Bossk and his ship - rework them!!!

This is a suggestion to help you with a game I like, not just a rant. There are some things in this game that make me question whether or not the developers have actually seen any of the Star Wars movies. I don't think every character should have to follow exactly how powerful they seemed to be in the movies, but I think they should be somewhere on some scale related to comparable. The way this game plays out the Rebels in the movie should have just hired Bossk to single handedly take out the death star. They never needed the plans. What the hell were you people thinking with this? There should not be any ship that powerful and if there was it sure as hell shouldn't be a character that was basically an extra in a lizard suit. Did the actor even get listed in the credits? Is this a favorite character of one of the developers because when he was a kid he got to the toy store late and this was the only one left...because nobody wanted it? There had to be 100 individual Stormtroopers with a bigger role than his. I can't comprehend why you did this, but it needs fixed. I'd say the character (minus ship) is way to good as well, but not nearly as bad.
I have been irritated by this for a while and I'm sure you are aware of how powerful that ship is, but I just finished a battle where I had 4 ships vs a Bossk that was gear level 11 character with a 5 star ship.
My command ship was Home One and I hit the master plan. I had for ships fire on it 2 times each and can't get it out? And my ships were 6 or 7 star with gear 9 to 12 7 star characters. Sorry, you have really screwed up how powerful you made it. Of course I know the in game solution is to get my own and I am, but there still shouldn't be anything so much more powerful than everything else - particularly something so irrelevant to the Star Wars story.

A couple other notes - you don't seem to give much credit at all to ships in the strength of the ship / crew. I can appreciate that the character level matters, but you have the setup so that a high gear character be dominant with a 4 star unleveled ship. I think it should have more balance.

I hope you do something to "balance" who we compete with arena and fleet arena. Recently getting to the Championship level, I have seen some players top 30 in their fleet arena that I know couldn't be top 100 in the one I'm in. It is unfair that people are getting top rewards with little effort. Some balance based on time played would be nice to see.

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Hound's Tooth is old news. There are a dozen ways to counter it at this point. "Just mashing attacks and getting mad when it doesn't work" is not one of them.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    In the meantime OP is drafting the 'nerf Nest' thread.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    no one tell op about zombie
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I didn't mean to hurt so many feelings (not that I care either), but this is the feedback section, so...MY feedback. I'm not wrong any more than anybody else is wrong if they think some 3rd rate character that didn't make the cast credits should be more powerful - that would be their feedback.
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    Options
    shaun51422 wrote: »
    I didn't mean to hurt so many feelings (not that I care either), but this is the feedback section, so...MY feedback. I'm not wrong any more than anybody else is wrong if they think some 3rd rate character that didn't make the cast credits should be more powerful - that would be their feedback.

My apologies, It seems I overestimated your ability to read between the lines. My bad. Guess I'll have to spell it out for you: The entire reason people are hurt is because you neither gave feedback nor asked for feedback.
    Case in point: you keep referring to bossk as a "third rate character", showing that your entire opinion is bias and you're just here to rant (hence my original use of the that's a lie meme).
    Form the perspective of someone who's played Kotor, Anakin, Luke, Vader, the Emperor and others mean absolutely nothing, yet they aren't here screaming in everybody's face they need to be nerfed because they are "third rate". When they do show up, it's usually to ask for feedback (what a counter is for example) or when they truly think a character might be a bit to strong in terms of game standards. You, however, are clearly not.
    It's made even worse by that fact that you just decided to spit on those that did offer feedback on how to counter him. Because this is one of the worst reaction you could have given. Absolute disrespect for everyone here.
    I hope you take this as a learning experience and expand your worldview.