Please get rid of the timers

Prev1
I realize there is some strategy to the timers in arena but they serve no purpose in the challenges. Please remove them.

Replies

• Options
    Hello Dev team, I love the game play but I'm finding a lot of time is required to stay competitive. I see many facets of the game operate on timers which is fine but usually you can speed it up using crystals. I don't do this however, for the Challenges, I don't see any practical purpose for setting timers. If you find a challenge that involves 5 battles it's a minimum of 50 minutes wait time. That doesn't include the playing time so we are taking over an hour commitment every time. It's kind of frustrating and I don't think we should have to use in-game currency to bypass the timer. We all have lives and want to minimize time gaming time whenever possible. Do you see any reason why I need to keep the timers for the challenges?
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps they want you to play other modes while waiting.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Timers is how freemiums work.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Agree with OP, there is no reason for the count down between battles. Especially with the new changes. Keeping me waiting isn't going to suddenly make me want to spend, nor quit the game. It not like the game can be completed within 1-2 hours per day.
  • Razor
    17 posts Member
    Options
    timer? challenge? just have timer in arena, no one in another option of the game... unless u speaking about the ''recharge'', sooo i agree, its a lost os time wait about 7 minuts to play the same thing again .-.
  • droesse
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, the daily time requirement to complete everything in a day is on the verge of being undoable already. Those stupid challenge timers just waste too much time for no purpose.
  • aGlint
    54 posts Member
    Options
    The timers for challenges are completely unnecessary and are a nuisance
  • Razor
    17 posts Member
    Options
    both are right, its lost of time
  • Options
    Why timer on this? You can't pay crystals to reset, so why make players have to wait to replay it another 4 or 2 times? This increase the time consuming problem.
  • Options
    They keep getting these requests posted here and in the feedback. They are well aware that everyone is against them. What they've done with that info and why they have them is beyond me.
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Yes get rid of them. It's stupid
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    Options
    I'd prefer they were gone too, but as they really aren't much fun to play, I just run them on auto when I'm done logging in to claim bonus energy, check shipments, etc. Over the course of the day, that takes care of them, except on Sunday when they're all active.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Make them like the ewok event or the mats weekend event, where there are 3 or 5 tries to each level of difficulty, heck make the 3 tries five at level 80. that way we have a lot of chances to farm gear, credits, droid and mats. If people want more, let them pay crystals.
  • Options
    The challenge timers are pretty absurd, I agree. If they assist on having them, at least they could halve them to 5:00.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    A while back the devs mentioned that they were making "quality of life" changes because the game was taking too much time. Hopefully this is one of them. There's really no reason why I shouldn't be able to do 8 challenges in a row like I can do 8 GW battles in a row.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    +1 I asked about this a little while back. Just no need for them.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I agree especially I mean seriously what is there purpose there?? Besides making you log in more?? Dont we have enough stuff for that?? Free Bronzium, Raids, Bonus Energy Is that not good enough???
  • Options
    Why don't we focus on the issues which are causing the game to he broken and unfair? The guild structure, protection, character balance, hacks, cheating, overpriced packs, rate of exchange being grossly unbalanced...
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Why don't we focus on the issues which are causing the game to he broken and unfair? The guild structure, protection, character balance, hacks, cheating, overpriced packs, rate of exchange being grossly unbalanced...

There are many posts about those issues already. Just because those issues exist doesn't mean lesser issues should be ignored.
    This is a very easy change which would help the game, and it'd probably take a dev less than 5 mins to make. Since you can't even spend crystals to reset the timer, it's a no-brainer.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »

There are many posts about those issues already. Just because those issues exist doesn't mean lesser issues should be ignored.
    This is a very easy change which would help the game, and it'd probably take a dev less than 5 mins to make. Since you can't even spend crystals to reset the timer, it's a no-brainer.

Thank you for shutting his trap
  • Options
    Remove Challenges?

Like someone posted Stop for a second and think why would they remove timers? they want you to keep coming back and play the game and doing other stuff aswell whilst waiting removing it would be plan stupid on there side it wont be going anywhere simple.
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »

Thank you for shutting his trap

This shuts nothing, and based on the history, they'll create bigger issues by trying to fix a non issue like the timers. They shouldn't focus on little things when there are bigger issues.
  • masters
    233 posts Member
    Options
    The timers on challenges suck when you need to complete in manual. They also suck on thursday nights when i just want to go to bed or sundays.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Time gates are literally the basis for this entire genre of gaming. They aren't going anywhere.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Time gates are literally the basis for this entire genre of gaming. They aren't going anywhere.

I play Marvel's Avengers Alliance 2, which is similar collection style game. It has no cooldown timers for any gameplay mode. You have certain amount of energy for each mode. You can spend it as fast or as slow as you like. Want to do all scouting missions at once (equivalent to challenges here), sure nobody stopping you. Pace is more relaxed, as I know I can log in at any time when free and do everything I need to do.

So it's not fair to say that it's entire basis for the genre.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »

While I agree time gates are common in fremium games. Time gates are normal on limiting attempts, gaining energy etc. These make no sense. You get 3/5 tries no more no less. The timers do nothing but add an annoyance.
  • TastyPants
    113 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    With the addition of guilds these things take too long to refresh. There does not seem to be a need to force an 8 minute wait between battles especially since there are now numerous reasons to open the game through the day. Artificially expanding play time seems unnecessary at higher levels.

Anyone else agree?
    Collaborative T7 guild looking for active members. Details here or PM me.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, time for a change.

I would also like to suggest increasing the arena match time.

You added extra HP for us to chop through with the protection update, but did not allow extra time to do so. Also, evasion meta compounds this problem. Lower damage toons cant overcome this wall of HP, making them non-viable, and further skewing the meta towards high damage.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Challenge timers need to go. Arena however ... Have to be careful, faster timer may yield increase in rank drops.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I want longer arena battle limits, not shorter.

I have timed out like 7 times vs Old Ben alone.