count dooku

How good is he, and should i spend the time gearing him up? Also, what is the best mods. I was thinking about putting him with my Vader, pap team for defense in grand arena. what is everyone's thoughts on that?

Replies

• Options
    I believe he's good. Not exceptional, but good nonetheless.
    I've got him at G12 with his zeta, modded for potency and speed.
  • Options
    He does best in GAC with asajj and zombie and a couple separatists can get a few wins... vader isnt used much except in a palp team... even then there are better empire debuffers
  • Options
    He’s a must if you’re going to run a Nute led team. He also does ok as one of the 2 fillers in a Traya team, but he is squishy and will die quick against geos so don’t use him in that counter team. And yes, I mod potency for stuns and speed to get him stealthed.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku is plenty good and plenty “worth it” in many game modes, but the answer to whether or not you should gear him up now is always “it depends.”

What’s your focus? Raids? Arena? GAC? TB/TW?

If you are closer to a beginner, or don’t have a specific focus, I’d consider Dooku to be a luxury character to have. He’s not needed in the beginning stages for any specific purpose, and there are more important characters to level up in order to unlock top-tier characters like Revan and Malak.

Generally speaking, the consensus is that using Palp for offense instead of defense in GAC is preferable. His kit and the team you surround Palp with are very very good at shutting down specific difficult-to-deal-with teams, while also being fairly easy to beat themselves.

What’s your current GP and what teams are you currently running for GAC defense? That info could help us better answer your question
  • Options
    I use Dooku on my zMaul team with Azzaj, Jango, and Nest. I have him modded for speed so that he goes first most of the time to put Jango and Azzaj under stealth and force enemies to attack Nest.
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Dooku is plenty good and plenty “worth it” in many game modes, but the answer to whether or not you should gear him up now is always “it depends.”

What’s your focus? Raids? Arena? GAC? TB/TW?

If you are closer to a beginner, or don’t have a specific focus, I’d consider Dooku to be a luxury character to have. He’s not needed in the beginning stages for any specific purpose, and there are more important characters to level up in order to unlock top-tier characters like Revan and Malak.

Generally speaking, the consensus is that using Palp for offense instead of defense in GAC is preferable. His kit and the team you surround Palp with are very very good at shutting down specific difficult-to-deal-with teams, while also being fairly easy to beat themselves.

What’s your current GP and what teams are you currently running for GAC defense? That info could help us better answer your question

Sorry for this late reply, and thank you for taking the time. I been using my 501st clones (2nd most geared team one X adn the rest are IX), my geo team (my most geared. spy is XII adn rest are IX and one is X) and my jedi team (i dont have great points in my jedi team so try and use against easier teams) this is for offense.

My defense i been using a rebel team princess leia, han solo 5*, farm luke, R2D2 and storm han) they are gear 8 but not great. then i use pap team and phoenix team for defense. I started to play in Aug and this last GAC was my first time in it.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to GAC! I consider it the most fun game mode.

An important strategy in GAC is reconnaissance. You need to check out your opponent’s roster, and “predict” what they will use on defense, then try and save teams on offense to counter the defense you expect to see. This becomes a little bit more obvious as your roster and GP expand.

For where you are in the game, I might suggest using your Geos on defense and Palp for offense. Geos are VERY tough to beat without a specific counter, and if your opponent doesn’t have it (specifically double-zeta Traya), it is a very solid defensive team. If fact, if your opponent doesn’t have zzTraya with an equivalent gear-level to your Geos, you can probably use them on front-line defense and soften up your back line.

Phoenix should be solid defenders for you for a little bit, I recommend taking out Ezra and using him with offensive Jedi in your case.

If EP is the current team you’re farming, Dooku could be a solid choice but there may be better... who are you currently using on your EP team?
  • Options
    Dooku has a lot of cross game utility: Sith tag, Sep tag, leader ability, nice zeta, great mechanics, and is necessary for DSTB. He's also an early farm toon and early game can get you #1 in Arena with Nute
  • willber
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Welcome to GAC! I consider it the most fun game mode.

An important strategy in GAC is reconnaissance. You need to check out your opponent’s roster, and “predict” what they will use on defense, then try and save teams on offense to counter the defense you expect to see. This becomes a little bit more obvious as your roster and GP expand.

For where you are in the game, I might suggest using your Geos on defense and Palp for offense. Geos are VERY tough to beat without a specific counter, and if your opponent doesn’t have it (specifically double-zeta Traya), it is a very solid defensive team. If fact, if your opponent doesn’t have zzTraya with an equivalent gear-level to your Geos, you can probably use them on front-line defense and soften up your back line.

Phoenix should be solid defenders for you for a little bit, I recommend taking out Ezra and using him with offensive Jedi in your case.

If EP is the current team you’re farming, Dooku could be a solid choice but there may be better... who are you currently using on your EP team?

EP mean Empire Pap? if so then i have his normal team. they are all gear 9 with vader and pap g10 and i am 1 slot away making them both g11. I am saving up for zeta on pap which he is not right now. For my actual team i am farming for is rebels for CLS. but i just want to buff up my main teams for GAC cause its a nice source for zetas. my mods are slacking on them thou trying to get better speed mods on them. I fell in to the noob aspect of this game and try and do to much to fast. so i have parts of teams everywhere. For Ezra who would be a decent one to replace him for on my phoneix team, or does it not really matter. Ezra woudl help my jedi team out alot since they are slacking in strength. I do have yoda and ezra both g10. I do like the suggestion of using geos on defense and pap on offense. i will do that. and i can put my rebel team on defense behind them. after i buff up my pap team and count i want to start gearing my geos for Padme event. i have her as 5* but not geared. My next single charcter i am farming right now is nute.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    willber wrote: »
    EP mean Empire Pap? if so then i have his normal team. they are all gear 9 with vader and pap g10 and i am 1 slot away making them both g11. I am saving up for zeta on pap which he is not right now.
    It may not look like much but Palpatine's lead zeta is what transforms that squad from meh to an Imperial TM-train. I still get use out of my g9-11 zEP squad even at 3.8m GP. One day I might be able to spare some more gear for them.. maybe. :D
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yes, EP = Emperor Palpatine.

I agree that palp’s leadership zeta will transform the team, it looks very unassuming on its surface but it gets that turn meter rolling to overwhelm the opposition. It will turn the team into the offensive powerhouse you’ll need if moving Geos to defense.

And what do you mean by “normal” team for Palp? There are a lot of very effective builds, and there is so much new synergy compared to EP’s heyday that I don’t think there is any one single “normal” team anymore, but the core three are zEP, Vader, and Thrawn. After those three, usually a tank and an attacker are utilized... here are other pairs to consider:

Nihilus + Sion. This makes up the “Nightmare” team that was at the top of arena years ago for a short time. This is probably the strongest zEP team you can build at your point in the game.

Tarkin + Shore Trooper. I’d call this the most-used full empire team, its major strength comes from Tarkin’s TM-removal special paired with zEP’s TM-gain leadership ability.

Death Trooper + Shore Trooper. Death Trooper is a little under-rated IMO, he’s basically Darth Nihilus Light, and this is a good spot for him if you want to save DN or don’t have an Imperial Troopers team.

Dooku + Sith Trooper. This will demolish on offense, but is a squishy team.

Dooku OR Sith Trooper + Sith Empire Trooper. Still good firepower with a pre-taunting tank to help protect EP and Dooku

Wampa + (tank). Cuz Wampa is fun and Vader’s DoTs really ramp up his offensive prowess.

Tie Fighter Pilot + (tank). A fast TFP can lead off with ability block and buff immunity, helping to shut-down taunting tanks.

Tie Fighter Pilot + Tarkin. Again, a little on the squishy side without a tank, but can demolish on offense by controlling the opponent.

As far as Phoenix go, there are six characters with the Phoenix tag, so using Ezra for your Jedi should leave the five Phoenix left as a full team.
  • Options
    Oh man, where's the Dooku guy who will tell you he's the single greatest character in the game and should be your sole gear going forward since he can defeat all of those pesky G11 teams when he's at r7?

Real answer? He's great in the right scenarios and doesn't really hit his stride until relics
  • Options
    this is amazing information everyone i really do appreciate it. I meant by normal EP team was thawn, Tie fighter and tarken with vader. i cant wait till i can make EP scary.
  • Options
    I've had him at r7 for quite some time now and he's way beyond decent. He can easily solo certain squads and he's generally a monster. Way underrated character that gains much more than most toons from g13 and relics.
  • Options
    Oh man, where's the Dooku guy who will tell you he's the single greatest character in the game and should be your sole gear going forward since he can defeat all of those pesky G11 teams when he's at r7?

Real answer? He's great in the right scenarios and doesn't really hit his stride until relics

I'm right here.
  • Options
    I've had him at r7 for quite some time now and he's way beyond decent. He can easily solo certain squads and he's generally a monster. Way underrated character that gains much more than most toons from g13 and relics.

What kind of damage can he do? How do you have him modded? How is he at r4ish?
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have mine at r5, he can be quite versatile.

I have mine modded for speed, protection, and potency.... and even then he still hits hard enough to be utilized effectively as your primary attacker.

When modded for offense, he hits insanely hard. His Crit damage and crit chance skyrocket at higher relic levels (just like NSS).
  • Options
    I have mine modded with a speedy crit dmg set, tenacity cross, crit dmg triangle and protection circle. He hits insanely hard and crits pretty much all the time. Basic hits for around 30k average, higher on counters, and higher still in specific setups, like under his own lead or GG's. Regularly outdoes GG for damage in raids. I have several toons at r7 now and he's generally the one I've gotten the most out of. Can't go wrong with Dooku.