Vets after rework, are they worth the zetas?

Has anyone tried a jtr, bb8, finn and vets team since the vets rework and how well are they doing? Is it worth putting zetas on the vets? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Replies

• Options
    Wait they got reworks since when?
  • Options
    Not rework, touch up

They gain resistance tag and their abilities apply to the leader
  • Options
    When the leader is resistance, sadly not for scoundrel.
  • masternikolaos
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Has anyone tried a jtr, bb8, finn and vets team since the vets rework and how well are they doing? Is it worth putting zetas on the vets? Any feedback would be appreciated!

They're not useless per say, but I suspect they need Relic 7 to be more useful. I gave them their zetas recently, but my Vet Han is still G12, and putting more relics on them right now is not a high priority. I mostly zetad them since I'd like to be able to run 3 Resistance teams for GAC. Damage for Vet Chewie at Relic 3 is relatively underwhelming at times, and his extra turns after bad stuff happens to his pal/lead seems to be less impactful than one might think.
  • Options

They're not useless per say, but I suspect they need Relic 7 to be more useful. I gave them their zetas recently, but my Vet Han is still G12, and putting more relics on them right now is not a high priority. I mostly zetad them since I'd like to be able to run 3 Resistance teams for GAC. Damage for Vet Chewie at Relic 3 is relatively underwhelming at times, and his extra turns after bad stuff happens to his pal/lead seems to be less impactful than one might think.

What mods you using for Chewie mine at g9 is hitting 20k basic and 25-30k on special . Not amazing but for at g9 with no zeta I find it adequate.
  • Options
    I use the old finn bb8 and the vets to clear bh. Works great even undergeared. My vet's are only g10 and my other resistance are g12 and I got almost full banners against a g12 bh team.
  • Options
    Treeburner wrote: »
    What mods you using for Chewie mine at g9 is hitting 20k basic and 25-30k on special . Not amazing but for at g9 with no zeta I find it adequate.

If I give him my best offense mods with some critical chance, Chewie hits pretty hard (60K with his special), and close to that with his basic, but he's also fairly slow and I wanna make sure he lands his debuffs, so I'm not running optimal mods on him yet (speed and potency atm since I have a shortage of fast offense mods, and other characters on my roster need those more). However, I feel that the problem with their zetas is that if the enemy takes too many turns before they do (so they can stack their bonuses), the battle might be swung too far in the enemy's favor by then to make their impact worthwhile. I feel like their zetas could be useful, but just not sure in what context yet.

• Options
    I modded for pure offence no speed ,at all his unique is based on having the enemy take alot of turns as he gains 12% every time untill he uses a ability.

Also vet Han gain stacking defence every time he receives a debuff so having him debuffed can work out I've seen vids of people beating Dreven malak teams but it's very close .