Everyone has a tank now.

Jaesyn_Beaz
412 posts Member
edited March 2016
I reached #11 only 4 days ago and have been in an absolute free fall since the update (currently #60). I've noticed that not only is everyone level 70 full complement of 7 stars but they are all using tanks with taunts combined with high damage dps. During my climb to 11 I rarely ran into anyone with taunters. It is incredible how the composition of the entire server changed in just a few days. It's almost like servers were combined.
I am Darth Spartacus

Replies

• Options
    I dunno. RGs, yes. Poes in Droid team, but they always were there. No other taunters. STHan once in a blue moon, but I've noticed this team quickly refusing using him. But STHan seems not bad under Dooku lead anyway and maybe some on your server started running him.
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    I dunno. RGs, yes. Poes in Droid team, but they always were there. No other taunters. STHan once in a blue moon, but I've noticed this team quickly refusing using him. But STHan seems not bad under Dooku lead anyway and maybe some on your server started running him.

Han is everywhere. RG less so but definitely more prevalent than before. There are less Poes than Hans.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options
    What team composition do they use with STHan?
  • Options
    Mostly dooku lead with the two ig units or the two Geonosians. Or Rey. I actually saw a Poe Han combo with cannons filling out the team. Regardless, my original point stands.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Mostly dooku lead with the two ig units or the two Geonosians. Or Rey. I actually saw a Poe Han combo with cannons filling out the team. Regardless, my original point stands.

What was your point ? That people change their arena team or the server merged because you see people using different toons?
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    I dont use a tank, Im #1 daily, and I eat tanks for breakfast. Tank teams arent good in current meta, they might be in about a month though.
  • Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »

What was your point ? That people change their arena team or the server merged because you see people using different toons?

That it seems like the composition of the teams has changed in the course of a week. Maybe I'm crazy. I don't know. It was just an observation. Not a complaint. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed it. Guess not. Sorry if I offended.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options
    Taunters in general are incredibly high in the tier list of skills to have in SWGoH - always have been. If you're fighting vs. a taunter, but without a good one yourself, you're at a disadvantage. I'm not seeing Han as much, but RG is definitely reaching Poe levels of usage on my server. Anyone without RG looks like a huge target. Han can be viable with Dooku now since the OHKO reliability is much lower now. Just once meta shifts, people adjust and team compositions change pretty quick.
  • Options
    That it seems like the composition of the teams has changed in the course of a week. Maybe I'm crazy. I don't know. It was just an observation. Not a complaint. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed it. Guess not. Sorry if I offended.
    You have to be in top 10 to know the composition of top 10 :) RGs were there from the moment RG was reworked. And non-whales started using tanks with Dooku leadership, so your observation is correct :)
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »

You know Really I haven't taken notice to the players on my server if there useing tanks or not but I guess Ill start now. Anyways Oddly enough when I got Old Ben I immediately leveled and geared him and I jumped from #444 to now that im sitting on #123 maybe its just a matter of time before my server gets past Ben and start throwing me back to the 300's but Im wining a heck of alot of matches since I got him and he is only 4 stars.
    I currently run
    6*QGJ (L)
    7*Luminara
    6* Eeth Koth
    5* Yoda
    4* Old Ben
  • Options
    Rysterical wrote: »
    You have to be in top 10 to know the composition of top 10 :) RGs were there from the moment RG was reworked. And non-whales started using tanks with Dooku leadership, so your observation is correct :)

Yeah, the tanks were always there in the top 15. I'm seeing them all over the Top 50 now.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    What team composition do they use with STHan?

Dooku (L), Han, RP/FOTP/GS, Rey, QJG
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    I'm 5 shards away from 7* Han. I have been starting to experiment with him a bit but haven't quite figured out the perfect composition to run with him. He is just so darn squishy so it's difficult to get full use out of his tool kit.

Honestly I think he could benefit from a slight health increase. Not a ton, where it would make him OP, but perhaps just a tad. As it stands now he can be killed with basically 2 big crits. Perhaps when I get him to 7* and gear 8 he will be a little more survivable.
  • Options
    Oh, I've got one more thing! With massive use of Dooku now, STHan is an interesting counter against this Dooku. Han taunts, Dooku double-attacks - you've got tones of TM, your team is killing everyone around but Dooku. Han's turn, he hits Dooku once again, gets double-attack and a tone of TM again for everyone.
  • Options
    Oh, I've got one more thing! With massive use of Dooku now, STHan is an interesting counter against this Dooku. Han taunts, Dooku double-attacks - you've got tones of TM, your team is killing everyone around but Dooku. Han's turn, he hits Dooku once again, gets double-attack and a tone of TM again for everyone.

That's my plan. I've got Han at 4* level 6. I've also got RG 3* LVL 7. Han will be used for Dooku teams and RG for everyone else. I'll probably use RG for last since he's a better defender. It's a work in progress.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options

Interesting... Seems like that could backfire though because Dooku also gets massive TM boosts for attacking outside his turn. There is a possibility that even with the TM reduction from Han, that Dooku could still jump in front and get 4 straight attacks. If he crits on a couple then bye bye Han before you get a chance to heal him.

• DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »

Interesting... Seems like that could backfire though because Dooku also gets massive TM boosts for attacking outside his turn. There is a possibility that even with the TM reduction from Han, that Dooku could still jump in front and get 4 straight attacks. If he crits on a couple then bye bye Han before you get a chance to heal him.

It's not hans TM reduction but his boost that matters. 20% for all your allies every time he is hit. It's always a good idea to use his attacks for people that counter
  • Blankenshipbro
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I use phasma(lead), st han, lumi, Daka (bonus stuns with phasma lead) and GS.

Interesting blend of characters, starring daka currently and none are maxed out level wise (highest is 68) it's a good defense squad which keeps me hanging in the mid 60's. I'm looking to star up daka all the way then maybe replacing GS with lando (double down can deal a total of 6k damage to each character in two turns).
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Han and RG are interesting tanks. Haven't even activated Han, but have a 6* Poe so will probably take him to 7* before going for Han. Would consider maxing Han if they increased the squad arena to 6 characters.
  • Options
    I run Dooku, Poggle, RG, Daka and 86. The team stuns the day lights out of teams. Really a lot of fun to sometimes see 4 toons stunned at once. Then it's just burning down whoever you want.