The Hyperdrive bundle

I really don’t like the stupid hyperdrive bundle because it kills all free to play and it forces you to buy something that (in my honest opinion) is severely overpriced and it’s like spitting on the entire free to play community because why spend the amount of time we’ve spent trying to get all of these character, challenges ect. when you could just give you money away and speed past everyone without doing a thing and you get a HUGE advantage over free to play players in things such as grand arena and squad arena. (I have been wanting to rant about this for so long now)

Replies

• TVF
    36830 posts Member
    Options
    Disagree
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Some people just don't have the time for the grind.. others realise what a great deal the Hyperdrive bundle actually is. To each their own.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Disagree

Shocked
  • Options
    Overpriced? It provides far more value per dollar than anything else offered in the store, by far. Even if you have all the characters at 5* already. So much gear.

But yeah, $100 for something in a game you play on your phone can seem a bit pricey if you're more focused on the dollar amount than the value relative to other in-game offerings.
  • Options
    I really don’t like the stupid hyperdrive bundle because it kills all free to play and it forces you to buy something that (in my honest opinion) is severely overpriced and it’s like spitting on the entire free to play community because why spend the amount of time we’ve spent trying to get all of these character, challenges ect. when you could just give you money away and speed past everyone without doing a thing and you get a HUGE advantage over free to play players in things such as grand arena and squad arena. (I have been wanting to rant about this for so long now)

I bought the hyperdrive bundle as a newer player back in December, it has saved me a huge amount of time. If I hadn’t bought it I would still be about a year away from the content I am able to engage with now. It’s not for everyone and it is expensive, however it doesn’t give you any advantage in GAC (in some cases it bloats your GP and actually puts you at a disadvantage over a more focused roster). Squad arena is a different matter I agree it does allow you to form some good teams off the bat which can dominate the early months of a young shard.

As for being a ‘kick in the teeth’ to a f2p player I think that’s a little extreme. Unless you have a very well established account/very young shard you aren’t really in with a chance to compete as a f2p player in a pvp context regardless of wether the hyperdrive bundle exists or not. In terms of PvE it just saves you time it doesn’t give you an edge over anyone else.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Disagree

Elaborate