Customer Service and a Two Billion Dollar game

My granddaddy owned a full service gas station. I was a kid and I was helping him with a customer one day. The customer said thank you to him, and he said thank you back.

After she left I asked him why he did that? I was raised that if someone said "thank you" you're supposed to say "you're welcome".

He explained to my 8 year old self that he was thanking her for her business. If it wasn't for her business, he wouldn't make any money. Her business, and all his customers business is what paid his bills, put food on the table, etc. He told me that if you were in any form of customer service, if you offered goods to be purchased or offered any services, you absolutely had to take care of your customers. He told me don't worry about building profit, worry about building relationships. If you build relationships and take care of your customers, the profit will come. If you take care of your customers, they will be happy to do business with you. They will want to come back to you.

Over the years that sense of pride in taking care of your customers has been lost in the business world. And its seriously sad.

If CG had even an inkling of the customer service values that my granddaddy had, dare i say this Star Wars game would be a 2 or even a 3 billion dollar game.

It seems like CG only cares about the money. But the ironic thing is, if they cared, or even acted like they cared about the player base they could literally make billions more. I mean come on man, it's Star Wars.

I'm done rambling for the day. May the force be with you all

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    thank you
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Right on OP, completely agree

with what?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Right on OP, completely agree

with what?

With the notion that customer service and pride in your work is diminishing over the generations.

Also agree that CG could make more money than they do with some changes.

Talk to or listen to some big spenders in this game and you’ll understand.

Giraffe you should get back on the whale discord.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH