Progress?

In the recent Q&A, there were a lot of questions about different things being added, i.e. sandbox mode, single player raids, character reworks, Clone Wars S7 content, etc. and CG responded to all of them with an answer similar to: "Thats an interesting idea, but we have no plans to work on that".

In a previous Q&A, CG also said that they have plans that stretch out about a year, with ideas reaching 2-3 years? (I dont remember exactly). So, if CG doesnt have any plans for any of the stuff that was asked about, then what exactly do they have plans for? What is the next stage for this game?

Replies

• Options
    As others have said, they don't use the Q&A to announce specific new content. They did say that they were working on a new game mode that would provide more to do for all players than a new raid would (which would presumably be tougher than HSTR, and therefore eliminate new players and lesser guilds from the possibility of completing it).

While they're not saying what this new thing is that would be accessible to everyone, they have also said in someplace or other (can't remember where) that the new thing they're working on would allow you to use your entire roster.

What does that mean? We don't know, but since they don't announce specifics in Q&A, the next hint will likely come in a Road Ahead post, and then when the game mode is more-or-less ready, they'll make a separate, specific announcement for that.

There is of course much speculation - an advanced Galactic War, vehicle combat, and more have been mentioned - but you'll have to wait for 1st of the month type announcements to get more details. We can hope we'll get the next hint in just a couple days, but I'm thinking they won't do it that soon. They'll have some May4th temporary events (double drops and whatever) and they probably won't want to clutter the schedule too much.

So I expect the next bit of info to drop June 1, with a more specific announcement of the "Get ready, this is coming," type coming somewhere later in June or during July.

That's just a guess, of course, no one knows what's happening until CG announces it, but I don't think you'll get better guesses from anyone else.
  • Options
    As others have said, they don't use the Q&A to announce specific new content. They did say that they were working on a new game mode that would provide more to do for all players than a new raid would (which would presumably be tougher than HSTR, and therefore eliminate new players and lesser guilds from the possibility of completing it).

While they're not saying what this new thing is that would be accessible to everyone, they have also said in someplace or other (can't remember where) that the new thing they're working on would allow you to use your entire roster.

What does that mean? We don't know, but since they don't announce specifics in Q&A, the next hint will likely come in a Road Ahead post, and then when the game mode is more-or-less ready, they'll make a separate, specific announcement for that.

There is of course much speculation - an advanced Galactic War, vehicle combat, and more have been mentioned - but you'll have to wait for 1st of the month type announcements to get more details. We can hope we'll get the next hint in just a couple days, but I'm thinking they won't do it that soon. They'll have some May4th temporary events (double drops and whatever) and they probably won't want to clutter the schedule too much.

So I expect the next bit of info to drop June 1, with a more specific announcement of the "Get ready, this is coming," type coming somewhere later in June or during July.

That's just a guess, of course, no one knows what's happening until CG announces it, but I don't think you'll get better guesses from anyone else.

I usually dont pay much attention to The Road Ahead, I might need to go back and read some of them. Thank you for your response, its nice to have a general timeline, even if it is just guesses :)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Whatever it is, the next big thing is a scalable content since they consider raids=end game content on hold. And since they also denied sandbox pvp, it's probably a new pve mode.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    It really seems like they change the priority towards this new stuff. Really looking forward to the Road Ahead.
    If it is not good, it may be the end until they do our stuff.
    This feature really determine the future of this game.
  • Options
    For me, the new Mandalorian content makes it hard to guess what they may have planned since we were told they did not have plans to add them anytime soon, not that long ago.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    For me, the new Mandalorian content makes it hard to guess what they may have planned since we were told they did not have plans to add them anytime soon, not that long ago.

in that case it was one of those answers that was followed by a meeting...... they should have done that the other way around, but we have all been there.
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    It really seems like they change the priority towards this new stuff. Really looking forward to the Road Ahead.

Actually, if they simply upped the GAC and TW frequency 5× the community would probably shut up. The 2 funnest game modes have this paltry spread over a month.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

in that case it was one of those answers that was followed by a meeting...... they should have done that the other way around, but we have all been there.

There is me Mandalorian content? I thought it was just characters.
  • Options
    Just characters. Some people consider that "content" and some people don't. Think about a pencil & paper role-playing game. If they introduced a booklet with a new character class, would that be new content? Pretty much everyone would say yes. But a new character in SWGOH? A lot of people say no.

There are various reasons for this, and I'm not saying I entirely disagree with the folks who say "no" (or entirely agree with the folks who say "yes"), but you should be aware that what is content to one person isn't necessarily content to another - including you.

So Kyo probably meant characters, but to Kyno that is new content. There isn't a conflict there unless you two are defining "content" differently ... which you do appear to be doing.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I know not everyone thinks this is content but I really enjoy the new levels of the assualt battles and that tier 2 especially requires a little bit of work to get it right.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

Actually, if they simply upped the GAC and TW frequency 5× the community would probably shut up. The 2 funnest game modes have this paltry spread over a month.

5x????

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

the two least funnest imo, especially considering the rewards vs time required
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t like GAC or TW either. Prefer TB.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I think it's a bit hard to say right now if a new raid would only cater to the top percentage of players. I'm only in a mid level guild on one of my accounts, barely 100 mil GP, and I get maybe twenty minutes to play before HSTR is swept by the top ten players of the guild. A new raid would likely still cater to everyone from mid to end game, especially because it'll have tiers like the other raids probably, so even low level guilds could enjoy the content and potentially get rare and powerful rewards since a new raid could mean an entirely new chunk of gear, currency, and materials accessible for the masses.

So basically, I see the point a lot of people are making, but I disagree and think they should've stuck to the raid they had planned because I believe it'll cater to more tastes than some people think. But I also think if this next content is a slam dunk (fingers crossed), then I won't mind a slight delay. My disappointment will only get really bad if they slowed or cancelled a good raid for trash content.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    as afew have said above, in the general sense or in a general conversation, to me, yes it is content. if you look at the game from 0-100% of where any player is now and where they started I would say that above 75% of what they have interacted (gearing, planning, theory crafting, and other none game play things) with in that time is characters.

I also think that while this is a fair question, relating the long timeline they have said they have to the answers in the QA that were answered with "not at this time" doesn't really correlate. I wouldn't think that not at this time, is in reference to the 3-5 year plan they have mentioned, but more just on the immediate plan and what is actually in the works.

they have discussed the long term plan is very "fuzzy" and as things get discussed and approach things they clear up and add more details. example would be- if they had May 4th noted on the calendar last year, they may not have had ESB as a direct thing being focused on.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    as afew have said above, in the general sense or in a general conversation, to me, yes it is content. if you look at the game from 0-100% of where any player is now and where they started I would say that above 75% of what they have interacted (gearing, planning, theory crafting, and other none game play things) with in that time is characters.

I also think that while this is a fair question, relating the long timeline they have said they have to the answers in the QA that were answered with "not at this time" doesn't really correlate. I wouldn't think that not at this time, is in reference to the 3-5 year plan they have mentioned, but more just on the immediate plan and what is actually in the works.

they have discussed the long term plan is very "fuzzy" and as things get discussed and approach things they clear up and add more details. example would be- if they had May 4th noted on the calendar last year, they may not have had ESB as a direct thing being focused on.

I like this way of describing it, and I'm sure you're right and they just don't look as far ahead. But from a PR standpoint it would be really nice if they just outright said something along those lines so your hardworking damage control isn't my main source or reassurance Kyno. They're the company, they plan these things, and also when they do have meetings like with Mando content post Q&A, they never bother to post an update or clarify something the community complains about. Their communication is abhorrent and that's why I get so disappointed when they say something as serious as "no plans at this time" so off the cuff with no elaboration.
  • Options
    But a new character in SWGOH? A lot of people say no.

For me - new characters are new "content" if you can actually do anything with them without paying a ridiculous amount of money to make them viable.

As it stands...they're just 3 star portraits I cant do anything with. So not meaningful content.