Old Player back to the game needs advice

So I am newly back to the game after a long while. Basically this 2 months at home from this outbreak had the boredom suck me back in. I started playing at the games inception and was quite competitive then when the speed meta was king. I would regularly finish top 5 in arena then. To give you an idea, I quit right around the time Raids and Guilds first came out before ships were released. I was inactive for 3+ years. Alot has changed, but I was happy to see my account still had my old characters. Over the last week I have been becoming a bit familiar with all of the new content, but would like some input on a good direction to go with what I have now to better maximize potential going forward.

My arena team was as follows, all 7* and lvl 85 now sitting at 606 on squad arena:

QGJ lead g12
OG Yoda g12
Scavenger Rey g11
Lumi g12
Royal Guard g10 (who is apparently about useless now)

Other toons are as follows, lvl 80-85 and 7*:
Greedo g11
Phasma g12
5's g9
OG Kylo Ren g8
Stormtrooper Han g8
Admiracl Ackbar g8
Darth Sidious g8
Barriss Offee g8
Teebo g8
Jedi Consular g8
Eeth Koth g8
Biggs g8
Old Daka g9

I am also close on farming and could promote:

OG Leia
Boba Fett
Bastila
OG Lando
Mace Windu
Darth Vader

Any insight would be appreciated, and also any importance with my roster and potential moves going forward to help synergize with fleet battles would help. I am in what seems to be in a decently active guild and was F2P. However, I did purchase the hyperdrive bundle to get me back in the game, so I do have a bunch of 80 5*s I could bring up from that bundle.

Again, I appreciate any input. May the force be with us all in these strange times.
-Ben

Replies

• Options
    Also my GP is just over 900k, if that matters, and I would also be interested in joining a daily active guild if anyone was interested in showing this old dog new tricks anyway. I am active everyday and fulfill the daily tickets in full.
  • Options
    Welcome back.

You have 2 primary avenues.

1. Restart ... New account and new arena shard. Being gone for 3+ years will mean a harder time for you to get to the top. Might consider starting fresh.

2. Build up ... If you want to continue with your account, you'll need to start farming some basic teams. Start by registering on swgoh.gg. It's a website with some valuable info. After you register, post your player ID up here so we can offer better and more targeted advice. In the meantime, get into a strong guild and work on your Jedi team. Get Bastila to 7star & g12. Set her as lead with your GMY, QGJ, Barriss Offee, and Luminara. That will give you a solid team for arena until you can get one of the Revans. Next, start farming for Jedi Knight Revan. You'll need Bastila, Jolee, T3M4, Mission, and Zaalbar. After that, farm for Darth Revan. You'll need Carth, Canderous, Fallen Bastila, HK47, Juhani. Once you have both Revans, go for Darth Malak.

That will get you started.
  • Options
    Thank you LordGrahk. I will get to working on Bastila. I definitely appreciate the insight. Do you have any comments about the fleet stuff?
  • Options
    For fleet, I would get a dark side going strong enough to get the zeta challenge so you can SIM that.
  • Options
    After lookin at your inventory, I totally echo what LordGrahk and Snowbird13 recommend...only other thing I'd add is continue gearing 5s and farming the rest of the 501st clones, they're a pretty strong team these days especially after Rex's rework and with the additions of Shaak Ti and General Skywalker, they're a force to be reckoned with.
    FishinBen wrote: »
    I would also be interested in joining a daily active guild if anyone was interested in showing this old dog new tricks anyway. I am active everyday and fulfill the daily tickets in full.

I realize this post is almost a week old, however, if you are still looking for a guild, we recently purged our inactive players several days ago. we're not a super high GP guild, we seem to teeter around the 60-65M GP. Of course, lookin to find members that are laid back yet consistent enough to grow their rosters. I'm more on the competitive side so I'm grinding away.
    • Raids, we currently run HPit, HAAT, T6 Sith (workin towards Heroic, we do run a T5 Sith after 3 or 4 T6s)
    • Territory Battle (LS/DS Hoth), we complete 21-24 stars, both enough for GETII tokens
    • Territory War, after not war'n for almost a year (members left and we were rebuilding), our record so far is 7-2, two of which were full clears

If that's what you're looking for, here's my ally code and I'll invite you to our guild ... ally code: 515-713-278
  • Chozen_wan
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Like the original poster, I am fresh back to the game. I plan to register but when I left I was running Biggs & wedge w Chirrut and Baze. Would love any advice. Also I am looking for an active guild as I participate daily and would like to succeed in the game again.
  • Options
    Best ship out there to have in any fleet is bossk's Hounds tooth.pain to get but gives more survivability for all ur other ships so they don't get targeted as much