So what's your plan for dealing with the L80 cap raise?

Feelings aside... what's your plan? Assuming most here run speed meta teams (Dooku, QGJ, etc), do you plan to level them up? Going to work on a different set of toons to try and anticipate the new meta? Are you going to try and whether the storm for a "couple weeks" and horde resources until we know who's good in the next meta? ARE YOU GONNA QUIT THE GAME??

I for one have no idea and am considering all options. I'm mostly FTP.

Good luck, young padawans, whatever you decide.

Replies

• Options
    Not going to hoard. Still have stuff to farm for various toon I think may be good. I may try to hoard energy for a few days before increase for a quicker jump but we will see
  • Options
    I've started hoarding credits, ability mats and training droids. I know have 7 mill credits, 80 or so purple ability mats and enough training droids to 1-70 6 or 7 characters. I finished my QGJ today, so will now be hoarding cantina currency while I finish my dooku in the next couple of days. I'll then switch over to Barris. I'm continuing with HK 47, for now at least, so I can have a maxed out droid team in my locker, ready to be used whenever needed. It'll consist of hk, 88, 86, poggle and Poe (5*). In GW I'm farming dathcha as there's no point in keeping hold of currency, and with Jawa engineer possibly on the way, I thought why not, as I have lumi, poggle, phasma and 86 maxed.
  • Options
    After cap raise, nothing will change, apart from XP gain. And of course we will be leveling up best chars (arena team and healers for GW).

Main problem is 50-purple-piece gears
  • Options
    A lot will change with the cap increase @Ivan_Drago It could be the meta of the tanks and controllers with fortitude coming into play and speed and damage ratios being somewhat 'equalised'.
  • Options
    Gonna wait and watch. Have hoarded credits, purple mats, Arena and GW tokens. Not going to bother with energy.
  • Options
    A lot will change with the cap increase @Ivan_Drago It could be the meta of the tanks and controllers with fortitude coming into play and speed and damage ratios being somewhat 'equalised'.

i have read the notes. Good luck spending MONTHS farming those tanks from scratch. I plan to continue using those (strong) characters that I already have (maxed or nearly maxed). And somehow I think speed teams will still be up top. Higher speed means more turns, which means you as a player have more chance to influence the gameplay. And in a game against the AI, it matters.

• Options
    Controllers also mean more turns, and it's no longer going to be burst damage at the start of the battle that determines the outcome of the match, but the amount of turns you are able to get throughout the match will eventually wear the enemy away. We'll have to see, but phasma with the guaranteed crit and turn meter manipulation could become a staple for everyone.
  • Options
    I'm not hoarding at all. There's no real way to guess the next meta, so I'll continue leveling up the toons I like.
  • Options
    Farming Savage I just got and RG will be 5* tomorrow. Hoping to mix them with some speed.
  • Options
    Plan is easy. First toons to lvl to 80 is bariss and lumi
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    ehh I'll mess with the new meta. But I will be leveling up Anakin and yoda before anything else is done
  • Options
    No plan. It will be a couple of weeks (or months) with credit, training droid, ability mat, and gear shortage...

A positive thing is that you will get free energy when you level up, just thought of that :)
  • Options
    For me ?
    The game get boring realy
    Its same day in day oud
    No story

• Options
    I'm considering hoarding some regular and cantina energy as I just finished maxing the last cantina characters I was working on and all I do with my normal energy right now is grind bloody hairdryers. Am hoping some of the new missions mate have better drop rates (yes I know ea are most likely not that kind)

What is the maximum I can store, 1000? Don't want to miscalculate and waste free energy?

Many thanks
  • Options
    Hard to say for me. I currently have 9 high level characters. All are either maxed gear or are close, but only one is at level 70. The rest are between 62-67. I'm already having a major problem with acquiring credits so I forsee myself having an even larger problem trying to keep up with level 80 characters that will be running around in the arena and GW. I've never even been able to complete a GW as it is, so I'm probably going to have to keep grinding and hope I can make enough credits to avoid falling behind.
  • Options
    Just saving some credits, ability mats, and training driods. will probably end up maxing lumi and other main GW toons first as the rewards are much more useful than arena unless you're finishing quite high there. I finish between 45-60 most days so GW is more useful for me, especially as F2P
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Carry on as normal wait for meta to shift then buy credits and droid when I need them.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not doing any 100 crystal refreshes or 200 crystal cantinas until the cap is lifted so I can get do faster. Getting to 72 to get hair dryers from challanges will be important to do quickly.

Right now I've stopped levelling my non tier 1 toons. I got Red and Rey to 70 and will up phasma to 70. But otherwise no spending. Got 3 million saved so far.

Once the cap raises I will try to get 7 characters up to 80 as I level to ensure GW can be completed.
  • Options
    Wait & see
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I slowed down leveling and gearing bench toons. I am not spending purple mats and only 1 gear piece per day and level per day (on RG).

Leveling will be about once every 2.5 to 3 days so credits and droids and purple mats shouldn't be a problem (to keep up) so what I am saving now will go to meta change toons. I plan to keep my LS and DS at max level. Stopped with 200 cantina refreshes to bank crystals for leveling a little faster.
  • Options
    I've got 16 million credits saved up so far, many training droids, ability mats, etc. I am going to be smart and only level my main arena team and GW toons to try and stay on top. I'm not doing any energy hoarding though, because you don't earn any more over time once you hit 129 anyways.