Gac matchup

Saada
664 posts Member
w3wpqvxq8l91.png

As I've mentioned, as you catch up, your top end roster becomes more heavy and the harder match ups you get. Didn't have malak, matched against malak, get malak, matched against, GAS, get gas (6*) with 3 relicd clones and guess what matched against GL like I said I would. Now please tell me how I can without even a relicd gas beat someone who has both GLs and an r7 GAS and also 10 more g13.

Replies

• Options
    Its been said before, but its probably due to your 19 r7s and 18 r5s heavily inflating your top end GP. If those were all on good pvp characters that boosted teams, you should be able to find a way. There are counters floating around to GLs
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    More and more counters are discovered every day.

Alternatively, have a go at those GLs with your R7 bountyhunters, since they are probably a major reason why you get matched with players, who invested their resources more wisely (considering GAC).
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    This is how you balance a roster for GAC: 14 g13s spread over 7 squads, only 1 of them r7. Each of those squads is a mix of g11, g12 and g13 and my lesser squads are also a mix of gear levels.
    8iplcd5b1fti.png
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    This is how you balance a roster for GAC: 14 g13s spread over 7 squads, only 1 of them r7. Each of those squads is a mix of g11, g12 and g13 and my lesser squads are also a mix of gear levels.
    8iplcd5b1fti.png

That's not my point, I have all meta teams besides GLs. So not levelling them up is silly.

My point was once your behind because of gearing wrong characters or in my instance relicing them to high. Every time you chase a character to level the playing field, you end up with a harder match up. So there's no way to balance things out. I can't go back, so I need to chase GL which I will get eventually but by then ALL my opponents will have both, get it? When I get both, they'll have the next GL etc

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Also if I have the resources, why shouldn't I relic my characters?. You guys are pretty much encouraging me to NOT gear/relic characters to gain an advantage in GAC which is what cg wanted people to stop doing. I should not be discouraged in taking a character to r7 when I have the resources and continue to have resources for the next upcoming g13 characters, just like how people were keeping many characters at level 1 when the whole roster was used in matchmaking in order to create easy matchups for themselves
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Saada wrote: »
    8iplcd5b1fti.png

That's not my point, I have all meta teams besides GLs. So not levelling them up is silly.
    On the contrary, maxing out whole squads is a waste of resources unless you specifically need the whole squad at that level i.e. fighting for the top spot in squad arena or LS Geo TB.
    My point was once your behind because of gearing wrong characters or in my instance relicing them to high. Every time you chase a character to level the playing field, you end up with a harder match up. So there's no way to balance things out. I can't go back, so I need to chase GL which I will get eventually but by then ALL my opponents will have both, get it? When I get both, they'll have the next GL etc
    Yes, maxing out more squads only makes your situation worse. The introduction of relics was your big opporunity to rebalance your roster.Not only did you fail to do so, you actually made your situation worse.
    Also if I have the resources, why shouldn't I relic my characters?
    Because you don't need to.
    Because it's a waste of resources.
    And because it hurts you in GAC matchmaking which you apparently care about.
    You guys are pretty much encouraging me to NOT gear/relic characters to gain an advantage in GAC
    You don't gain an advantage though, in fact you put yourself at a disadvantage because making your roster top-heavy earns you stronger opponents.
    I should not be discouraged in taking a character to r7 when I have the resources and continue to have resources for the next upcoming g13 characters,
    You are free to do whatever you want, just don't expect much sympathy if you are blaming the matchmaker for your poor choices.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    8iplcd5b1fti.png

Silly or not, it's still your choice and your choices affect your matchmaking. Taking your BH to high relic levels was also your choice and also affects your matchmaking.
    My point was once your behind because of gearing wrong characters or in my instance relicing them to high. Every time you chase a character to level the playing field, you end up with a harder match up. So there's no way to balance things out.

Patience, young padawan. Changing things around takes time. Making those r7 BH an insignificant part of your roster or making them drop out of your top-80 takes a long time. Don't expect to see huge changes in a short time. However, if you keep moving along your current path, you will see improvements.
    I can't go back, so I need to chase GL which I will get eventually but by then ALL my opponents will have both, get it? When I get both, they'll have the next GL etc

I'm not sure how having a GL will affect your matchmaking. Some of the required Reliced characters seem to end up as fluff.