Giving Cara the Rebel Tag is a Mistake

Prev134
She was a rebel as in past tense! This would be equivalent to putting the Jedi Tag on Darth Vader or Count Dooku. They may have been at one point sure, but they are no longer jedi. Not once in the show is Cara a member of the Rebel Alliance and she should not be in game either.

Replies

• Options
    Hmm. Cara is Rebel but Rey isn't a Jedi?
    Are there any CG employees who actually watch star wars?
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    They just put whatever tags they want and leave off ones they don’t like as well. They make it up as they go.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    If Cara is a Rebel then Fulcrum is a Jedi...
    On the other hand, it could be interesting to see what she does with the faction. A strong addition to CLS means R2 or 3PO freed up for other teams, so I'm not against it. And there may be more for Rebels and Empire somewhere down the road.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    On the other hand, it could be interesting to see what she does with the faction. A strong addition to CLS means R2 or 3PO freed up for other teams, so I'm not against it. And there may be more for Rebels and Empire somewhere down the road.

aka potential Empire Strikes Back content for 40th?
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Options
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Hmm. Cara is Rebel but Rey isn't a Jedi?
    Are there any CG employees who actually watch star wars?

It's even more laughable when you take into consideration:
    1. Her capabilities.
    2. Things she said.
    3. Her inevitable role.
  • Options
    Rebels are short on good tanks....it's a common sense decision for balancing of the game. I'm sure the **** retentive people will get over it, lol.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    They are describing her as a rebel and scoundrel. The more tags she has, the better. Could have rebel, scoundrel, mando tags.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Seriously, what difference does it make? Don't use her with Rebels if you don't want to. Y'all dingdongs will complain about anything, I swear.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Seriously, what difference does it make? Don't use her with Rebels if you don't want to. Y'all dingdongs will complain about anything, I swear.

rknj0te7ymva.gif

....dingdongs....
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Giving Cara the Rebel Tag is a Mistake

tenor4.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    She was a rebel as in past tense! This would be equivalent to putting the Jedi Tag on Darth Vader or Count Dooku. They may have been at one point sure, but they are no longer jedi. Not once in the show is Cara a member of the Rebel Alliance and she should not be in game either.

Darth Vader was never a jedi. When Anakin became Vader he ceased being a Jedi and rose a Sith. I don't remember if Dooku was a count while a jedi though.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    I don't remember if Dooku was a count while a jedi though.
    In case anyone's wondering (and I know that you are), Dooku was not a count while he was a Jedi. After he left the order, he returned to his homeworld where he reclaimed his title and heritage as a nobleman. Source: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dooku

• Options
    If they apply faction tags in a way that's consistent with other characters, then she shouldn't have the Rebel tag. But personally, I think the more tags the better. Gimme options!
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    They just put whatever tags they want and leave off ones they don’t like as well. They make it up as they go.

You mean trying to balance power? Lets just give Malak, Revan and Traya Jedi tags as well.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Umm sounds like she stopped being a rebel when rebels stopped being a thing.

So shes still a memeber of the rebel alliance... it just stopped existing and she went to use her skills elsewhere.

Pretty sure rebels became the new republic and ditched their soldiers.

So again her last faction was rebels. She even says former imperials view her as one and dont like her
  • Options
    She kind of recommissioned herself when she took up the fight against the remnants of the Empire on Nevarro. And she was certainly a member of the rebel alliance in the eyes of Moff Gideon.
  • Options
    So basically it's alright with her Rebel Tag. C3PO got his Rebel and Resistance Tag too even tough there's no Rebel. But it's a History Tag and suits perfect for synergy with an Rebel-Team.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    exile038 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

You mean trying to balance power? Lets just give Malak, Revan and Traya Jedi tags as well.

Sort of like how GL Rey isn’t a Jedi

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Oh no! Guess it’s time to stop playing.
  • Options
    One toon got a faction tag that is arguably, but not undeniably, applicable?

SWGOH has jumped the shark, will have no players within a week after Cara Dune is released.
  • Options
    I dislike them taking liberties with this kind of thing, it's like if they gave Vet Han and Chewie the Rebel Tag. It's not accurate at the time the character is portrayed. Plus as a general rule I don't gear rebels in this game and I really like her character.
  • Options
    I dislike them taking liberties with this kind of thing, it's like if they gave Vet Han and Chewie the Rebel Tag. It's not accurate at the time the character is portrayed. Plus as a general rule I don't gear rebels in this game and I really like her character.

So the character that fought remnants of the empire in every episode we see her in could not possibly be considered a Rebel?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    WiseJedi wrote: »
    So basically it's alright with her Rebel Tag. C3PO got his Rebel and Resistance Tag too even tough there's no Rebel. But it's a History Tag and suits perfect for synergy with an Rebel-Team.

Great point. 3PO and R2 weren't GR, rebels and Resistance at the same time either. But it kind of fits since they seamlessly blended all 3 factions together as they became the property of Bail Organa when he created the Alliance from the remains of the Galactic Republic, and later were under Leia's command when she transformed the Alliance into the Resistance.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

All sorts of No lmao. Fulcrum is not a jedi. Let me refresh your memory

Ashoka: Then I will avenge his death...
    Vader: Revenge is not the Jedi way...
    Ashoka: .... I am no jedi!
  • Options
    Maybe they know something regarding the direction of the show and the character development that we don’t....
  • Options
    There are multiple valid ways to interpret characters and their tags.

Just because they go with one you disagree with doesn't mean they're making a mistake.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    One toon got a faction tag that is arguably, but not undeniably, applicable?

SWGOH has jumped the shark, will have no players within a week after Cara Dune is released.

*golf clap*
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

“I don’t gear Rebels, but I like Cara. Get rid of her Rebel Tag.” Sound logic.

I hear Luke’s a good character, but Rebel tag, so eeuuggh...
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    “I don’t gear Rebels, but I like Cara. Get rid of her Rebel Tag.” Sound logic.

I hear Luke’s a good character, but Rebel tag, so eeuuggh...
    It's not like she has any other usable tags explicitly mentioned in her kit. Like, say, Scoundrel. And it's not like there are good multi-tag characters who can roll with more than one category, making them flexible and useful as the game's lineup develops.

No, best to just delete that Rebel tag. :P
    Still not a he.
This discussion has been closed.