Rey vs Kylo

Xerrath
177 posts Member
So general consensus so far is that Rey is better than god teir and well Kylo can’t even beat the current meta.

CG what are earth is going through your mind to make these ludicrous requirements and not have this character be better than the current existing meta? I know we don’t have the ultimate abilities yet but this should not matter for the crazy requirements in order to even access this character.

I just want to know what people are thinking of their FO investments after seeing the hilariously wide gap in power between the two GL?

Replies

• Options
    There are a lot more characters they can introduce with dark side kylo than they can rey is what I am leaning towards.
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    Huge Kylo fan here, extremely disappointed in the way this is going. Spent some money to try and get him as he is a character I really wanted. Knew Rey would be good but it is a huge shock that they did him so wrong. Maybe things change but I doubt they will change him to be even close to her.

Not going to be the “I quit” guy but at least I know they wont get anymore money from me as I doubt they will come out with a Ben Solo character.

Hard lesson learn on my part. Oh well, live and learn.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Huge Kylo fan here, extremely disappointed in the way this is going. Spent some money to try and get him as he is a character I really wanted. Knew Rey would be good but it is a huge shock that they did him so wrong. Maybe things change but I doubt they will change him to be even close to her.

Not going to be the “I quit” guy but at least I know they wont get anymore money from me as I doubt they will come out with a Ben Solo character.

Hard lesson learn on my part. Oh well, live and learn.

But you don't even have him yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    So you are telling me that the SLKR I will get will beat Rey? Sweet, I get the special edition!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    .01% have unlocked GLs (according to a post I recently read), yet everyone is an expert and can debate their actual usefulness.

Wonder how many complainers don't even have 1 unlocked yet.
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    .01% have unlocked GLs (according to a post I recently read), yet everyone is an expert and can debate their actual usefulness.

Doesn’t take owning one to see the differences between the two. I don’t own a Bugatti Veyron but I know it’s a better car than a PT Cruiser.
  • Options
    It seems because all of kylos requirements have been out for a while now he is just a filler legend until you get the almighty Mary Sue who’s last requirement just became farmable .

With kylo being this bad for a legend I fail to see why he has to negatively impact his team , I bet Rey could wipe kylo and his team out un modded. And before I seen him action I thought of him as a gas 2.0 where you kill his team and then next battle wipe him out but it’s more like gas 0.5.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    There's no consensus, because there's nothing yet to base a consensus on. Just a couple youtubers yelling for clicks and people parroting what they say.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    So you are telling me that the SLKR I will get will beat Rey? Sweet, I get the special edition!

You said yourself that you knew Rey would be good, made a conscious decision to go for Kylo, and now you are made because you were right? Don’t spend if you don’t want to, but seriously? That’s your complaint?
  • Options
    FO squads were always 2nd to Resistance teams. This isnt anything new. So FO atm cant beat GAS but they beat other solid teams with ease. Just like it was probably intended. If the only real team that can beat SLK is GAS, I will take it all day for GAC defense.

On a plus side, pulling all mods from my Rey, my arena mates still cant beat her. Add the ultimate ability.....
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

You said yourself that you knew Rey would be good, made a conscious decision to go for Kylo, and now you are made because you were right? Don’t spend if you don’t want to, but seriously? That’s your complaint?

Of course Rey would be good but considering Kylo is also a GL I assumed he would be just as good. Guess we all learned to stay away from DS GL in the future.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I'm telling you it's way to early to make any declarations based on a couple of poorly played videos. Which is *always* the case with new toons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo Ren beats all the meta teams tho.

Use Hux lead
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Monomer wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Doesn’t take owning one to see the differences between the two. I don’t own a Bugatti Veyron but I know it’s a better car than a PT Cruiser.

Better how? Faster? Sure. Better value? Probably not. Not a good analogy.

Better question for you: would you buy either without test driving first?
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    Options
    Have we seen how the GL's perform in HSTR yet?
  • Options
    Whoever thinks its early to say that Kylo is much much weaker then Rey and probably not even that good doesnt know anything about this game.
    Its crysal clear that who got Kylo instead of Rey were fooled and robbed!
    GL Kylo is nowehere near as good as Rey and Rey is broken and needs to be nerfed!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    DonBongo92 wrote: »
    Whoever thinks its early to say that Kylo is much much weaker then Rey and probably not even that good doesnt know anything about this game.
    GL Kylo is nowehere near as good as Rey and Rey is broken and needs to be nerfed!

Lol
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Know nothing about the game? Ok. Let's go back to every single meta where on release people either called -too op- or -too bad- in the days of their introduction. Every single one of them.
  • Options
    Polinski08 wrote: »
    FO squads were always 2nd to Resistance teams. This isnt anything new. So FO atm cant beat GAS but they beat other solid teams with ease. Just like it was probably intended. If the only real team that can beat SLK is GAS, I will take it all day for GAC defense.

On a plus side, pulling all mods from my Rey, my arena mates still cant beat her. Add the ultimate ability.....

"It was probably intended"???? Was it intended to waste a 4-month continuous farming and so many resources just to get a character that can beat geos and jedi?
    If that was intended peolpe who went for kylo were really fooled and robbed as @DonBongo92 said above.
  • Options

We’ve literally never seen ultimate abilities on characters before. Maybe we should wait for that before being so drastic?

I do 100% agree that given an option right now I’m taking Rey. Not denying that. But I do believe the gap is smaller than a lot of people think right now, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Kylo’s ultimate ability fully erase that.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    There's already plenty of videos of Kylo beating Rey as well as every other meta team. Y'all dingdongs need to stop slurping up all the diarrhea that Ahnald screams into his poor microphone.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    There's already plenty of videos of Kylo beating Rey as well as every other meta team. Y'all dingdongs need to stop slurping up all the diarrhea that Ahnald screams into his poor microphone.

This. All I ever see is him is plagiarise others strategies anyway. Just with a bigger audience.
    I saw him flail around trying to drop GLrey with palp until he stumbled onto the obvious interaction with spreading shock and palps basic like we used to do in HAAT phase 3. It was so frustrating to watch.
  • Violator1984
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

I still can’t stop laughing. Been kicking the crap out of all GAS teams easily. He’s a beast, will have his ultimate unlocked by Friday and can’t wait to see how much better he gets.

• Benhur
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh I dont see rey being better than Kylo at all, and I have her. Kylo stack offense very very easily Rey does not accumulate anything. Her mastery accumulation is very very situation specific. The toons have to be inspired and on top then other team has to gain TM. In Rey vs kylo match(where there are not a lot of tm gain) kylo sucks mastery way faster than you can gain it. Kylo can perfectly solo a rey team (especially if he is behind tanks a few turns before ending alone) and not in the other way arround. The lack of stacking skills of rey team makes her way useless in comparison to kylo. Take my advise and go for him
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    From the moment the Raddus and Finalizer kits were out, we all knew what we were getting from Galactic Legends. I've been gunning toward SLKR for awhile even since before, and I'm not disappointed. Seems to me that Rey's much harder to obtain, so it only makes sense that she be more powerful.
  • Options
    If u have a decently modded Rey squad on D it's pretty much auto win. To have a slim chance at beating Rey without Rey requires too many meta toons. And they have to be modded a certain way.

Also doesn't help that there's no sandbox mode to test theories. CG is looking at metrics and I am pretty sure they can see that Kylo can be beaten a hell of a lot easier than Rey.