Just got demolished by.... Ewoks

Prev1
Yup, it happened. It wasn't even close.

The highest I've ranked in arena is 30 (f2p, collect characters I want, don't aim for meta). My squad is far from maxed out, so I was suuuper happy to see an ewok team sitting at #25. I decided to go for their ewok elder the first round, who died on my final attack and was immediately auto-revived by Daka. Once chirpa gave his speed up and retribution, it was comical to watch them attack 4-5 times for every one I got off.

Oh well. I'll probably fall to around 50 - 60 overnight and try to crack #30 again tomorrow.

Replies

• Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    Ewok is the new killer team
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hmm, tough RNG. Probably need to go for Daka and Elder at the same time, finishing them off within a short timeframe.
    But still, RIP my man. :heartbreak:

EDIT: non-meta team only falling 20-30 spots overnight? What's your lucky charm?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks in action: https://youtu.be/C7hxyxMqTBY
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Muahaha
  • Options
    Lol, funny to watch that clip. Even running against the right 3 ewok team used to suck, have yet to face one with the Chief though. Side note: doesn't make much sense to me to have Dooku leading that team. Maybe with Yoda and RP also.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Now you know how the Empire felt
  • Options
    Revenge of the Ewoks, Episode 6.5
  • Options
    Just wait for Jawas :3
    4 Jawas and a droid- Dathcha, Jawa, Nebit, Engineer and HK47 bc apparently Engineer synergizes with droids :3
    Datamined skills
    Unique- a speed bonus from droids/Jawas
    Special- Summons random fallen droid and then heals all allies
    It's great Chirpa isn't Premium unlike Mr Shaman over there in Tuskens
  • Options
    Just wait for Jawas :3
    4 Jawas and a droid- Dathcha, Jawa, Nebit, Engineer and HK47 bc apparently Engineer synergizes with droids :3
    Datamined skills
    Unique- a speed bonus from droids/Jawas
    Special- Summons random fallen droid and then heals all allies
    It's great Chirpa isn't Premium unlike Mr Shaman over there in Tuskens

Id stick 86 and 88 instead of 47 and possibly Nebit depending on his stats.

• Options
    The HK47 is for nostalgia. Big KOTOR fan here lol. I already have the droids ready. Id like 4 Jawas just bc of Jawa pride. Ewoks according to data look like they're going to get a lot more members :<
  • Options

Free Daka revive is the new killer team.
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »

Good gracious
  • Options
    Everybody is gonna farm ewoks now
  • Options
    Watching an ewok team seems, to me, like the best representation of how this game and synergies SHOULD play out. The Ewoks don't hit very hard on average, so it takes many many attacks for them to beat a team... But slowly, surely, and surprisingly it happens. Facing a good team should make you say "wait, what just happened?" when you lose, but you shouldn't feel that way for losing in the first or second rounds, which happens all the time.
  • Options

Ewoks look fun, but aren't that farmable with 1 node for two of the most important toons.

Anyway, all that video showed was how OP the RG is.

• Options
    I'm not interested in using Ewoks myself since Elder and Scout are so difficult to farm, but I'd really like to see what a full Ewok team can do when a 5th Ewok is released. You face Ewok Warrior and Logray are in some of the PvE battles already so hopefully one of them will be released soon. The animations and character designs are already done, so tweaking abilities to make the character playable shouldn't be too complex.
  • Options
    I have ewok elder at 4* but didnt farm ewok scout lol :s
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

Ewoks look fun, but aren't that farmable with 1 node for two of the most important toons.

Anyway, all that video showed was how OP the RG is.

While the RG certainly shines (on any squad), this video is almost in slow motion - you can really pay attention to all the turn-meter manipulation going on with the Ewoks. The elder is practically back at 80% after his move the entire battle. I think you could use a flip-flop as a 5th member on the ewok team and it would still be viable
  • Options
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I have a "Brando" ewok team on my server - is that you, ya little bugger? Hehe. I also fight Reddrum85, droideka, Suu'baru, D Squared, and Jakkuu Bombassa all the time (I'm Heiko Rommelman - I used the name of my childhood judo instructor, always seemed like an appropriate Jedi name to me)
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I have a "Brando" ewok team on my server - is that you, ya little bugger? Hehe. I also fight Reddrum85, droideka, Suu'baru, D Squared, and Jakkuu Bombassa all the time (I'm Heiko Rommelman - I used the name of my childhood judo instructor, always seemed like an appropriate Jedi name to me)

Haha I was sitting at 25 today. ..and I'm the only one with ewoks so I'm assuming your talking about my team lol
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    I apologize. ..but I'm happy to see my fury friends are stirring up a litthe ruckus in the ranks!
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    I apologize. ..but I'm happy to see my fury friends are stirring up a litthe ruckus in the ranks!

I see you moved up a good bit from the 25-spot earlier today. Kudos! But you keep moving up and I may never catch ya to do battle again, hehe
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Options
    It is humbling.
  • Options

Dang them Ewoks did well.
  • Options
    Those Ewoks Nickel and Dimed that team to death. Very methodical and balanced the way the Elder kept healing in rhythm.
  • Options
    I hate ewoks I'll skip this meta...
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

This video should have "Yakkety Sax" (aka the Benny Hill song) playing.
  • Options

Free Daka revive is the new killer team.

What is "free Daka revive team"?
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

Ha ha, you may be on my server. I'm at 3 right now but will probably be at 1 or 2 in a bit, I'm not sure which one I want to sit at overnight yet. My name is SaintEater.

I have 4 ewokes. 7* elder and scout, 6* Teebo (just need credits to 7*, and a 4* almost 5*star chirpa. They are all sitting at gear 6. I've tried them out and I can win about the first 5 games in GW before they get destroyed. Maybe after the upcoming update they may be more viable, but at the top arena ranks they are not right now. The problem is that their speed is slow and even though they keep going once they go, by the time it's their turn you have a team of dead or half dead ewokes. Also, their turn meter manipulation hinges on ewoke elder too much. If he doesn't get his 50% turn meter gain they lose all their tempo and the other team gets to go and finish the job they started in the 1st round.