GS question

Does GS's unique (bonus crit to geo allies, not TM on crit) affect himself? Or does his unique only affect Poggle?

Replies

• Options
    yeah but even after the nerf he can still function in a squad with Poggle, ig-88, Sid & Lumi... I HOPE o:) else I'm ******
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    It affects him and Poggle. If it said "other allies" it would only affect Poggle.

GS should be less effective when others get gear IX+ at lvl 80, and as a fast character he won't get any improvement with the rebalancing. But after his OU bug was fixed, he's actually in the middle of the top tier of damage dealers (and has no utility and only decent survivability) so I don't foresee any nerf.

I wouldn't run him in that squad though. If you're running Sid and 88 I'd use a tank (RG) or another AOE. Not sure you'll have any chance once 88 dies (with or without GS).
  • Options
    thx for the advice Amalthea :)

Anyway, my top roster consists of: JC, Lumi, Sid, Boba Fett, GS, ig-88 and Poggle. What's the best Arena combination in your opinion, assuming they are all have max gear/ 7*?
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Chewie_says_Aaarww due to synergies with GS and 88 i would currently use Poggle as leader. But, there will be some problems. 88 needs debuffs on your opponents to deal high damage - you would need Sid to deal enough damage with him (Poggle´s offense up will help a lot though). Sid is ok in Arena, but isn´t really used in top 50 anymore. Next thing is: 88 is slow and has low health - he will be oneshotted without a chance to move on defense. Boba - nice tank, but he is even slower than 88. Of course his Death from Above ability can be annoying, but he is just ignored in Arena. Furthermore 88/Boba will only have about 12k health at level 80. Yes, i know, it works on offense - 88 gets speed up bonus for 3 rounds by Poggle´s buff. As you know current Meta is all about speed and oneshotting. Your opponents will oneshot 88 and kill GS as fast as possible - afterwards there is nothing left they have to fear. Meta will change a bit and we will see teams with a lot more health (i didn´t mention yet that Sid´s health will just be 11k at level 80). I can´t predict how the new mechanic "Fortitude" (will be implemented about 2-3 weeks after levelcap 80 next week) will work out for toons with low health in general, but i guess even if you manage to do AoE with 88 you might get into trouble with high health teams outrunning you in the long run. Especially if you can not protect 88 by a tank with taunt. JC is great for GW, but he does not really help you in Arena - of course he might heal several times. But healing in current PvP fights = doing no dmg this turn = not killing your opponents attackers = they can focuse on your "threats". Some team comps deal so much damage... they do not even need Lumi. Anyways - enjoy the game, get every toon you like. If you do not aim for top 50 you should be fine on offense.

For now i would suggest to run Poggle(L)/Geo/88/Sid/Lumi
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    Kelthuzad wrote: »
    @Chewie_says_Aaarww due to synergies with GS and 88 i would currently use Poggle as leader. But, there will be some problems. 88 needs debuffs on your opponents to deal high damage - you would need Sid to deal enough damage with him (Poggle´s offense up will help a lot though). Sid is ok in Arena, but isn´t really used in top 50 anymore. Next thing is: 88 is slow and has low health - he will be oneshotted without a chance to move on defense. Boba - nice tank, but he is even slower than 88. Of course his Death from Above ability can be annoying, but he is just ignored in Arena. Furthermore 88/Boba will only have about 12k health at level 80. Yes, i know, it works on offense - 88 gets speed up bonus for 3 rounds by Poggle´s buff. As you know current Meta is all about speed and oneshotting. Your opponents will oneshot 88 and kill GS as fast as possible - afterwards there is nothing left they have to fear. Meta will change a bit and we will see teams with a lot more health (i didn´t mention yet that Sid´s health will just be 11k at level 80). I can´t predict how the new mechanic "Fortitude" (will be implemented about 2-3 weeks after levelcap 80 next week) will work out for toons with low health in general, but i guess even if you manage to do AoE with 88 you might get into trouble with high health teams outrunning you in the long run. Especially if you can not protect 88 by a tank with taunt. JC is great for GW, but he does not really help you in Arena - of course he might heal several times. But healing in current PvP fights = doing no dmg this turn = not killing your opponents attackers = they can focuse on your "threats". Some team comps deal so much damage... they do not even need Lumi. Anyways - enjoy the game, get every toon you like. If you do not aim for top 50 you should be fine on offense.

For now i would suggest to run Poggle(L)/Geo/88/Sid/Lumi

Nice! thanks for your extensive advice! :smiley: "That set up, I will use (pronounce with Yoda voice)".

I know I will probably not reach top tier (my server's from late November, so there are plenty of top squads by now. Perhaps when Boba Fett gets an amazing fortitube +1000 boost I might have a chance since no one uses him at the moment ;P

I will let you know how a fare with Poggle(L), GS, 88, Sid and Lumi ;)

• DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    On my new account I spread my characters out like this

Arena - Sid
    Cantina farm- GS
    Cantina shop - Poe
    GW shop - lumi
    Hard node farm - 86

They are all 7* now except Poe is 5* and I have Daka 5*. In GW I switched from lumi to 86 and hard nodes went with RG. In arena 88, and have made a team of

Sid
    GS
    RG also have gone

Lumi
    GS
    Daka
    RG

GS
    RG
    Lumi or Daka