Tips on how to get better

Hello I'm currently lvl 45, but I can't seem to find a way to gain strong characters. Any advice on how to do so?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Did you register to swgoh.gg? If you want specific help please post a link to your profile on swgoh.gg. If you want general advice check out the guides post here in this sub forum.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Read some guides or watch some videos about the various paths available. Pick a character from the Journey Guide to aim for first and work on the requirements for it. Spend crystals on energy refreshes to level up faster and to collect the gear and shards needed to achieve the goal you selected. Rinse and repeat. When you hit level 50, research mods and never ever neglect them. Make sure you get all your daily activities done every day. Join a real guild rather than the starter guilds they automatically put you in. As you progress, don’t be afraid to move up in the guild world — in most cases your first guild should not be your last.
  • Options
    MiniBruno wrote: »
    Hello I'm currently lvl 45, but I can't seem to find a way to gain strong characters. Any advice on how to do so?

It's basically simple. At level 45, you're just getting started. The best characters will come later. Just be patient. In the meantime ... pick a faction.

Phoenix: Tried and true team to farm, able to unlock Palpatine and Thrawn
    Separatists: Just as good, and IMHO better, than Phoenix, able to unlock Padme.
    Bounty Hunters: Very versatile team, easy to farm, and about to get some love soon. Able to unlock Chewbacca
    First Order: Versatile team, able to solo heroic rancor raid to get Han Solo, and Able to unlock BB8.
    Empire: Practically handed to you, so it's the easiest to farm. Used in unlocking R2D2.
    Rebels: A descent team which can help you set things up to unlock Commander Luke when the time comes.
    Rogue One: An interesting team that has potential, and has uses in the Light Side Hoth TB.
    Resistance: Not as good as the others, but possible if you want a jump start on unlocking JTR asap.
    Jedi: Possibly the best early team if you get Bastila quickly. Used in unlocking Grand Master Yoda.

Of these factions, you can unlock most of them easily from the various stores in the game.

As the others have suggested, watch a few of the vids on Youtube which go into details on how and who to farm, do your daily missions keep upgrading and using your mods, and get into a good guild. Register with swgoh.gg asap as as Waqui suggested. It's a very useful website with lots of invaluable information.

Lord Grahck
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Depending on your budget (Hyperdrive?), I would focus on squads that are able to clear the way in light side, dark side and fleet battles, in order to have access to the characters you'll need.

Personally I like to go after characters I'm excited about, because in the end, the meta wheel will keep on turning, and my faves will be on top every once in awhile.

To progress faster you might consider keeping a raiding squad in your sights, as being able to down the raids will be an important source of gear for your collection.
  • Options
    yeah, at level 45 the total amount of experience and credits and shards and training droids you've earned is - except for shards, with all your fee characters and such - not even worth what you'll earn in 2 days at level 85.

So however far you feel like you've fallen behind? It's not more than a couple days in the long run. LordGrahck has it right: you have to pick a faction on which to focus.

These days, I would focus on Geonosians. All Geos are also Separatists, so this is basically agreeing with LordGrahck's assessment that they are the best early faction. Except I'm emphasizing Geos because they are the Separatists that drive the fleet. Even without the Separatist's capital ship (the Malevolence) you can do a lot of damage in fleet arena with Geo ships as your starting fleet + the Executrix capital ship (from the Empire faction, commanded by Grand Off Tarkin). If you start on Geonosians now, you'll have a jump start in fleet arena when you begin those fights at Level 60.

Since you can't get Brood Alpha until you meet the minimum level for Tier8 Cantina Battles --which is level 83 -- bringing along your Nute Gunray and General Grievous is always a good idea.

There are lots of other more complex tutorials that consider multiple aspects of the game at once, but at level 45 just focussing on Geos is a great idea.
  • Options
    To add to LordGrahck's on Bounty Hunters, they're good for heists which you'll appreciate. You will yearn for credits.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    look for strong allies, there are threads here with people willing to share their best toons. this will allow you to beat missions you couldn't beat on you own. I would start with phoenix still, bc I think geos are harder to farm in the beginning, but not positive. phoenix will help you get thrawn and EP, but seriously just google. I wish I had known more back when I started bc things are not intuitive. glgl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Don't neglect mods. The best squad in the game is a big old poopy diaper if it doesn't have good mods.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png