Fix the join for GAC

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Overboss wrote: »
    Why do people not want a confirmation button?
    It helps those that might join by accident and has no effect on anyone else.
    It's not particularly difficult to code either.

I just don't see what difference a confirmation button would make. If you aren't ready but think you are a confirmation button makes no difference.

I dont have any problem with it, but I don't want som lame excuse from CG later saying they couldn't give us a new raid cause they gave us a confirmation button.

The thread is about accidentally joining, either out of reflex or because they were trying to view the previous match, and not having the right roster upgrades or mods. That would be fixed greatly by a "Join Grand Arena?"
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

I just don't see what difference a confirmation button would make. If you aren't ready but think you are a confirmation button makes no difference.

I dont have any problem with it, but I don't want som lame excuse from CG later saying they couldn't give us a new raid cause they gave us a confirmation button.

And this right here is an example of not understanding the difference between a small UI tweak and a major development undertaking.

I could drive to Sacramento tomorrow, meet with a dev and have this wrapped up in time for me to drive home and have an early dinner. 4 hours on the road.

They could have it live in the next update.

Next

Gotta love people who work with code assuming they understand all code.
  • Options
    Lio wrote: »

And this right here is an example of not understanding the difference between a small UI tweak and a major development undertaking.

I could drive to Sacramento tomorrow, meet with a dev and have this wrapped up in time for me to drive home and have an early dinner. 4 hours on the road.

Next

Gotta love people who work with code assuming they understand all code.

If you have a basic understanding of all coding languages, it might take the majority of a few hours to learn their system but I don't doubt any competent programmer could finish a minor UI tweak in less than a full day's work.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options

Next

Lol, and apparently you have not been paying attention to CG. Maybe it is easy, you are right I don't know and don't care tbh. But I do have an understanding of CG. The goal they have set "seems" to be to do as little as possible while making a ton of money. So, as I said, I would rather have any content, even reskinned, than a stupid confirmation button because a few people each GAC aren't paying enough attention.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options

Next

Lol, and apparently you have not been paying attention to CG. Maybe it is easy, you are right I don't know and don't care tbh. But I do have an understanding of CG. The goal they have set "seems" to be to do as little as possible while making a ton of money. So, as I said, I would rather have any content, even reskinned, than a stupid confirmation button because a few people each GAC aren't paying enough attention.

I’m telling you that a confirmation button will not take away from any new content. It could be done while eating a sandwich.

Again, I don't care. I don't want anything to take away from something new, once something new finally gets added they can add buttons.
  • Options

Next

I’m telling you that a confirmation button will not take away from any new content. It could be done while eating a sandwich.

Again, I don't care. I don't want anything to take away from something new, once something new finally gets added they can add buttons.

I don't see how literally typing new text in over a lunch break as it's described by ZAP is gonna take away from anything. I think you also fail to realize that they have a team of developers and if one guy took an hour to tweak some UI it's not gonna push back all their new content by weeks or anything. Not by any stretch of the imagination would this delay content. Besides, if we wait for them to release something new before fixing the UI, we're gonna be holding our breath until 2025 anyway.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options

Next

Obv you do care. This in no way would take away from the deep well of content or oceans of characters you’re waiting for.

Right, no deep well cause they don't like doing stuff. Your deliberate attempt at being obtuse bores me now, have a good day.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options

Next

I don't see how literally typing new text in over a lunch break as it's described by ZAP is gonna take away from anything. I think you also fail to realize that they have a team of developers and if one guy took an hour to tweak some UI it's not gonna push back all their new content by weeks or anything. Not by any stretch of the imagination would this delay content. Besides, if we wait for them to release something new before fixing the UI, we're gonna be holding our breath until 2025 anyway.

It's CA, it's illegal to work on your lunch break.
  • Options

Next

That's just semantics at this point, they could do it in like twenty minutes is the point. And if four months worth of work and content gets an update pushed back by twenty minutes, most people wouldn't even notice or care.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options

Next

That's just semantics at this point, they could do it in like twenty minutes is the point. And if four months worth of work and content gets an update pushed back by twenty minutes, most people wouldn't even notice or care.

I dont disagree with you about the time, I have no experience in this matter. I disagree about the importance, I don't not want any content being pushed back 1 second for this button to be added. Having something new to do is far more important than a confirmation button.

Your opinion is valid to you and mine is valid to me. Have a good day!
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

Next

What was that about being obtuse. :/
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I have occasionally messed up in arena by not switching back to a team because it's muscle memory to just pick an opponent and then hit battle. It should not be muscle memory to go into the join screen and hit join, whatsoever. If you aren't ready to join, don't go into the join screen, which you have to do by either hitting the notification icon on the right or scrolling to the left. Just don't do it until you're ready, problem solved.

It’s muscle memory to go into the previous grand arena battle and review the match for various reasons. A part of the problem is that reviewing the previous match and joining the next match are the same process. It’s not as simple as don’t go to the join screen if you aren’t joining, because people go there for many other reasons.

This is in no way comparable to arena, where you almost always do a double tap (pick opp and battle) 5-10 times a day. This is once every 48 hours, if you are even there to review a match and not to look at feats, which is in a different location on the screen. No comparison.

Once every 48 hours? What are you talking about?
    People go into their GA matches dozens of times per match to see what's going on.
    It is an extremely fitting comparison.

Don’t argue. TVF knows how many times you check GAC.
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    For the millionth time. Pay more attention. Like seriously, how hard is it NOT to press a button? It's an annoying design, I agree, but it's been like that for months already so everyone should know by now to be very careful.

It’s a habit to push that button. Stop being obtuse and “that guy”.

How long has this "bug" or design flaw been around? Like 6 months? By now (at the very latest) it should be the habit to NOT push that button. Some people are acting like this is happening for the first time. It's old news. If you keep making the same mistake after 6 months then that's 100% on you. I am not defending CG here, as I agree that the design is not great, but you can't blame CG for something you can easily avoid yourself. Also, I'm not being "that" guy as you can see many others in this thread agreeing with me.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    For the millionth time. Pay more attention. Like seriously, how hard is it NOT to press a button? It's an annoying design, I agree, but it's been like that for months already so everyone should know by now to be very careful.

It’s a habit to push that button. Stop being obtuse and “that guy”.

How long has this "bug" or design flaw been around? Like 6 months? By now (at the very latest) it should be the habit to NOT push that button. Some people are acting like this is happening for the first time. It's old news. If you keep making the same mistake after 6 months then that's 100% on you. I am not defending CG here, as I agree that the design is not great, but you can't blame CG for something you can easily avoid yourself. Also, I'm not being "that" guy as you can see many others in this thread agreeing with me.

I don't believe anyone who has been effected by the join button (i have) can claim to be completely blame free.
    Point is it should have been fixed by now.
    Seriously, how has this not been fixed?
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t understand why it’s so hard to make it EXACTLY like TW. Allow players to “leave” after they join to fix mods, gear new toons, etc, and re-lock their roster when they re-join. If they forget to rejoin before the preview phase starts, they don’t get to participate in GAC.
  • Fattaro
    50 posts Member
    Options
    It is happened for me before and actual GA. In this GA some of my toons don’t have mods. When we play touch screen devices this kind of things can be. They will just put leave button like tw.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    The game says “time till roster lock”

Doesn't it say "Player Lock"?

Don’t know. Don’t care. CG certainly doesn’t.

Quotes something to make a point. Doesn't actually know or care if the quote is accurate. Definitely checks out.

Whats up? Did I misspeak, mistype Roster instead of player?

Well... you had no argument. So I guess that’s all you could do. Here is a gold star little guy. Checks out.

You not only "misspoke," you said you don't even care what the truth is. Regardless of the fact that since it says "player lock" it isn't even inaccurate as you were claiming.

And I'm still not a guy.