Galactic War A & B teams?

Please share what you have found to be your optimal lineup.

I am level 70 with most of the common FTP toons maxed. (minus Rey and FOTP) I run into full maxed teams starting at about node 4. I have completed GW 80+ straight times but man it is a chore!

I usually run Sid, Lumi, GS, QGJ and one of either Daka, Dooku, Barriss or JC as my A squad. But the problem is maintenance. QGJ, Dooku, GS and JC are constantly needing heals which leads to countless retreating to try to keep cooldowns manageable.

Anyone running a tankier, more self reliant A squad?

I really don't utilize a B team. I just get to the final node then put in my best DPS hitters with poe.

Replies

• Options
    There is no such thing as B team. You just use your normal GW setup (most likely Bariss lead, 3 or 4 healers total) and it's enough for the most part. It's not good to have high dps for GW. Closer to the very end, more chars from your arena squad may be needed
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've standardized on Barriss, Daka, Dooku, Lumi and GS. Barriss is the best GW leader because she increases health pools and provides substantial amounts of free healing that allows you to save heals for when you really need them. This group has three healers and two stunners; stuns are enormously useful in GW for shutting down annoying and dangerous opponents, and Dooku can single-handedly harrass a pair of Jedi into submission. Barriss's heal is useful when the AI becomes enamored with one character; Lumi is the primary heal when needed for high-damage enemies; Daka's heal I often use late in a match if everyone needs a top-up. GS is there for one-shot punch when needed, and has a good health pool.
    I have traditionally not used a conventional "B team", instead various combinations of other characters. Since I leveled up my droids (only to around level 60) I will use them in one node with Poggle and Poe and that will often take out a level 70 node or at least reduce them to mop-up status. Otherwise, various combos of Sid, Phasma, Kylo and others are good to soften up a node or two.
    Boba has become my "go-to guy" for suiciding a node to draw out specials. He's only level 60 (that's when I gave up on him as being arena-viable) but he has enough health to get the bad guys to blow their stuff. I put him in with 4 sub-40s and Sid will still AoE, etc.
    Two special mentions as suiciders in GW: Anakin is excellent because of his death effect. You want your guys to die one at a time, so don't put him in with level 1s. And Old Ben is a current experiment whom I intentionally left at 4* and level 52 to try to get the AI to kill him. :)
    113 GWs completed so far. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I try to switch up the team based on who I'm fighting, and use 2 healers, because otherwise it's deadly boring. I usually start with Dooku with RP, Rey, Daka and Lumi until Dooku dies, and then switch between QGJ lead with 3 healers and Yoda or GS, and Phasma lead with a bunch of lvl 70 scrubs when my opponent has lots of damage and I dont want to lose 1-2 on my main team. I'll sub in Sid if the enemy has 3-4 Jedis.

I want to make a NS GW team as well, but need to get Asajj starred. :-(
  • Jeditrainingneeded
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I normally use QGJ (L), Lumi, Dooku, Daka and GS. Today at level 8 I kept losing 1 of them and decided to try a different team to see if I could wear the other team down. I tried Barris (L), 5's, JC, IG86 and FOTP. All are 7 stars and purple geared except 6 star tie pilot. I beat level 8 and left them in for node 9. Lost IG86 and replaced him with 7 star Rex. Finished the rest of the battles with these toons. I really enjoyed using FOTP. With the right amount of heals he can put a hurting on an opposing team. I figured I would lose using this team so I had JC instead of Lumi. The next round of GW I might leave FOTP in my a team and go for Barris, Lumi, FOTP, GS and Dooku/Daka. I hardly even use Sid anymore. If I can ever get Rey or RG above 5 stars I might try to work them into the rotation.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    I use Barris as my leader with JC, Rey, ahsoka, aayla

My healer rotation is JC -> Lumi -> elder -> Daka

My non Jedi attacker is Rey -> Maul -> Leia

My leader rotation is bariss -> Ima -> qgj

The other Jedi in my starting lineup are just replaced by more Jedi.

And with the last fight I always do random stuff. Like today I hadn't lost anyone through 11 fights but on fight 12 I used a night sister team with Royal guard instead of acolyte.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Check this out. This is B squad magnificence. :)
    https://vid.me/pJPc
  • Options
    I have 7* Chewie and he is nice for GW. But in general, it's Barriss whose leading ability makes me go through GW with ease. My strategy is very close to @Qeltar's one, so I wouldn't repeat. What can I add (and so far it's a mere speculations only, but maybe I will test them one day... closer to August):
    As all of you know, Sid is usually the first man to be killed in GW due to his annoying Heal Immunity, since ability to restore HP pool is crucial for GW. With the latest Ackbar's fix, you may add him in team in order to be able to focus on the most dangerous enemy instead of the most annoying.
  • Options
    I've never understood having well-defined "A" and "B" teams for GW. I just use the best team I have and then swap out individual toons based on my opponent. For example, my default squad is Jedi-heavy (QGJ lead, Lumi, GS, JC, and Sid), so I tend to swap them out when facing nasty Dooku or Sid teams. Other times I'll throw RG in if nuking isn't possible. Or both Sid and Anakin against heal-heavy opponents. To me GW is all about utilizing your full roster, not sticking rigidly to certain teams.

You should always be running 2 healers in GW, IMO. If you have Lumi and Barriss then there should be no question as to who you use, except when fighting Sid. Though I will say that JC's very short cooldown heal works really well in GW and is highly underestimated. For me, healing immunity debuffers pretty much always die first in GW (though the opposite is usually true in arena). Unless you have the DPS to kill him easily otherwise, swap at least Lumi out for Daka or Talia.

Not saying this is true of you, OP, but I feel like a lot of people approach GW the same way they approach arena. Generally that's a bad idea. Once I knock off 2-3 DPS, I slow way the hell down and only use basic attacks so that cooldowns can reset. Leaving enemy healers up, and letting them heal, also works very well to give yourself more time. For those of us FTP'ers who have limited rosters, your goal should always be to finish a match with all major cooldowns reset (especially assist calls and at least one heal) and as close to full health as possible. If you prioritize those things then you should be able to easily beat GW every day.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    int3ns1fy wrote: »

Not saying this is true of you, OP, but I feel like a lot of people approach GW the same way they approach arena. Generally that's a bad idea. Once I knock off 2-3 DPS, I slow way the hell down and only use basic attacks so that cooldowns can reset. Leaving enemy healers up, and letting them heal, also works very well to give yourself more time. For those of us FTP'ers who have limited rosters, your goal should always be to finish a match with all major cooldowns reset (especially assist calls and at least one heal) and as close to full health as possible. If you prioritize those things then you should be able to easily beat GW every day.

Definitely true. Not to get off-topic too much but I think my biggest mistake was creating an ALT account. Now I just want to burn through them to stay current instead of thinking it through. I'd ditch my ALT account but I feel obligated to it now.

Helpful responses so far! @Qelter - that was a thing of beauty! All I can say is good thing Yoda wasn't around! :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Faff2D2 - LOL, good point. I probably would have learned that the hard way. :) I don't see a lot of Yodas in GW though. And again, this is a one-node thing so you just decide where to use it.
    I like having a stable "A team" because I get very experienced with them and how they operate, down to the point where I even can usually predict their attack sequence. I will sub in someone now and then if I feel it's warranted, such as putting in Jinn in place of Daka if the enemy has a Yoda that wants to toss up tenacity, or if their are 2 targets I need to take out fast. But usually I am to go with just the A team as long as possible. Also less to keep track of this way.
    With Barriss as lead I usually don't even need to use a heal until the 4th or 5th fight. I then try to use either Lumi or Barriss+Daka in alternating fights until about #7 or #8. I then start suiciding, and usually don't need to put in full B teams until the last 3 (which I often do anyway just for fun).
  • Options
    Generally I run

Qgj L
    Lumi
    Jc
    RP
    GS

My goal is to kill Sid plus one dps before taking damage. Then I space my heals between lumi and jc so that at least one of them is available first turn next match. Every now and then I will sub in Koth when going up against a droid team or Poe/Rey. I'll use daka in early nodes to keep my heals on lumi/jc fresh since daka is only 4 stars she can't stand the heat against the 7 star max teams I face.

I'll probably get Barris once I'm done farming dooku for gw, but I havnt lost in over 3 months so I am not that worried about it.
  • Options
    How are you reliably killing Sid *and* one other DPS before taking damage with 3 Jedi on your squad?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My main team is barriss, lumi, yoda, Rey and last spot changed between qgj, dooku and daka. It's normally qgj but if there's a sid or dooku then I use one less Jedi. Don't use a b team much. Mostly suicide squads if I need to get rid of special attacks
  • Options
    Barriss, Lumi, Ahsoka, JC and Daka lead the way most of the time. I take my time in GW and enjoy the fights at the end of my day, so this healer squad doesn't blow through battles but I tend to finish with full health and cooldowns.

I swap in Sid and Dooku when required and will nuke a battle I don't feel like retreating from 5+ times with a Droid squad.

Asajj is a project for me at the moment. She'll fit in perfectly with the self-sustaining motif of my GW strategy.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    int3ns1fy wrote: »
    How are you reliably killing Sid *and* one other DPS before taking damage with 3 Jedi on your squad?

Rey. Rey. Rey. Rey. Rey.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    My "B" squad I guess has been Leia(L) FOTP, 86, Poe and Poggle

I call this my hit squad for when you hit those tough match up nodes and retreating and trying different things just isnt working and just need to be able to take out one or two of theirs then send A team in to finish the rest off and move on.
  • Jaxs
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have an A Team or a B Team. I mix and match. BUT, I do have some favorite characters who do a lot better then others.

So with that said , IF I have a team its :

Luminara (L), Barriss, Phasma, QGJ, GS,

Now IF anyone has opinion on a better setup/Team please let me know. I'm willing to try anything once.

I normally finish all GW on a daily bases any ways.
  • AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Barriss would serve you better as a leader, I think. I never had her pre-nerf but her biggest strength, especially with other Jedi, is her leader ability. Increasing the health of other characters that heal based on max health is crucial, in my own opinion.
    I run Barriss, Lumi, Daka, Ahsoka and JC while switching in Sid and Dooku as necessary. I rarely finish a fight without full health and most cooldowns ready for action. I'm also working on Ventress to round out some damage while fitting in with the self-sustaining nature of my GW team(s).
    Jaxs wrote: »
    I don't have an A Team or a B Team. I mix and match. BUT, I do have some favorite characters who do a lot better then others.

So with that said , IF I have a team its :

Luminara (L), Barriss, Phasma, QGJ, GS,

Now IF anyone has opinion on a better setup/Team please let me know. I'm willing to try anything once.

I normally finish all GW on a daily bases any ways.