Support cant help with transferring account (technically possible but are not allowed)

Sorry for the long post, but it had to be that long to include what happened.

I contacted the support team as suggested by this https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/227672/facebook-linking-temporarily-removed.

the reason was i previusly used an account on an android device and when i switched to an ios device, the device along with the account, was given to my nephew, but i had the device linked to my new ios account no problem so i didnt have a problem.

Now after some months i am switching back to android and i needed assistance to transfer it back, but to a new account cause the old one is used daily by the kid as his main account.

i provided everything that was needed (account, playe ids and ally code) and asked them to either transfer it there or remove the entry of my old gmail account, so when the facebook link is back i could make the transfer alone and not bother them.

The advisor at first was nice and understood my issue and tried to help, we had a friendly tone. unforunately after plenty of time of trying to transfer my account back to a new google account (i have it now on IOS account and want to put it to anew google account as i dont have my old one anymore) i was told to wait an it would happen. i waited as much as i was asked and after that i was informed that while in the past it was possible, with the help of support, to transfer from an ios account to a new google account even if you had made an android to ios tranfer already, these days it is not possible, because the company changed the proccesses (and policies) for their reasons (it is still possible technically).

When i said that if i cant connect it with my new gmail, even if i somehow connect the the device with fb (when it will be available again) i wont be able to purchase anything and will be forced to become free to play or quit, i was told that they were sorry but thats how it is and that we cant forward a ticket to the proccess team.

Lastly i was told to share this case to the forums so that more people will read this and if many agree and ask for this then maybe id the proccess team notices it they might alter the proccesses a little and we might be able to do it again, else i should have to quit (and never play again, as after having a GAS account you cant erase all this time and start again).

So anyone else had similar issues?

Also i am hopping the thread will catch the eyes of the appropriate persons to help us all with this, as i seriously consider leaving the game i invested so much time in, forever.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    can you post your EA Help ticket number, or message CG_SBCrumb with that information to see if he can help
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    can you post your EA Help ticket number, or message CG_SBCrumb with that information to see if he can help

Of course, ticket number was #58854140
  • Options
    I have a Similar issue. Following
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @DarthDub do you have an open ticket number?
  • Options

i have posted the ticket number and sent a pm to CG_SBCrumb and i havent had any feedback yet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    aggelosteo wrote: »

i have posted the ticket number and sent a pm to CG_SBCrumb and i havent had any feedback yet.

I will ping him when hes in the office.
  • Options
    I'm in a similar position. It would be best if they would just fix the Facebook Connect and then these issues would go away. Is there any ETA on fixing it?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm in a similar position. It would be best if they would just fix the Facebook Connect and then these issues would go away. Is there any ETA on fixing it?

No ETA yet.