3v3 GAC Matchmaking - Rey (almost) impossible to beat - no chance as GL vs non GL player

Yorha2b
13 posts Member
edited May 2020
Before anyone asks why i post here - Its the instruction from the Support guy i had contact with the past day. He told me to post it in the forums.

I got the following problem. As a non GL toon owner im matched against 7 others in every GA match so far. Most of them are Rey. In all 3 rounds now. So in 9/12 rounds now rhe only hope the opponent isnt playing.
In 5v5 this wouldnt be a big issue since there are rey counter. In 3v3 if thrawn is out / beaten Rey just loops her lifedrain / protection gain and her insta death whirlwind which makes it impossible to beat her. Or going in ultimate stance and eliminate the whole team.
This is far beyond "fair matchmaking" and puts a player without a GL toon on a total disadvantage regarding the GA rewards and ability to do some of the feats.

- my feedback for this 3v3 GAC
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    You contacted customer support for this?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    So you should only be against others with the exact same characters as yourself? Not going to happen.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Solution, whale harder.
  • Options
    As a Rey owner with under 5mil GP. I have been matched against non gl owners 99% of the time but have significantly more GP than me. My advice would be to go all in on defense and get a stop. Your opponent will likely cheese most of their defense aside from Rey. The most important territories to guard is the bottom 2 squad zones. Stop them there and you can win.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Decerto wrote: »
    Solution, whale harder.

Always running event, no need to whale.
  • Yorha2b
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks Brotherius for the advice.
    Of course i tried this to go max defense. But even with Relic 5-7 GAS, GG, DR, JKR, Padme, sisters, geos, Malak and other nasty stuff people just get trough.
    Rey, han, chewie for example - a 3 man team can block 2 whole territories / 7 Spots. which gives the opponent 6 more strong offensive teams. And to clear out 7 teams + fleet which is a secure win then isnt hard in this case. (5v5 is totally different. only talking about 3v3 here)

For the guys asking why i wrote support for this.
    I wouldnt have problems having some battles against GL people. but having 9/9 battles GL opponents completely disables this game mode for me
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    The guys with GLs built their rosters towards unlocking them. Of course they should benefit. If can't beat them, you don't deserve the win. That's just the way it is.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Options
    I have almost 5,4 mil gp and 22 g13 characters with 6 of them at r7 14 at r5 and 2 at r0. I haven't been matched with GL owners at all. Of course I do not have GL. With you, I think you must have at least 30 g13 character and no GL so that was really your choice, not to have one. If I myself continue to g13 characters that do not give me GL characters then eventually I will get matched with smarter guys than me who took the time and effort to g13 the prerequisites. No reason to complain about the MM system, just your choices.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    You should scout your opponent BEFORE setting your defence.

If my opponent have a higher GP, I would set my strongest bulky defence teams at the bottom rows. I lose, I win. Chalk it up as a learning experience, strengthen my squads further.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Yorha2b wrote: »
    I wouldnt have problems having some battles against GL people. but having 9/9 battles GL opponents completely disables this game mode for me

Simple solution:

Get a GL of your own.

• CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Simple solution:

Get a GL of your own.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Farming towards such a goal for the next 6 months is an awesome advice for a GAC currently running, haha. Those who currently have most requirements reliced, but the GL not unlocked yet, are getting the worst match-ups of all btw. B)
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »

Simple solution:

Get a GL of your own.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Farming towards such a goal for the next 6 months is an awesome advice for a GAC currently running, haha. Those who currently have most requirements reliced, but the GL not unlocked yet, are getting the worst match-ups of all btw. B)

I had that happen for one group. I won one match, lost two. Then I unlocked Rey and haven't lost since.

It's a temporary thing unless you're just equipping as you go, which is your own problem, not the game's problem.
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »

Simple solution:

Get a GL of your own.

I had that happen for one group. I won one match, lost two. Then I unlocked Rey and haven't lost since.

It's a temporary thing unless you're just equipping as you go, which is your own problem, not the game's problem.
    I don't have a problem, I just can't help but react to such a statement which I originally quoted. ;) Because that doesn't help the op's current problem.