Riddle me This:

So... Trying to be efficient in TW, I send in Farmboy + Enfys against a G11-12 Phoenix team with Sabine instead of Chopper. Checked mods. No big deal. Done it countless times.

Their Zeb: 66.9% potency

My Enfys: 141.01% tenacity BEFORE Farmboy lead.

Total is 186.01 vs 66.9%

Hera uses Play to Strengths, boosting Zeb to 116.9%.

Dazes Nest. Fight over.

Cannot fathom how that's even mathematically possible. STILL approx 70% behind on P/T check. There's no way that should have happened.

Replies

• Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    No need to undersize and be ultra efficient in TW

You just need to keep 5 toons alive

There's always a 15% chance to land a debuff and 70% means 3 out of 10 times, Nest will be dazed
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ..... Uh backwards. Nest has 70% more tenacity. And it's a base chance to resist. Not apply.

100P vs 100T = 15% chance to resist
    115P vs 100T = 15% chance to resist
    200P vs 0T = 15% chance to resist

It's the entire reason a high Tenacity z Nest can counter so many teams even on her own.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    ..... Uh backwards. Nest has 70% more tenacity. And it's a base chance to resist. Not apply.

It's the entire reason a high Tenacity z Nest can counter so many teams even on her own.
    Oh my bad. Its been a while so I thought there was always the same chance to resist and apply.

Hope @scuba is still around to answer this
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Oh my bad. Its been a while so I thought there was always the same chance to resist and apply.

Hope @scuba is still around to answer this

Looks right to me

Chance to resist = defenders tenacity - attacker potency

Chance to resist can't go below 15%
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    So... Trying to be efficient in TW, I send in Farmboy + Enfys against a G11-12 Phoenix team with Sabine instead of Chopper. Checked mods. No big deal. Done it countless times.

Their Zeb: 66.9% potency

My Enfys: 141.01% tenacity BEFORE Farmboy lead.

Total is 186.01 vs 66.9%

Hera uses Play to Strengths, boosting Zeb to 116.9%.

Dazes Nest. Fight over.

Cannot fathom how that's even mathematically possible. STILL approx 70% behind on P/T check. There's no way that should have happened.

Sadly 69.11% chance to resist is not a 100% chance to resist. RNG will be RNG and will get you sometimes.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Except the first 119% of my Nest's tenacity cancels out all of Zeb's potency + Hera's 50% boost. The remaining 69% is just excess that wasn't needed.

Like I said, it's the entire reason people build a high Tenacity Nest. This should not have happened.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Except the first 119% of my Nest's tenacity cancels out all of Zeb's potency + Hera's 50% boost. The remaining 69% is just excess that wasn't needed.

Like I said, it's the entire reason people build a high Tenacity Nest. This should not have happened.

You had 69% more tenacity than their potency, meaning you had a 69% chance of resisting not 100%.
  • Options
    0d6ajg2dyhan.jpeg

If you’re wanting to go with Tenacity, you have to go all in. There’s no half-way, or the results will be unreliable more times than not.

There is also Hoda for good measure if ever in doubt.
  • Options
    Yeah, if Nest has to resist a debuff for you to win, you should probably check and make sure she has at least 100% more tenacity than they do potency. If you’ve done this countless times before, consider yourself lucky that you’ve been as successful as you have, as you should be losing about a third of the time.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

It doesn't cancel it out. It is a math formula

Chance to resist = 186.01 - 116.9 = 69.11%

So you only had a 69.11% chance to resist.

Works same with tenacity up. If you where some how able to boost potency to over 99900% (I think that is right number) you could overcome the tenacity and possibly apply a debuff.