Is the y-wing bugged?

DocDoom
532 posts Member
I finally got the y-wing with enough stars to add it to my negotiator fleet, abilities maxed. I have noticed however that whenever I call it in as a reinforcement, it does not give retribution to all allies like it is supposed to. On top of that, as soon as an enemy attacks the y-wing the retribution buff vanishes and it does not counter-attack.

I have looked around but not seen anybody else mentioning this; is it a known issue? Being worked on or ignored?

Replies

• TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    I've never seen this problem on allies.

The Y-wing only grants retribution for one turn, so it comes in, gives out retribution to everyone including itself, and then takes a turn, which clears its own retribution. Which is weird, but WAI AFAIK.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Options
    And you are certain you have the Reinforcement ability ‘Backup Procedure’ upgraded to level 3 (purple box right above the star count/blueprint box in the bottom right corner, green or blue if not upgraded fully)?
    I haven’t seen any issues with it not passing retribution (unless blocked by buff immunity) to the crowd.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    Absolutely certain, ability is maxed out. It was that very ability that made the ship a priority for me. Another guy in my guild has the same problem.

I call it most frequently when I am facing malevolence fleets. Is there anything in their kit that I am overlooking that might be interfering?
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    I run a Mal fleet, so no.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Working fine for me.
  • Options
    DocDoom wrote: »
    Absolutely certain, ability is maxed out. It was that very ability that made the ship a priority for me. Another guy in my guild has the same problem.

I call it most frequently when I am facing malevolence fleets. Is there anything in their kit that I am overlooking that might be interfering?

Try to record a battle so it will be easier for everyone to help find a solution.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Works fine for me, other than retribution not lasting long enough to be useful and Y-Wing taunting, preventing anyone from using retribution :)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    My Y-Wing is clearly bugged, it can't land mines worth a darn! :D
  • Options
    Checked the dev tracker and didnt see it listed as an official bug.

Not sure what that means though...
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Edgy.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    Options
    I play against the same fleets in arena every night. There are so many bugs in ships its not even funny. Some nights the enemy capital ship will go before my ships take a turn. Jka still locks with UL. Ive seen it with ahsoka as well.

I maintain 1st in my shard. But ships is my least favourite game mode mostly because it gets neglected like a ginger step child that nobody wanted.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I can definitely confirm that the ability works for the AI when I'm doing a mirror-match...enemy y-wing screwed my fleet up nicely.