of gear, you're nowhere near halfway done.

I’m not seeing any green + signs on the empty gear spots, so looks like not much hoarding going on there and without paying that looks like 4-6 months off.

So you're telling me you don't think it took 4-6 months of farming to get my Resistance currently to where it is at? The vets alone were a ridiculous farm.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Rhunne wrote: »

Oh you can, the multiple videos of game play are pretty good proof.

Disagree. It's way too early. Early videos are always questionable.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF @Liath

Didn't I point it out? Your post assumed that the OP was halfway to Rey. The OP said he was halfway to GAS, and doesn't even appear to correctly understand the Rey requirements.
  • Options
    Go for GAS
    Far more useful far earlier than Rey.
    If you are wondering which to go for, Rey is months or thousands away
  • jjjwar
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Gas it is then. 12 characters, including rose, thats a lot of relics.