The Nightsister rework

Sonofnoob
119 posts Member
edited March 2016
The Dawn of the Nightsisters is in our future.
They are long overdue to have better synergy.
We will start with
Old Daka:
She's great, except her leadership.

Nightsister Elder – Nightsister allies gain 40 Defense and 7.5% Health. (Add) all other allies gain half the amount.

Asajj Ventress:
Her abilities work well with Others but not herself. Strike fear conflicts with her massive life steal from gear.

Strike Fear – Dispel all positive status effects from all enemies. (Change Asajj recovers 40% of her Max Health to) Asajj gains 10% turn meter for each positive effect dispelled In this way, and has a 50% chance to remove 10% Turn Meter from all enemies.

She is a slow character and really only viable if she leads. This will make her viable no matter who leads and make her AI smarter (so to speak).

Talia
You have three Nightsister healers. So I think this is a given here.

Nightsister Nimbleness - Nightsister allies gain 15% Evasion and other allies gain half that amount. (Change When an ally evades they have a 50% chance to recover 5% of their Max Health) When an ally evades they gain 15%turn meter.
*edit*

Nightsister Initiate
She is a strong character in hp and damage but lacking in utility. So I would change a few things.
(They need to reduce her cooldowns to be more inline with other attackers and take it down to 2 turns)

Slice Open - Deal Physical damage to target enemy. (Change - On a Critical Hit, inflict Damage Over Time for 2 turns to) with a chance to render the target immune to positive status effects for 2 turns.

Severing Strike - (complete change.) Nightsister Initiate has a 5% increased critical chance for each living Nightsister ally and adds offence down on a successful critical hit.

Nightsister Acolyte
You have her labeled as a healer... Why? Firstly, she's not a healer. Second, do you really think a team of 5 needs 3 healers???
I'm not even going to suggest in detail what to make her, but, since she has a bow and Nightsister use dark necrolike Magic I would make her support with something like a Dooku mixed with Ahsoka in mind with multiple hits that leech life perhaps.

*Edit* Changed Tailias leadership to be more in line with Dooku, evade now gives turn meter not a chance. Also added a comment to initiate.
Post edited by Sonofnoob on

Replies

• Options
    Luce release might be the dawn you are talking about.
  • Options
    So I thought of a way to make The Acolyte better. Without reworking her completely. However, I still would think of reworking her completely and take away the healer tag and make her an attacker, or support.
    I also made a change to keep her more inline with top end characters.

Strike from the Shadows - Deal Physical damage to target enemy (change, with a 40% chance to gain Stealth for 2 turns.) If stealthed deal double damage.
    (If from shadows it should be like a backstabbing)

Sacrificial Magicks - Deal Special damage to target enemy. (Change if a finishing blow and gain to) If stealthed drain 25% Turn Meter and remove all negative status effects from allies.
    (To capitalize oh her stealth instead of taking away from Asajj getting a killing blow)

Thrill of Victory- Nightsister Acolyte has +10% Critical Chance and (change and recovers 20% of her Max Health when scoring a Critical Hit.) and gains Stealth for 2 turns whenever an ally or enemy is defeated.
    (Having her gain stealth in this fashion feels more like a passive then having to use a turn to maybe gain stealth)
  • Options
    Yes, I want to be able to use Ventress, she just always wastes her only turn on Strike Fear when controlled by the AI. Let's hope they look at the suggestions, or even better, let's hope they are already discussing updates to the nightsisters!
  • baevar
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Bax_Itara wrote: »
    Yes, I want to be able to use Ventress, she just always wastes her only turn on Strike Fear when controlled by the AI. Let's hope they look at the suggestions, or even better, let's hope they are already discussing updates to the nightsisters!

The change to Assaj's Strike Fear to match its tooltip was a mistake. Should have taken the gift from fate and just changed the tooltip instead. She actually made more sense when her heal applied to everyone. As it is, how often is it that you would like to remove buffs from the team but also Assaj needs a small personal heal ?! (honestly not often that someone is still alive to need a heal in this meta at all) It's just incredibly situational that both things would happen at the same time so you're almost always wasting one or the other and as you mentioned, the AI uses it like it's the right play every time anyone has any buff at all. Assaj should also just be a faster character to begin with.
  • Options
    Maybe they'll fix Asajj in a way similar to Ahsoka to make her more useful. I know they've already "fixed" her a few times, but hopefully they won't leave Asajj the way she is now.