Anyone else see the sheer stuppidity here?

Prev1
Abyss
1651 posts Member
(Yes, spelled wrong in an attempt to keep from being censored lol)

Here is the thing
Everyone cried
"Phasma lead everywhere, blah blah blah"
Meta changed
Everyone cried
"jinn is everywhere, blah blah blah"
Meta changed (kinda)
Now everyone cries
"dooku is everywhere, blah blah blah"

Here is what i find just purely insane......
no matter what is "king", everyone cries "all the same teams blah blah blah" this happens cause ppl fig ut out and use it and gain easy/quick entry to top spots.
When it changes (theoretically what ppl wanted) they just continue to cry the same thing about the next flavor of the week. Because on e again the top players find it an easily climb to the top.

You ppl do understand that unless they make all toons 100% equal with equal stats, gear, abilities, etc there is ALWAYS going to be a general "best team". Just like there always has been and currently is, there will be variations of said team BUT make no mistake, the top players will ALWAYS figure it out and hold the top spots with it.

Following my 3 examples, To me this is obvious so constant crying about it makes 0 sense.
"My top 20 is nothing but jinn"
"My top 20 is nothing but dooku"
"My top 20 is nothing but phasma"
.......to that i say, NO KIDDING GENIUS, thats whats best rite now lmfao

Just dont understand what ya'll ade crying about when it comes to whatever the "current meta" is smh

Replies

• Mythov
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Meta = most effective tactic available

There will always be a meta
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    People would rather complain than try and find a way around the problem.

Granted, speed and evasion are two things you can't really get around currently, but I am hoping this next major update fixes that to some degree.
  • Options
    There are 6 toons I hate facing for various reasons (due to my toons limitations). Others toons that others fear are a walk through for me. People like to spend for the 5 "hot" toons of the day instead of trying to find a balanced toon portfolio that can be interchanged to meet the current challenge. I hope this new meta screws all the people who have 5 studs and a stable of scrubs.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    But there are different types of complaints.

I whined about seeing Sid in 99.99999% of arena and GW fights; not that he's broken, just lack of variety. That's fine, whatever. Not much they can do about this.

But then you have the obvious flaws, like the current mechanic which sort of shifted from "kill everything in 1-shot" to "dodge the 1-shot KO and deliver one of your own".

I think those are legitimate concerns....
    Damage output is too high in general, armor and defense has become completely irrelevant, dodge, speed, and dps rules as king.

Dodge/speed/DPS ninja glass canon should be a strategic choice, but right now its the -only- viable option (almost), which is why you see it everywhere and everyone else is tired of seeing things this way.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »

You ppl do understand that unless they make all toons 100% equal with equal stats, gear, abilities, etc there is ALWAYS going to be a general "best team".

While a little difficult to achieve practically, theoretically this simply isn't true. That being said, just because there will always be a meta involving a few dominant teams, that's no excuse to just lay down and accept whatever the devs throw at us. We should always be striving for better, and better.

The fact that there are so few dominant characters in the arena meta even with such poor defensive AI is a sign of just how bad the current balance is. If there were such a thing as live pvp in this game... the problem would be way, way worse.

I'm really glad CG is being brave enough to do so many changes in the upcoming major update. Sure, some other things will be broken, there will be a new meta, followed by new complaints. While not all complaints are well reasoned, please stop it with the "yall a bunch big whiney babies" nonsense. We, as players, should continue to give feedback and motivate the devs to strive for that perfect balance, however unobtainable it may seem.
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No matter what the meta is, teams can be beaten by teams consisting of probably more than 50% of all available toons because the AI is so crap, at least in 1 to 3 attempts, depending on rng.

+except for times like in the OP poe Era, but there's nothing like that atm, just teams with RG can be hard, not like impossible without poe in the above mentioned era though.
  • Options
    Lets all farm dooku now like sheeps . We do same as other players bc they say it s good
  • Options
    Wow... The OP is an angry one!

I haven't really seen very many people whining and complaining. Maybe there are a few that I missed. Mostly what I see is people discussing. Big difference.

I personally think that Dooku led teams are making the game more challenging and interesting. What I don't buy is that his leader ability is truly running at the advertised rate. No I don't have statistical evidence. No I'm not going to create any. I believe the Devs buffed it up a little more as a temporary experiment to see what affects it would have on the game. They very well may readjust it when they put in the big update. That is admittedly speculation on my part. Although the fact that other similar leader abilities are not working at the same rate would support that theory to an extent.

The main issue I have is with a major update looming where the Devs have already stated there will be damage nerfs and buffs... How will those changes further be affected by these evasion squads?

I have a very diverse Arsenal of toons at this point but I would just as soon not see current meta toons rendered useless.

Yes there will always be team combos that are slightly better but here is where I disagree... There doesn't need to be huge swings from one direction to another. RPGs are impossible to balance perfectly, but they are not impossible to make diverse. This particular game seems to take overly big swings. Right now I would say that QGJ and Dooku led squads are fairly even in arena. Hopefully they can find a way to make more leadership skills viable without nullifying what they already have.

• Devour
    262 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    hmm
  • Options
    This post coming from the biggest whiner on the forums. Ironic.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »

Ouch!
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

The biggest? Nice, gotta be best at something ;)

Generally im trying to talk sence into the whiners and explain (what i know about at least) how things work and why toons arent "OP". But if you view that as whining then cool, just glad i can top your list haha

Thnx :)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Wow... The OP is an angry one!

I haven't really seen very many people whining and complaining. Maybe there are a few that I missed. Mostly what I see is people discussing. Big difference.

I personally think that Dooku led teams are making the game more challenging and interesting. What I don't buy is that his leader ability is truly running at the advertised rate. No I don't have statistical evidence. No I'm not going to create any. I believe the Devs buffed it up a little more as a temporary experiment to see what affects it would have on the game. They very well may readjust it when they put in the big update. That is admittedly speculation on my part. Although the fact that other similar leader abilities are not working at the same rate would support that theory to an extent.

The main issue I have is with a major update looming where the Devs have already stated there will be damage nerfs and buffs... How will those changes further be affected by these evasion squads?

I have a very diverse Arsenal of toons at this point but I would just as soon not see current meta toons rendered useless.

Yes there will always be team combos that are slightly better but here is where I disagree... There doesn't need to be huge swings from one direction to another. RPGs are impossible to balance perfectly, but they are not impossible to make diverse. This particular game seems to take overly big swings. Right now I would say that QGJ and Dooku led squads are fairly even in arena. Hopefully they can find a way to make more leadership skills viable without nullifying what they already have.

Not angry at all, just baffeled lol. Its the same complaint over an over. And i will respectfull disagree back haha. No mater how "balanced" or "diverse" they make it, i guarantee the top 20 will still be packed with whatever the flavor of the week is because even a slight advatage is an advantage none the less. The complaint on this topic i have seen more then any is "so-n-so is all i see in my top 20" and thats always gonna be the case i fear. I sinply dont understand why ppl cry about it lol. Its kinda the point. To find the best and use it to be as successful as possible for the most rewards.........ppl cry about this simple logic lol
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Dark wrote: »

Ouch!

+1 if it were true haha, we all are entitled to our own opinion tho. @Dark can view me that way if he/she chooses. No bother to me :)
  • Options

I had to check if it was me. Lol.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

I had to check if it was me. Lol.

Hahahahahaha nice
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    How is @Abyss the biggest whiner on the forums? Not by a long shot!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    How is @Abyss the biggest whiner on the forums? Not by a long shot!

+10

Thnx ouchie :))))))))
  • Options

Generally im trying to talk sence into the whiners and explain (what i know about at least) how things work and why toons arent "OP". But if you view that as whining then cool, just glad i can top your list haha

Making a post 'whining' (you don't think so, I do. Opinions and stuff) about people whining isn't exactly the best way to convey your information. Just a thought.

But I can agree with you on the meta. There will always be a 'best set' of heroes. I think most people (who are whining) would like there to be more than just 5 or 10 best heroes when there are almost 80 to use. I don't follow the meta (much) myself. All Jedi. Ima Gun lead till Ahsoka fix, now QGJ. Hit top 10 everyday in arena (Dec 1st server). I would personally like to see more than the same 7 heroes in my top 10. Maybe empire or rebel teams/heroes. Maybe ewoks or tusken raiders now. You know?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Making a post 'whining' (you don't think so, I do. Opinions and stuff) about people whining isn't exactly the best way to convey your information. Just a thought.

But I can agree with you on the meta. There will always be a 'best set' of heroes. I think most people (who are whining) would like there to be more than just 5 or 10 best heroes when there are almost 80 to use. I don't follow the meta (much) myself. All Jedi. Ima Gun lead till Ahsoka fix, now QGJ. Hit top 10 everyday in arena (Dec 1st server). I would personally like to see more than the same 7 heroes in my top 10. Maybe empire or rebel teams/heroes. Maybe ewoks or tusken raiders now. You know?

I fear there will always be an "elite" team (with variations of course) and this team will always flood the top because it will work the best overall no matter how close to perfectly balanced they get.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    When it comes to meta, what you hope for is balance, where teams and characters of equal synergy and rank can compete. When you have situations like we have now where speed or evasion is a great advantage, you have an Arena where all the same teams exist...
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    When it comes to meta, what you hope for is balance, where teams and characters of equal synergy and rank can compete. When you have situations like we have now where speed or evasion is a great advantage, you have an Arena where all the same teams exist...

^^^That^^^
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    I'd totally throw something different out there to crack open the norm, lord know I used to with my Finn team, but we all know what happens then. We can win pretty much anything with pretty much any team, but if we dare do something different in arena, EVERYONE hits us because we're different and ooh shiny wanna try this team I never faces, and we sink in ranks. So better disguise and blend in with the norm, because that's what works with the system as it is.

The meta is not the "most effective tactic" on attack, it's the one that has the most effective "fear factor" on "defense".
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Until unique teams are just as viable as whatever the flavor of the week is it simply wont happen. The top players will find a "sweet spot" and ppl will copy it and they will huddle together in the top spots. Its just how it is.
    I think of all the dif RPG's or MMO's i have played and the bulk of the players always jumped on baord with whatever worked that day.
    I remember in DCUO they often tweaked character classes and abilities.
    They sold a token for like $5-$10 that let you swap to a dif class. Soon as nature was best healer all the sudden there were virtually no electric healers. Soon as ice was best tank there were almost 0 fire or earth tanks. Soon as quantum was best dps there was no other dps around etc etc etc. they made a killing doing it (and still do i assume).
    I dont think there is any "real" reason for the devs to change this. I know we all want them to cook up a way to diversify whats "best" on an arena team but i really think they have no intention of making lots of toons viable at once. It does not make business sense. They make far more $ on ppl scrabling to chase the meta then they would if almost any toon farmed for free worked.

Just my opinion tho, time will tell buddy
  • Options
    Hell I would just like to complete GW. God help me if the fifty characters I have actually got somewhere.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Sccerb wrote: »
    Hell I would just like to complete GW. God help me if the fifty characters I have actually got somewhere.

Lol hang in there pal
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »

The meta is not the "most effective tactic" on attack, it's the one that has the most effective "fear factor" on "defense".

Interesting point, I like that! Meta is unique in this game in that defense is left up to the AI.
    They make far more $ on ppl scrabling to chase the meta then they would if almost any toon farmed for free worked.

Also a good point, and a sad one. More $$ to be made by funneling the meta towards harder to earn characters.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Yup :(
  • Options
    I'm actually glad there's variety of Leaders now. That's 3 leads and the occasional other. Just a month ago my server was all QGJ. Now I'm seeing HK, Dooku, Phasma and one Chirpa :3
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually glad there's variety of Leaders now. That's 3 leads and the occasional other. Just a month ago my server was all QGJ. Now I'm seeing HK, Dooku, Phasma and one Chirpa :3

Agreed, thats the other reason i dont understand folks crying about it lol.