Characters from KOTOR 1 & 2

Sice71
63 posts Member
edited April 2020
So I am finally getting to plar KOTOR on my brothers X-Box and I'm wondering. We have the main playable heros plus Darth Revan and Malak, but, why don't you take advantage of all the other NPC heros in the game like Yuthura Ban, Vrook Lamar, Uthar Wynn, Trask Ulgo, Saul Karath, Davik Kang, Darth Bandon, Calo Nord, Bendak Starkiller, Aric Jorgan Ajunta Pall, Dorak, Zhar Lestin, Aleco Stusea, Qual, Bala Nisi, Vandar Tokare and Exar Kun and I haven't even started KOTOR 2 yet, but, I'm sure there are NPC's in there we can get. And before anyone really tries to say, well, they are not really canon, how about Darth Plagius the Wise that Sidious talks about in Episode 3, we don't have him and he is canon.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    And the main cast of kotor 2 isn't even in the game let alone all the side characters that would be great the OR/SE factions would be as large or close to the current GR faction
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    They may revisit KOTOR 1&2 in future. Should be around Q3/Q4 where this can happen. They talked about it in a Q&A a time ago. I think it was the december one and they said "No KOTOR content planned for the next 7 months :)".
    I would love to get more KOTOR 2 stuff and building up towards SW:ToR stuff aswell.
  • Options
    Sice71 wrote: »
    So I am finally getting to plar KOTOR on my brothers X-Box and I'm wondering. We have the main playable heros plus Darth Revan and Malak, but, why don't you take advantage of all the other NPC heros in the game like Yuthura Ban, Vrook Lamar, Uthar Wynn, Trask Ulgo, Saul Karath, Davik Kang, Darth Bandon, Calo Nord, Bendak Starkiller, Aric Jorgan Ajunta Pall, Dorak, Zhar Lestin, Aleco Stusea, Qual, Bala Nisi, Vandar Tokare and Exar Kun and I haven't even started KOTOR 2 yet, but, I'm sure there are NPC's in there we can get. And before anyone really tries to say, well, they are not really canon, how about Darth Plagius the Wise that Sidious talks about in Episode 3, we don't have him and he is canon.

1. That's a lot of syllables that mean nothing to many people.

2. Game balance - you can't release too many characters quickly, we've just had GLs and soon Mando stuff.

2b. Game balance - more toons with tags from that era could be game breaking OR could make the new toons less worthwhile in an effort to avoid this.

4. They said so. See Akenno's comment.

Not trying to veto the idea, just speculating on why they may not be deceloped.

• Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Well, seeing as the videos I've been watching on Youtube, talking about the average or F2P players will probably never even get a GL Rey or Kylo Ren, makes me sick. I know they are in the business to make money, but, they don't have to make it where only people with money or whales can get the good heros.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well, seeing as the videos I've been watching on Youtube, talking about the average or F2P players will probably never even get a GL Rey or Kylo Ren, makes me sick. I know they are in the business to make money, but, they don't have to make it where only people with money or whales can get the good heros.

That statement is wildly misleading and on a whole short sighted and inaccurate.

That statement is only using the current state of things, which will change.

- we will see more income of materials as time goes on.
    - there are average and F2P players that have been here since day 1 or the first 6 months, or 1st year.... and there are some that just started last week. putting them all together in that statement makes it misleading and incorrect for some portion of those players.
    - this game is not and has never been P2W, nothing is catered only to people with money or whales. The first release is always quicker and easier to get with $$, that is the point, but everything becomes easier to get as time goes on. Everything just takes time and focus.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

That statement is wildly misleading and on a whole short sighted and inaccurate.

- there are average and F2P players that have been here since day 1 or the first 6 months, or 1st year.... and there are some that just started last week. putting them all together in that statement makes it misleading and incorrect for some portion of those players.
    - this game is not and has never been P2W, nothing is catered only to people with money or whales. The first release is always quicker and easier to get with $$, that is the point, but everything becomes easier to get as time goes on. Everything just takes time and focus.

Kyno, will you tell the devs that I haven’t spent any money in awhile, but if They implement more KOTOR 2 characters I will cash out my savings and take out a second mortgage.
  • Options
    Please, please, please no. For the love of goodness and light, no. I sat through pretty much a year of someone named Revan that I couldn't give to **** about being the number one team in this **** game and I'm tired of it. I'd rather see Kylos and Reys that I probably can't beat for miles and miles than look at another character from 2 games that were made 20 years ago that I and a lot of other people didn't play
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Really Eweff, there is no need for rude comments like this. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Really Eweff, there is no need for rude comments like this. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all
    ????
  • Options
    talking about cashing out your savings and taking out a second mortgage sounded sarcastic
  • Options
    Please, please, please no. For the love of goodness and light, no. I sat through pretty much a year of someone named Revan that I couldn't give to **** about being the number one team in this **** game and I'm tired of it. I'd rather see Kylos and Reys that I probably can't beat for miles and miles than look at another character from 2 games that were made 20 years ago that I and a lot of other people didn't play

This.
  • Options

For the love of god no, why should I face some emo kid named kylo and some miss perfect Rey for the next year? When characters from my beloved games could replace them, oh wait lot of people like and dislike different characters so just because u don't like them it don't mean they shouldn't be added

Number of people who likes Kylo and Rey is far greater then number of people who even playede KOTOR. And then add all of us who dislike Kylo and Rey to that and you easily conclude that KOTOR had it's spotlight with revans and it probably wont ever come back
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Content whise, KOTOR and SWTOR will be better and more to add/monetize than Rey/Kylo.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This, I've spent $10 in the last 3+ years that I've played this game for some crystals, for refreshes, for royal guard... for the R2 event... the first R2 event.. fun times; but I digress. I consider myself a free to play, I'm currently finishing Hux and sith trooper and then going after GL Kylo, still a ways to go because of tickets but the guy can solo all the raids, well almost sith raid... thats worth my free to play time for myself anyways.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Options

This.

And This.
  • Options
    5tnelz3f1yrt.jpg

I'm a huge Kotor fan, but even I'm having difficulty remembering half of those NPCs you listed. They're akin to Bistan or that Shakala lizard man where if I saw a picture of them I might recognize them, but that's about it.

It'd be legit if they gave us the rest of the Kotor 2 crew with their variants: Kreia, Atton Rand, Bao-Dur, G0-T0, Hanharr, Mandalore, Mira, Brianna. We already have Visas Marr, we just need the rest of the crew.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    talking about cashing out your savings and taking out a second mortgage sounded sarcastic
    Lol nope. I was being very serious