Minor QoL Update

This is a very minor thing, but it would be really nice to have a setting where we can turn off the pack ads. When I log in each day, I am greeted by 2 things, my daily login rewards and a pop-up ad for whatever ridiculous pack is currently being sold. And then, when I tap the X to say I dont want this, then it gets put on the side of my screen and takes priority over Guild Events such as TW or TB.

What is your opinion on this?

Replies

• Options
    I wouldn't expect them to spend time doing something that would likely reduce their revenue. Unless you'd like to pay a little $ for the ability to eliminate the advertising... they might consider THAT. 💁🏻 Gotta monetize the demonitization.
  • Options
    @mellamoroberto

At this point, the only two things I think I'd be willing to pay any more money for in this game is a chance to skip ads and an in-box reminder to join GAC. I've missed a round 3 separate times now.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    op, you get a pop-up ad every day?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

This. I didn't think that was a thing. Sure they happen, but as far as I remember, its a handful a year.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This. I didn't think that was a thing. Sure they happen, but as far as I remember, its a handful a year.

Lol. I understand you have to defend cg. But don't deny that they put pop-up ads about packs or bundles or whatever you call them, almost every day.
    I'll help you find a better defense: it only takes a second to touch the X and close it, and nobody is forced to buy. Another one: if that helps fund the game so that we can be f2p, just touch the X and forget about it.
  • Options

Lol. I understand you have to defend cg. But don't deny that they put pop-up ads about packs or bundles or whatever you call them, almost every day.
    I'll help you find a better defense: it only takes a second to touch the X and close it, and nobody is forced to buy. Another one: if that helps fund the game so that we can be f2p, just touch the X and forget about it.

I totally agree with you there. I dont really mind the pop-ups as much because as you said, it takes a second to close it. But I dont like the notification that goes on the right side of the screen and takes priority over TBs and TWs. It usually takes a Discord message from my guildmates to even realize that there is a guild event happening.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I, for one, can easily deny that there are pop-up ads about packs or bundles or whatever you call them almost every single day.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Yeah, this isn't true.
    Nice exaggeration though,
    Bar the written bit.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    When I log in each day, I am greeted by 2 things, my daily login rewards and a pop-up ad for whatever ridiculous pack is currently being sold.

There are other mobile games throwing much more pop-ups at you when log-in. One pop-up is really nothing.
  • Options
    I dont like the notification that goes on the right side of the screen and takes priority over TBs and TWs.

Yep. I hate having the right side of my screen, which is supposed to be for important announcements, things you have to pay attention to, cluttered up with Hyperdrive Bundle and other for-sale icons.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I am not defending anyone, I am telling you that without a doubt I do not have pop ups every day. Not even close. Not even once a week. And additionally not even once a month.

Do we get popups, yes. I only see them maybe 5-10 a year.

I hope this is clear enough for you.