Anakin's mods (difference between health mod and crit damage)

Skies439
60 posts Member
edited May 2020
based on the game suggestion anakin's mods should be all health and the receiver primary stat should be speed. then I read in swgoh.gg
https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-anakin/data/mods?filter_type=guilds_100_raid
and people putting crit damage and crit chance as his mods

question
what's the difference from health mods//primary 32 speed compare to crit damage mods//primary 32 speed, is crit damage mods will deliver more damage than health mods? assuming the secondary stats is all the same.

Replies

• Options
    Health mods are for running under Padme. It won't make him do more damage (less, in fact, when not accounting for courage, and courage will do the same damage either way), it'll just make him sturdier and more difficult to clear his protection up.

Also, I believe, when he's at relic levels, he does the most damage (again, not counting courage) with an offense set and a CD primary triangle.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Health mods are for running under Padme. It won't make him do more damage (less, in fact, when not accounting for courage, and courage will do the same damage either way), it'll just make him sturdier and more difficult to clear his protection up.

Also, I believe, when he's at relic levels, he does the most damage (again, not counting courage) with an offense set and a CD primary triangle.

I thought the idea with the health is the protection up is fed from the health and loss of protection up then feeds the courage, so indirectly more health = more stacks of courage?
    Ah, nevermind the bonus damage is based off the target's max health. The only reason from Padme's kit is the health recovery gained when an ally loses protection up. It is a lot of recovery however that does not outweigh the damage of an R7 Offense set crit damage triangled offense cross Jedi Knight Anakin with 80-100% crit chance. <---- AOE from that Anakin obliterates a lot of toons on open if he has a little courage
    4fjdat5la8ka.png

7n0wybrkl311.png
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Options

I thought the idea with the health is the protection up is fed from the health and loss of protection up then feeds the courage, so indirectly more health = more stacks of courage?

Doesn't work that way. Protection up converts to courage on a % basis, and you get the same % up with any given ability. It's just if you have more health, that equals more absolute protection.

For example 40% of 100 is less than 40% of 1000, but 40% prot up still converts to 8 stacks of courage, in either case. The advantage comes in that you get a lot sturdier with that 40% of 1000, and it takes a lot more damage to burn away each stack. Personally, this is why I mod JKA and AT for damage (offense or CD/CC) not health.