Should nameless toons be good in new meta?

2Milly_htowm
215 posts Member
edited March 2016
Using GS to take down jedi?
Using HRScout to snipe the emperor?
Love seeing RG take 5 lightsabers and still live?

So we know GS and HRScout and Royal Guard are some of the toons that arent specific, but the frontline grunts of the big armies.

Ugnaught, tusken raider, ewok scout, stormtrooper, resistance pilot, mob enforcer, ect

Theyre all toons who dont own specific in depth characters.

So here, we see some that suck, like Ugnaught, but some that are actually really good, like GS, HRScout, royal guard, resistance trooper, FOTP, ect.

With the new meta change, i fell that the devs will weaken some of these nameless toons that weve come to love. Do u think it would be right to weaken them just because they are nameless?

I will say this: i have a 4k power GS and 5k power HRScout so i would not like to see them nerfed

Should nameless toons be good in new meta? 55 votes

Nameless toons should still be GOOD if they are good now and should be up against the famous heroes and villains
76%
scubaJ7000cosmicturtle333BarrokPreemo_MaginFantazyjeremyj26HBOMBCOKFISTLordStylingFoojunit900000Calus_78HeezyyyyDrpPnts4FoodYarzahnTwoThumbedBobKelsodarth_mol_elizaInternetSwagJenkins152Milly_htowm 42 votes
Nameless toons should NOT be good and the only reason they were good is because the devs didnt know they were gonna be this good in the current meta
23%
KingRyan17kozakjanosPrimeTimeMasterOneHitbenacrowGiranKenorEricsonXToonnySocceanPardeyGirLKobiZanhaepIAmException 13 votes

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nameless toons should still be GOOD if they are good now and should be up against the famous heroes and villains
    The name of the character should be irrelevant. In the star wars universe, Vader never fought Anakin (same person), Rey never fought yoda.. etc etc. This game isn't about staying loyal to the story. It's a friggin game!
  • Options
    Why would they even put them in if they were intended to be useless. Battle Droids killed jedi so why can't GS or even a Ewok? Ewoks defeated luke, han, chewy, etc. Only two be tricked by C3PO into thinking he's God.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Options
    Whats the point of HAVING characters if they are useless in the game? Every toon should be viable. Ideally all of them would be equally good.
  • Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »
    Whats the point of HAVING characters if they are useless in the game? Every toon should be viable. Ideally all of them would be equally good.
    Barrok wrote: »
    The name of the character should be irrelevant. In the star wars universe, Vader never fought Anakin (same person), Rey never fought yoda.. etc etc. This game isn't about staying loyal to the story. It's a friggin game!

Well ones like Snowtrooper and clone sgt are kinda only used when u first get the game other than that they suck
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Finn was a fo stormtrooper and Rey was a scavenger
  • Options
    Why would they even put them in if they were intended to be useless. Battle Droids killed jedi so why can't GS or even a Ewok? Ewoks defeated luke, han, chewy, etc. Only two be tricked by C3PO into thinking he's God.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    What's it matter if they're named or not? If nameless toons were all poop would you bother farming or collecting them? Probably not. Then in that case why bother having them cos everyone would only go for named toons because they're 'better'

The aim of the tweaks is to add balance so instead of having 10 viable toons that you see in every arena and GW team now hopefully there will be 30, 40 maybe even 50 viable toons and not nerf nameless toons which would be a pointless exercise
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Every character is balanced, there is no and should not be any superior characters. Checks and balances is what we currently have and continue to need.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »

Well ones like Snowtrooper and clone sgt are kinda only used when u first get the game other than that they suck

Not true at all.
  • Options
    Wow, that would be a terrible idea.... So my sidious should therefore one shot precious little noob Rey with her useless little stick. I'm gonna quit if viable characters become totally obsolete... Phasma shooting at Yoda, haha, let me just destroy you in record time. (grover chuckle)... All the time and money people have invested in characters, and suddenly they become useless because Jedi and sith should be able to destroy FOTP... Lol... Let me reiterate... Terrible....
  • Options
    You want a balanced game, no?
    Besides, popular toons are already getting favored treatment.
    Windu and Tano got reworks, I don't see any nameless toons getting reworks other than RG and even then, I suspect that was more of a cash grab than anything else.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    If we stayed true to lore this game wouldn't be fun and remember this is a game in a game. The people in the cantina probably know they shouldn't overpower these characters and have some no names to keep things exciting. They also might have not heard everything about these characters and give them skills to their liking.
    Whoever owns this Cantina must be rich.
  • Options
    You think a story is only about the main chars. I think every race has more impact than single chars. In every single game there are key people but they never win alone or per se. Eg. In each and every game killing the Death Star requires armies of all races to destroy it before it gets destroyed.

I am sorry your life is limited to celebs and the icons before a more profound group effort with millions of life's risked at each side.

Mhh, time to check Celebs.com, brb. Surely something more important than posting requires my attention. Bye.
  • Options
    The premise of this game isn't the actual Royal Guard vs Anakin etc. It is a holotable chess like game using pieces that represent characters. It's a game within a game. No named characters have to be good.