New starter, would love some guidance please

Hi all

I am about two weeks in to the game, level 55. Now that I am caught up on the forums it is clear I haven't properly followed any clear path to team development unfortunately.

I do have some decent toons, having dedicated time and a small amount of $$ to the game. I am having a lot of fun, but have hit a wall - only made it through Galactic War twice and struggling to stay in the top 1000 squad arena spots.

My profile is here. https://swgoh.gg/p/126271238/

Would appreciate any help.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

You should leave that starter guild and find a real guild instead. Preferably a guild with high activity and that does at least rancor raids on heroic tier (maybe also tank raid). Aim for a guild with at least 30-50 million GP. Also take one of your characters to 7* ASAP to be able to participate in those raids.

Did you read one of the farming guides for new players? The standard recommendation is to farm a team of 5 Phoenix (leave Sabine for later) to unlock EP and Thrawn, an Empire team to unlock R2D2 and then Old Ben, Leia, ST Han and Farm boy to unlock CLS.
    2 of the Phoenix and Old Ben are jedi as well. With two more jedi you will be able to unlock GM Yoda. Jolee and Bastilla are usually recommended since you will need them (much) later to unlock JKR.
    You will need some scoundrels for credit heists as well. ST Han and Boba are great. 4* Chewie will suffice.

At level 60 you will be able to unlock fleet arena and combats. You will need some pilots for that.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    You should leave that starter guild and find a real guild instead. Preferably ......... You will need some pilots for that.

Thanks, thats really helpful. I am wondering if at this point I should skip the majority of Phoenix and struggle through without them? Am I too close to mid-game to bother trying to fix that part of my broken start?

Can you recommend good pilots to focus on?

Thanks
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    You should leave that starter guild and find a real guild instead. Preferably ......... You will need some pilots for that.

Thanks, thats really helpful. I am wondering if at this point I should skip the majority of Phoenix and struggle through without them? Am I too close to mid-game to bother trying to fix that part of my broken start?

Can you recommend good pilots to focus on?

Thanks

If you want to unlock Palpatine you will need a team of 5 rebels. Phoenix are rebels as well. If you want to unlock Thrawn you will need a team of 5 Phoenix. Thrawn and Palpatine are both empire characters and will help you unlock R2D2 which is required to unlock Commander Luke Skywalke. Unlocking CLS is the first major milestone if you choose the Phoenix path. If you aim at unlocking CLS, Phoenix really is the way to go - even if you are already at level 55.
    Furthermore, 2 of the Phoenix are jedi as well and will help you unlock GM Yoda. Oh, and their ships are OK starter ships and fit well with a rebel fleet once you unlock Han's Falcon.

Alternatively farm separatists (primarily) and then Galactic republic characters to build a Padmé team. The Padmé team will probably serve you well for a long time in squad arena.

Tie Silencer, Phantom, Ghost, Biggs are all great starter ships for fleet arena. If you choose the separatist route then the 3 geonosian ships have great synergy. JC's ship does well mid game and Ahsoka's ship does well in both mud and late game. A major milestone would be to collect 5 dark side non-capital ships at at least 4* and 8 of any alignment at 5* to gain access to the zeta ability materials challenge.