Galactic Podracing and more story?

Hello there ;),
I am a huge fan of SWGOH since I started a few months ago. I would just like to say keep up the great work and I really think the Galactic Legends are awesome!
I am not really up to date what kind of content is going to be next although I did have a look at the event calendar.
Anyways, I thought what would I like to see in this game that me and others might enjoy in the future😄
1. I'd like to see a little bit more story. I love all the different story aspects and locations you can visit but I'd like a completely new gamemode that is story focused and lets you travel through all the different Star Wars movies. A gungan versus droid battle on the green naboo? Obi-Wan versus Jango Fett on Kamino? How about Luke and Yoda fight the swamp monster on Dagobah, Leia, Luke, Chewie and Han fight the Dianoga in the garbage compactor or young Anakin, Shmi and Qui-Gon fight Sebulba? There are so many options and cool locations we could re-discover!
2. How about a Galactic Podracing gamemode? I'd love to see something more action filled we I have to quickly dodge rocks in the wide deserts of Tatooine trying to beat Sebulba. I know Quicktime-Events is not really SWGOH like, but isn't it worth a second thought? How about different Pods with different speeds and different power when you are trying to push another podracer into a rock? Some bigger pods wouldn't be as agile, but they could push other pods more easily. Also (as a podrace idea) racing other stormtroopers on speederbikes as Leia in the huge forest on Endor where you could aim and shoot their bikes while dodging trees.
Just some ideas that I had that would definitely take some time to program, but I am sure they would be a cool add-on in the game.
What do y'all think?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the game and the Forum, there are a few keys ideas that have been expressed by the dev team over the years, one being that this game doesnt follow lore, and is a game played inside a game. Generally speaking storyline has never been the goal. That doesn't mean it cant change, but it doesnt seem to be on the current plan.

Additional game modes are always possible, but pod racing would be almost completely separate from any development in game, which would make it extremely unlikely. It is also not fitting, due to the fact that all but 1 character (who is not in the game) has done it.

Ships works because many characters have a unique one that was "theirs" and has that singular identity.